Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Fitting A Egr Blanking Plate Cause A Dash Light To Come On (Mk7)

mattiff

G's no regard for health and safety there mate,

And lying down in snow, no way

Lying down in the snow is comfortable mate, well when its deep enough

• Like 1

I've got many of them, helping do pack lifts on AS90s in the tipping rain or snow in Canada etc.

• Like 1

Did you get the plate fitted?

I've ordered one for mine after reading all the hype on the diesel forums, looks a pig of a job but well worth stopping the crap getting into the engine.

I finally did it what a absolutely horrid job it was to. So little access to the lower bolt it's unreal. If your planning on doing it to a mk7 Fiesta the you definitely need to use a ratchet spanner as otherwise you'll be like me spending ages doing a quarter turn at a time. Urgh never again.

• Like 1

Agreed it is a nasty job but results are worth the 20 minutes agro,

Have you driven it yet ?

I wish it took me twenty minutes lol. I've described the nightmare I had in my project thread. Took me three hours.

• Like 2

I finally did it what a absolutely horrid job it was to. So little access to the lower bolt it's unreal. If your planning on doing it to a mk7 Fiesta the you definitely need to use a ratchet spanner as otherwise you'll be like me spending ages doing a quarter turn at a time. Urgh never again.

Funny how one tool can make life so easy, I'll make the purchase today!

I look forward to you posting the results of your travels though it does sound as its done the trick.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Anyone else done this? Is there a guide for the fez?

• Like 1

alot of fiesta owners including Matthew have followed the guide for the focus,

Exactly the same engine and egr location is the same, if you scoll through the pages on the link below Matthew has added info on his experience blanking the 1.6TDCi in the fiesta. http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/42915-guide-fitting-egr-blanking-plate-16tdci-engine/

I recommend upgrading induction filter for maximum mpg after blanking the egr valve see link for discount code to purchase Green Cotton Performance Induction Filter's aswell as Ritchbrook products http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/

Aww okay that's good then!!! Yeah, I've just read it all haha I'll just purchase on then.

I've got a full induction kit so no worries there haha

• Like 1

if you have the time when doing yours perhaps take note of the tools your using and a few pictures and create a guide specifically for fiesta owners,

Yeah, that would be a good idea :) cheers

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club