Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Mother Chuffing Corsa!

jeebowhite

Thanks again guys and ye couldn't agree more with Kurt except one point, I don't feel safer, I just feel slightly more confident that if it happens I will be better covered as to prove my innocence... With any fortune his black box will nail him, he's insured by a box company, if they get his speed at the time, they may prove he was driving without due care and may result in a police visit.

Sadly I don't feel this incident was an accident, I feel it was more an idiot damaging a car through bad driving at best

• Like 1

Thinking about it that is some seriously dangerous driving, what if someone was leaving the same exist as James with a child? Or a cyclist? They would have been killed by the impact.

Truly dangerous driving

Thankfully he didn't smash into your driver side door that would have been so nasty

• Like 1

Agree entirely, going the police station tomorrow to discuss the matter and report my injuries. Will see what they say

Used to be yours that Aston didn't it Kurt lol.

• Like 1

article-0-189FF1BE000005DC-328_634x377.j

How???

Did the driver of that horrific Corsa go into a jealous rage at the sight of a good car, and decide to ram it?

I can only wish lol but if a corsa wrecked my Julia it would be on the same level of a corsa wrecking an Aston

• Like 1

Video should be working now hopefully... And yeah Cheers matey I don't see how I could have been at fault.

You're at fault because his piece of s**t should have ended up head on into the wall, you blocked it!!

Not been a very good day for me either, not car related, but it wouldn't surprise me if the half wit drove a !Removed! vauxhall...

• Like 1

Well, I just reviewed the footage again. The pratt was saying how he was driving quick because there was a car behind him, sadly I watch the video and shock horror, there is no car behind him, no car passes my camera in his direction of travel after the accident....

Im glad I didnt want it back then, I would have thumped him

• Like 3

You're at fault because his piece of s**t should have ended up head on into the wall, you blocked it!!

Not been a very good day for me either, not car related, but it wouldn't surprise me if the half wit drove a !Removed! vauxhall...

haha, cheers Ian and yeah, I think your right, he probably would have gone into the wall.

As such I apologise to you all for not allowing him to go careering off the roads! :p

• Like 3

Hope u and the missus are OK bud specially worse when its a corsa

Ian's right that wall had that corsas name written all over it

Sadly dont I know it!

Thankfully the Mrs is uninjured, not so much my fortune. I was beginning to wonder how the pain could have come about, and having watched the video, he has actually hit me so hard he has moved my car slightly across (the camera jolts and you can see a shift in the direction of view!).

I wont be going into work tomorrow, will be going the police station, I am just writing up my statement and its all coming back to me! so many details. I was waiting and indicating for 8 seconds before the crash, he didnt come down the road until about 3 seconds after I started, and about 5 seconds later he hit me.

• Like 1

Sadly dont I know it!

Thankfully the Mrs is uninjured, not so much my fortune. I was beginning to wonder how the pain could have come about, and having watched the video, he has actually hit me so hard he has moved my car slightly across (the camera jolts and you can see a shift in the direction of view!).

I wont be going into work tomorrow, will be going the police station, I am just writing up my statement and its all coming back to me! so many details. I was waiting and indicating for 8 seconds before the crash, he didnt come down the road until about 3 seconds after I started, and about 5 seconds later he hit me.

Yeah you're right, I just watched the video again and it's very clear your car shifted from the impact. Easiest way to see is to put your cursor over something like part of the wall ahead, and you can see how much the car moved. That must have been a real jolt. What's more, you have the time and date, plus the number plates of several drivers who (hopefully) witnessed it. I say press charges and take it as far as you can - the longer he's off the road the less chance he'll kill someone.

Sadly I can only get the plate of the mondeo, after a few combinations I tracked it via the is the car taxed system. The others are not clear enough sadly, but it's a start. Sadly the date is one day out I still don't appear to ha e changed it (I kept forgetting) but it's clear from everything that it was today... Sadly there appeared to be no skid marks from my tyres moving that I saw anyway...

I agree though the police need to be involved now if nothing else they need a chance to determine if they should follow a prosecution

Jeeez!!

Ever thought about giving up driving? Don't seem to be having much luck with it!!

Glad to see that (on the whole) you're both ok!

Take it easy and hope you nail the bast...git!

Not managed to watch the video yet (not loading on my phone)

How???

Did the driver of that horrific Corsa go into a jealous rage at the sight of a good car, and decide to ram it?

Noo...isn't it obvious?

The Corsa driver must be blind!!

Haha thanks for that fella lol but yes I have considered giving up sadly...

• Like 1

Christ James, if you didnt have bad luck you'd have no luck at all lately!

Glad you and the Mrs are ok though, thankfully you had the camera to dispel his lies to the police and insurance.

You should buy a Helicopter next ;)

James I wouldn't consider giving up driving... Just stop being stationary :lol:

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

• Like 1

Haha ade a mate of mine is a glider instructor, I momentarily considered this as a hobby lol and Ian, that's exactly what my wife said, although I'm not sure what the police would say about running all red lights or speeding out of corners lol would be awesome trying to explain there's more collision risk being stationary than if I'm doing anything from 10 to 120 through the red light lol

Well I'm laid in bed just woke up and surely enough with all hangovers the day after is worse, back, neck, shoulders all done for. I suspect if you left turn grand by my bed free to take if got within 4 minutes I wouldn't get out and claim it on time

• Like 3

I'll have to watch the vid next time I'm at a PC as my phone doesn't seem to like it.

Really feel for you mate, the cmax, the joy ride and now this.... A corsa driver too.

Glad you and the Mrs are OK and hopefully it won't be too long before you get your car back on the road.

Cheers Alex, yeah it's all getting a bit much these days! Mrs is alright, me.... Not so much.

Yeah just saw your post, we must have been writing around the same time.

If the hospital gave you the all clear, hopefully it is just aches and pains which will be gone in a few days...

I can only hope!

Well, been to the police, given my statement and hoping they will take this guy for driving without due care (I reallly hope they do! and will be disappointed if they dont consider it!)

Anyway... Always took a trip to Ford and they had a look, thankfully (somehow?!) its all superficial apparently, around £900 is a very rough guess! so no write off (thank chuff) and all the main bends, buckles and impacts can be cut out and repaired.

All I can say is I am grateful for that much!

Anyways, waiting on painkillers kicking in, still they havent after 2 hours...

Haven't had much luck lately have you.

But it obviously wasn't the corsas fault - they do have steering column issues you know :p

• Like 2

Let's hope the police come down hard on the guy, and it's good to hear the car isn't as bad as you thought. At least now you can focus on getting better.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club