Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Xenon Headlamp Retrofit

jon-v8

Just started, dismantle ST loom, quite work i say, but i hope it's worth it :)

It's a lot of work. Remember to keep an eye out for the connectors.

It's a lot of work. Remember to keep an eye out for the connectors.

Yes I will, it's kinda habit to check everything twice. My oldman teach that, less confusion etc, to double check ;)

What was this grey wire for? Sounds like a ground, I'm still thinking the starting issue is a result of push start

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

Only way I'm gonna find out is with a multimeter. But havnt really had a chance. It's on my to do list.

It's the starter wire which goes to the relay in engine bay. Car starts from barrel to relay so I don't think it needs one. It might just be c111 which needs to be removed maybe.

It's the starter wire which goes to the relay in engine bay. Car starts from barrel to relay so I don't think it needs one. It might just be c111 which needs to be removed maybe.

Just check C111 connector, i think there's bad contact, and your car won't start. Mine does that Cluster said: Aux Heater. and nothing, else no power etc, but just reconnect C111 and voilá then again starts.

Once again it's the weekend and it's raining

when removing the dashboard what about the passenger airbag? is that attached to the underside of the dashboard how did you get over that?

There are 2 bolts I think. You eithier have it it attached by melted plastic or bolts. But there are 2 bolts 1 behind the left centre air vent and one under. I'm not sure if there was one to the left but most likely there is.

I and the airbag itself is attached to the dashboard you SHOULDNT by try to remove it off the dash itself.

JW guide Is good but the translation isn't the clearest some parts I don't really understand I think I need to dedicate two days to this mod

You should get it done in a day. Not to hard. 3/5

I can't risk a none start up, need to plan in advance. Although I had this weekend I didn't plan so I called it off.

Hmm okay so I have to remove steering cover, clocks, vents, radio and header covers, glove box, what else? I saw JW removed his entire center console including gear stick knob and covers, is that essential? Or just apart of his original mods?

I removed everything. I removed front seats, dash, centre console. The dash I remove everything that was on it so radio, vents etc. I just makes it easy to get to all the wires and stuff.

That's why Ford charge about £1500 to do it for you.

Is it necessary to remove the center console though? Can the dash be taken out without the gear stick knob and surrounding removed?

You can keep the gear handle and the surround on. But the actual centre console needs to be move out the way. Or you may end up damaging something if it gets caught

How is the centre console connected to the dash? Did you take any pics?

It's not technically they are 2 pieces. But to put the dash forward to remove the centre needs to be removed.

Little update, due week and half holiday trip, today i just make some progress. Here's some photos :)
Rear sensor install.

post-52548-0-05204200-1405611357_thumb.j

post-52548-0-51402900-1405611358_thumb.j

post-52548-0-05718600-1405611360_thumb.j

post-52548-0-04331500-1405611362_thumb.j

post-52548-0-07691200-1405611364_thumb.j

post-52548-0-54980200-1405611365_thumb.j

post-52548-0-02969400-1405611367_thumb.j

Do you rewire the old loom? I've just replaced it. Have you got the hid module installed?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Ford OC mobile app

Do you rewire the old loom? I've just replaced it. Have you got the hid module installed?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Ford OC mobile app

Haven't change loom yet, i just rewire it, I'd started easier way, add those sensors, then loom :)

How is the centre console connected to the dash? Did you take any pics?

The front of the console has 2 clips on either side that hook into the lower dash and two torx bolts.

Remove the screws under the flap in the rear tray, remove the gear surround trim and undo the bolts then slide the console up and back to unhook the clips.

Probably a good idea to remove the handbrake trim/gaiter too.

Pull up from the rear and pull off over the handbrake.

Sent from my S5

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club