Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help.. Pools Of Water In Car.

Samantha N

I have a 2008 Ford focus cc2 tdci. The rear and front passenger wells have puddles in them and the boot at the same side is also a little damp. I've towelled it out and had no mats in for weeks with the heating directed to the floor in an attempt to further try and dry it out. Today when I checked again the carpets are saturated with pools of water on passenger side. It's not rained for days. The water is clear and odourless. Any ideas please. Worrying about the whole lot rusting as well as it starting to smell...many thanks, Sam.

I had it on my 53 plate focus and it was the window seal at bottom of windscreen was gone and came in through the wir filter and ducts worth a look at

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Ford OC mobile app

without any rain recently, water has to be coming from somewhere within the car.

either its been settled in the boot/under rear seats, then just moved forward when driving...or perhaps the drains are blocked in scuttle panel (under the bonnet, at the rear under windscreen) again, driving around the water gets into the car and moves around the floor.

the water needs mopping out, best way im afraid, is to have the carpets removed, likely to have a foam backing under there too which will act like a sponge..once you have pools of water, then if you dont remove or even just lift the carpets to dry as much up as possible, it will take forever to dry out..

obviously also need to find where its getting in too...usual suspects are the scuttle under the screen, rear lamps/boot seals/ doors/ sunroof and drains (if fitted) to name a few.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm wondering whether the water has settled in the floor pan and I'm now dreading the thought of having to take the carpet out as they never go back in the same again. Could it be the scuttle panel? I had a big service on it in the last couple of months although I'm not sure if the pollen filter was replaced..

its a cc and sadly they leak like sieves many of them that water can be coming from the roof seals it may have pooled under the carpets and its making its way through to the surface it could be a heater core leaking though i doubt that ide say its leaking from the roof an dsettling under the carpet

overlooked the fact it was a cc...could well be a roof seal problem.

removing carpets is a pain, but worth doing if you have a large volume of water.

should have drain plugs in the floor pan that can be knocked out, this will make life easier getting rid of the water, but you will still be better off at least lifting the carpet for 2 reasons

get air under it to help the drying..

renewing those drain plugs

and yes, could still be blockage in the scuttle, as water builds up, likely to be entering via the pollen filter.

Have you tried removing the drainage bungs in the boot if it's filling up! Mine (2003) had a about 2inches of water in it.Sponged it out and removed the bungs. Then did the same under the rear passenger footwell. Seemed to help. Thankfully not rained since and the carpet is now finally dry.

Chris

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club