Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washer Bottle Pump

yozza64

Hi guys ive sold my old preface Mk3 Mondeo and just bought a 2004 54 Reg Facelift Mondeo, which im well pleased with. Ive got a small problem with it, as in water is leaking out around the washer bottle pump.. Ive had a look from underneath the car and pulled the pump out and checked the pipes attached to it, and they are still attached and seem ok. Also checked the rubbber seal in the bottle and that seems ok as well. I cleaned it all up and put it back together and refilled the washer bottle but it still leaks. The only place I can see water around the pump is the area where the 2 elbows come out of the pump and is dripping down from there onto the floor.

My thinking is due to the very cold weather we are having is that at some point the washer bottle has frozen and in trying to use the washers has split/cracked one of the elbows on the pump.

I have ordered a new replacement washer pump off eBay, in the hope that this cures the leak.

What are your thoughts on this or could I be right in what I have put

have you checked the pipes that conect to it are not split or got holes in

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club