Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium X Business Edition Dab Problem

pagdodd

hello i have a ford mondeo business edition 2013 with the same radio unit above i changed the battery recently and its requesting for code can anyone help please.thanks

I had the same problem, no dab, sometimes frozen dab menu, channel not available etc. I was sitting bored in the car this morning and decided to find the dab aerial, pulled the top cover off the unit attached to the windscreen that holds the rear view mirror, there are two bits of plastic, one small upper and one larger lower piece fitted close up to the glass covering the wiring and metal attachment for the mirror. Inside there is a small white plastic cable connector in a socket where the aerial lead hooks up to the wire which runs up to the roof; there was a bit of play in the socket and it was out by about 1mm. I reseated it firmly and switched to dab on the tuner and started looking for stations and it picked them up!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have had the same problem with my DAB radio. I fixed mine by the following

Fuse box in engine area.

Remove fuse number 43 for 10 mins then replace, radio working fine.

To get the code you have to have the units serial number (found on the right side of the unit after you've removed it) then look online and find one of the firms who will give you the code. Will probably cost a tenner. 

• 1 month later...

I also had the DAB radio issue, the DAB would not work, all others FM MW LW were working fine as was the sat nav. 

I took the fuse out and waited a few minutes and put it back in, I had to enter a 4 digit code and it started working fine! 

• 4 months later...

Chalk another success up to Fuse 43 removal - my DAB radio is now back up and working

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

On dash came up ,need battery, so did no more got one ,before I got a new battery, all my lights in side the car ,were on when you opened your door but when  I got a new battery, didn't look like the lights in side were working, and when I bought this car all the lights were working  I tryed to look in book  but I'm not very good at this ,can any one help me on this ,many thanks David my car is ford mondeo Titanium x business edition ,

• 1 year later...

My dab just suddenly  stopped working all other stations fine popped into a car radio shop its 14 plate mondeo they said talking  3 figures to repair is this right 

• 3 months later...
I have a MK4 2013 2.0L TDCi140ps Business edition, and a little while ago, my DAB stopped working, everything else was ok.

Reading the forum, it was suggested to pull F43 fuse for a while.

I did this and the DAB is ok again...

Cheers for the forum's information..

Just created account so I could post this.... seems like this is a cure for many people....

Dead chuffed !!

PS I have had this issue on my Ford Titanium Business Class Mk4 20154 plate twice now and it has gone (06/01/2022) again, due to a difficult start after sitting cold for a day or so and low battery due to Covid and lack of use. So try pulling fuse F43 under the bonnet, waiting patiently for at least 10 minutes, then re insert fuse. Cross fingers and then start engine slowly and hopefully it will hard reset the radio system and your DAB radio will be live again.

• image.gif.89110502d6f95fa169b456b54846b5cc.gifThanks to 
 Reactions:stonekeeper another Ford Owner

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club