Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello Everyone, I Am New Here And Would So Appreciate Advice

Swisbey

I found this forum because I am looking at buying a Ford Focus Estate as my last car died totally. I am having conflict over model/fuel and whether manual/automatic. Sites/sellers say different and i am so confused. Last two cars - diesel - both Peugeot estates. Ran each for around 10 years. The Focus estate is a better size for me, but I am concerned about the diesel as there seem to be many comments about these going wrong. Currently I do around 6-7000. Mainly around town, but want to go further afield once a week again (last car wouldn't). A run of say 60 miles. Restricted budget to buy - around £6000 and do need running costs to be as low as possible. Friends say get automatic to ease driving, but seems automatic knocks fuel down.

If anyone with Focus Estates could advise I would be so grateful as I am so stuck just now.

Welcome to the family Stephanie, Given the fact your mostly in town, get yourself a petrol engine, and get it manual. Diesels are more for the high milers.

Cheapest all round is 1.6, but the 1.8 is generally better.

Petrols have less to go wrong, and you could probably get yourself a 04/06 plate in good condition, but it depends if your looking for a high or lower miler.

Just put off by the low amount that petrols seem to do per mile. At least the ones that I can afford. A friend has the latest model that does about 80 to the gallon but I don't have £11000 to buy one of these. Will take another look. A local garage has a Kuga which I am totally admiring - little out of my price bracket, but wondering whether to take a test drive in this.

To be honest, when the petrol fuel economy is less your saving money on turbo, dual mass flywheel and dpf as a minimum. The town driving won't allow it to get hot enough and stuffs up more, whereas petrol although less efficient doesn't have these problems so much. You could get a diesel and perhaps the weekly long run can compensate for the town runs.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club