Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus St Or Mondeo St????

Damon Cook

Anyone know how much it is to tax the petrol mondeo ST heard it was 500 but if the focus st is 285 cant see why its that high?

Focus for me mate - had mine since July and love it, hasn't missed a beat and puts a smile on my face every time I get in it. As for room there is more than enough for me at 6 ft 2 and and 18 stone (ish :whistling: ). Fuel economy not great - but you don't buy an ST for that, I average 22 but hardly ever use motorway. Road tax 285 per 12 months, but when mine needs doing again will be doing it direct debit monthly - so that eases the pain slightly. Also had mine mapped (bluefin stage 1) which transforms the car - but even when standard it really is a joy to drive. Any questions will be more than happy to help if I can.

Loved my focus ST and would have another one in a heart beat, but the 220 is an itch that I would love to scratch one day as well.

Difficult decision so good luck, either way you will end up with a cracking motor.

Thanx for the advice guys i am looking at a focus ST in white think only use the car the weekend no commuting and it looks more modern inside than the mondeo cant wait to upgrade 1.8tdci to 2.5 ST should be fun getting used to it

Mk3 ST is worth a Look depending on your initial spending limit.

The cabins such a nice place to be!

It drives really well too, The handlings a little twitchy at first but a set of powerflex bushes sorth that out. I know its not got the burble of a mk2 Standard but a de-res pipe adds a crackle and burble to the exhaust. I've had mine remapped recently and its properly quick now.

I'm regularly geting 25-26mpg just pottering to town and back. Road Tax wasn't as dear as a mk2 either.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club