Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bleeding Brakes !

Cosworth3

Hello all,

Please could someone advise me

if there is a sequence for bleeding the

brakes on my 2005 st170.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You....Aiden.

I'm not aware of a specific procedure for your car, but you usually start at the furthest wheel from the brake fluid reservoir and work your way forwards.

As above, rear first and then front.

Fill reservoir and using plastic tube or an easy bleed on the bleed points pump brakes until no air bubbles show and top up the reservoir as necessary.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251174255309

The easy bleed system is ideal if you're doing it by yourself.

The one I linked above even has a magnet so as to hold the pot to the car.

Failing that use a bungee to hold the pot below the level of the brake being bled.

This will stop air getting back into the system.

Plenty of penetrating fluid and a couple of spare bleed nipples, to replace the ones that you end up rounding off sdo much that you fave to use vice grips and a blow torch!

Plenty of penetrating fluid and a couple of spare bleed nipples, to replace the ones that you end up rounding off so much that you fave to use vice grips and a blow torch!

You speak from pain and experience :)

I always wondered do you immerse the bleed tube in fluid to stop air being drawn back up the pipe ?

I saw then gent next door just letting it hang and drip in to a tray. Although he has a mk4 golf notoriously difficult to bleed. He could not get the pedal to firm up dispute bleeding it 4/5 times. Eventually someone said bleed the 2 nipples on the master cyclinder and he had a firm pedal poor chap spent the afternoon at it. we have all been there lol.

was hoping to do my thermostat this weekend but its continuing to rain like mad.

If you have a tube with non return valves then no real need to immerse the pipe.

Tbh if you've got a long enough piece of tube you're ok.

Clamp rubber brake pipe, remove bleed nipple, wire brush the threads and apply a very little blob of copper grease to the threads and replace before bleeding, don't forget to replace the rubber dust cover on the nipple when finished bleeding each brake.

They will never seize up again. :) .

Thanks for all the replys.

Today is Monday,so let's

see how it goes then.

Thanks.......A.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club