Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec S 2000 Reg Misfire Problems

tmzy

hi my friend has this fiesta which missfires on idle and low revs mainly. i told him to change the plugs and leads in that order. lol cheapest first. but still missfires. but it has improved it. i told him the next step is replace the coil pack but he wants to know if there is anything else that might cause it. as i dont own a fiesta i dont know if it is a common problem on them.

thanks in advance

tommy

It could be the idle control valve if its idling uneven.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

it idles fine. only when it missfires. the miss fire is not continuous on idle. it used to before we changed plugs and leads

Could be injectors I would test coil pack with multimeter and do possibly do compression test before spending to much

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

ok i will see if my friend has a multimeter to test coil pack. didnt think of that. will get back to you

TB sticking? it is something that never ever gets cleaned, might just want a grease on moving parts and filled with carb cleaner to clean it out.

have put a multimeter on the coil pack. it was the coil pack causing the missfire. have replaced it now its running fine again thanks alot

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club