Goulash69

Removing The Rear Ford Badge

Hi guys, just need a quick point in the right direction from someone who knows.

I've brought a replacement for the rear ford emblem as the old one is looking tatty already (cheap badges by ford) I just need some help on how to remove it.

I have done it on another car with a hair dryer and a screwdriver to prise it off but I don't want to go scratching paintwork or anything on my lovely foci, so I just wondered if there are any tips someone could give me to removing it properly.

Thanks, josh

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Not sure if its the same as thr 2.5 but if it is Pop off the full trim holding the badge on to save body work then heat and hack, fish line didn't work as the badge is ( on the 2.5) hollow and getting the wire in under the badge but over the plastic was impossible, you'll have to bend off the badge to get to it anyway so you may as well just hack it all off then mess with the wire, the sticky pads ford used are unbelievably strong!!

I destroyed my rear badge getting it off but the plan was to fit another which I had painted in any case - had to snip the edges of it so I could peel it up and get something in there to prise it off the finisher.

My mate managed to get the one off his RS ok though with heat, so he could wrap the chrome area black (same as I painted)

Ok cheers guys, I shall have a look at the weekend with my screwdriver and hammer in hand :L

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC