Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Helpp!!!! engine management light!!!

Braders

my engine management light came on and i planned on taking it too ford gates too find out what the problem was...anyway, i was cleaning my car yesterday and i was about too do a long overdue clean of the engine bay when i noticed that while the engine was on there was a weird noise like air leaking out of something, anyway, i looked closer and found out what it was, it was a small pipe at the back of the engine bay with a crack in it which was leaking air, i havent a clue what it is or what it does but if it was something too do with the air getting into the engine im sure there would of been a noticeable power decrease which there isnt :S

well i obviously didnt want too leave it like it so i covered the crack with insulation tape until i take it too ford. when i got back into the car and started the engine the engine management light went off so that was obviously the problem.

basically i need too know what that pipe is and how much this is going too set me back :(

i have included pics!

(the red bit of tape is where the hole is lol)

any help with this would be much appreciated!!

post-1114-1245296879_thumb.jpg

post-1114-1245297049_thumb.jpg

cheep to buy new pipe then you can get rid of the tape.

show pictures to ford then they will no the part ;)

my engine management light came on and i planned on taking it too ford gates too find out what the problem was...anyway, i was cleaning my car yesterday and i was about too do a long overdue clean of the engine bay when i noticed that while the engine was on there was a weird noise like air leaking out of something, anyway, i looked closer and found out what it was, it was a small pipe at the back of the engine bay with a crack in it which was leaking air, i havent a clue what it is or what it does but if it was something too do with the air getting into the engine im sure there would of been a noticeable power decrease which there isnt :S

well i obviously didnt want too leave it like it so i covered the crack with insulation tape until i take it too ford. when i got back into the car and started the engine the engine management light went off so that was obviously the problem.

basically i need too know what that pipe is and how much this is going too set me back :(

i have included pics!

(the red bit of tape is where the hole is lol)

any help with this would be much appreciated!!

Hi there man. What's up? Did you use a black tape on that thing? Or did you buy a new pipe instead? How much for the pipe?

• 1 month later...
Hi there man. What's up? Did you use a black tape on that thing? Or did you buy a new pipe instead? How much for the pipe?

i have covered it up with black tape but i havent taken it too ford yet, been low on money recently lol, but the pipe wasnt the cause of the engine management light too come on, its a faulty lambda sensor, will be getting a new one within the next few weeks then get that pipe replaced also :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club