Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec MK4 (1999) - Driver Side Lock Bust

wickywicky

Hi guys,

This is my first post here!

I have a Ford Fiesta Zetec MK4 registered in 1999.

I have had a look online already and it seems to be a comman fault.

I have central locking which works, kinda.. Can unlock and lock passenger side, lock driver side, but not unlock drivers side.

Its like its too stiff and wont turn. I have read somewhere that the lock itsself maybe ok. Its the internals. Some wire or something has gone slack.

Im really just wanting to check how to take the door interiars off. Is it difficult and is it easy enough to get back on.

Some pics would be great of someone stripping a door down, so i can see whats what.

Cheers in advance

Duncan aka wickywicky

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

This is my first post here!

I have a Ford Fiesta Zetec MK4 registered in 1999.

I have had a look online already and it seems to be a comman fault.

I have central locking which works, kinda.. Can unlock and lock passenger side, lock driver side, but not unlock drivers side.

Its like its too stiff and wont turn. I have read somewhere that the lock itsself maybe ok. Its the internals. Some wire or something has gone slack.

Im really just wanting to check how to take the door interiars off. Is it difficult and is it easy enough to get back on.

Some pics would be great of someone stripping a door down, so i can see whats what.

Cheers in advance

Duncan aka wickywicky

I have exactly the same problem, all works well on the passenger side, only locking the drivers door when using the drivers door to lock the car.

TBH i bought the car for the wife having had a punto from new for the past nine years. The fiesta has so many negative points against the punto that I will likely go back. I dont know if i have bought a duffer but its not great. 1.4 zetec, that needs wound up before it has any performance. thrust bearing whines, centrl locking bust, poor mpg compared to punto,,, sorry guys but i dont think i am sold yet.

The missus loves it, cant figure women eh !!!!!

I have exactly the same problem, all works well on the passenger side, only locking the drivers door when using the drivers door to lock the car.

TBH i bought the car for the wife having had a punto from new for the past nine years. The fiesta has so many negative points against the punto that I will likely go back. I dont know if i have bought a duffer but its not great. 1.4 zetec, that needs wound up before it has any performance. thrust bearing whines, centrl locking bust, poor mpg compared to punto,,, sorry guys but i dont think i am sold yet.

The missus loves it, cant figure women eh !!!!!

the lock design were terible, its a major comon fault, aparently the grease that was used in the locks dry up after a while, try using a oil can and put some engine oil in is the advice my locks smith gave me when mine did the same. and always oil yuor locks before winter and just after. hope it helps

the lock design were terible, its a major comon fault, aparently the grease that was used in the locks dry up after a while, try using a oil can and put some engine oil in is the advice my locks smith gave me when mine did the same. and always oil yuor locks before winter and just after. hope it helps

thanks for the advise

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club