Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Double Din Headunit

RJohnstonex

Hey Guys , I've got a 2005 Fiesta Zetec with a 3 bar (4500 RDS EON) and i'm looking to get a Double din fitted soon but want to keep it looking as if its been there from factory i.e. not chavy . I have a budget of around £250 What do use recommend ?

• Like 1

Maybe a bit over budget but well worth the money is this pioneer AVH-X3500DAB headunit does everything you would expect from a modern day headunit including DAB radio and Apple Car play

See link:

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/pioneer-avh-x3500dab-2-din-cd-mp3-dvd-stereo-6-1-screen-dab-digital-radio-bluetooth-ipod-android.html

Or perhaps the Pioneer AVH-X1500DVD:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm?itemId=121490096467

Similar spec headunit still supports Carplay but no DAB radio

Both headunits have customized button colour illumination to match your interior heater dial illumination etc.

Both units are also compatable with optional reverse camera which can be bought on eBay for under 20 pounds.

Pioneer is a popular choice of aftermarket headunit among all ford enthusiasts including myself and dynamic sounds are a quality supplier.

Also highly recommend this kit from Dynamic Sounds with steering stalk patch lead allowing your double din aftermarket headunit to fit seamlessly in to your ford

See link:

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/ford-fiesta-fusion-2002-2005-double-din-car-cd-stereo-fitting-kit-fascia-panel-steering-control.html

Yeah I like the look of both them do you notice the difference havin DAB over just a regular radio ?

• Like 1

Yeah I like the look of both them do you notice the difference havin DAB over just a regular radio ?

I don't have DAB personally mate but from my understanding the only major difference Between FM and DAB is theres no chance of fuzzy on DAB because its digital its either locked on 100% or nothing at all.

DAB also provides "now and next" on screen information as far as im aware.

I thought my model AVX-X8600BT should have DAB but it doesn't,

Ok bud probably going to get the AVH-X1500DVD but what else do I need to attach it into my car?

• Like 1

Ok bud probably going to get the AVH-X1500DVD but what else do I need to attach it into my car?

Double Din Aftermarket headunit kit from Dynamic Sounds see link:

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/ford-fiesta-fusion-2002-2005-double-din-car-cd-stereo-fitting-kit-fascia-panel-steering-control.html

And select "Pioneer" for the patch lead,

Thats everything you need in one package to fit the aftermarket double din headunit to your fieata,

You can also fit a reverse camera of your choice if desired but not essential.

i trumped for the 3500dab myself as it was only 20quid extra over the bluetooth version

i have to say the dab signal is horrendous

i have been through 2 different glass mounted aerials and the signal was very very patchy if not none existent. could be driving for half an hour at a time in silence before getting a couple seconds of sound and then cut out again

it would cut out if i sped up, slowed down, kept a constant speed, went down the side of another car. basically just terrible

i then tried a splitter that converts the factory external fm aerial into a dab/fm aerial

this seemed to work better as for a while i seemed to have a good signal locally

but then soon as i'd pick up any speed it would cut out again, go down the side of a lorry it would cut out, and if you think you can get a signal on motorway forget it. didnt seem to work for long locally either as it would still cut out after a while

so i spent 20 quid extra for a dab head unit and then 60quid on 3 different aerials/splitters. that means so far i've spent 80quid on trying to get dab to work with no success

the next step would be to get a magnetic mounted external dab aerial at even more expense and personally i think they look tacky as itt means having a visible wire on the outside of the car

• Like 1

yeah think im just going to get the non dab radio above when I get paid. :)

Hi Ryan ,

I had the same set up as you although I don't have steering controls. I went with this kit along with a JVC KR-400 although I would recommend the JVC-KR-500 as it has a little bit more to it. Overall mine came to £70 and I installed it myself which is easy enough to do. I went for the JVC as it was on offer at the time and I only really use the usb slot plus I went with double din so that it looks like my car came with it (not a nice neighborhood). I have attached a picture of what it looks like installed.

post-58329-0-03825500-1417739480_thumb.j

• Like 1

Looks good Bobby how much was your one if it was not on sale if you don't mind me asking ?

• Like 1

It's was £90 normally managed to get it for £60, Halfords are currently selling a newer version for £90 (JVC KW-R510)

• Like 2

It's was £90 normally managed to get it for £60, Halfords are currently selling a newer version for £90 (JVC KW-R510)

You can get a lifetime card for 15% Discount at Halfords by signing up to premium membership on here.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club