Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sub Install...

dmizz93

Alright people..

Just wondering if anyone has attempted a sub/amp install..

have just picked up an Edge 12" active sub and really wanna get it installed on the car.. Running the factory head unit atm as I don't want to lose nav or anything like that!

Now i'm well aware power have to go from +ve terminal on the engine bay throught the firewall somewhere (clutch/washer fluid?) down the interior trim to the boot.. my questions relate to the head unit itself so to speak.

I know i'll need an rca converter for it, but how easy is it to remove the head unit itself? and can I piggyback rear Speakers or would it be better to splice wires at the back of the head unit and run down opposite side of the car?

I have fit a similar sub before to my mates rover 414 (worked a treat!! got loads of gash hahaha) but that was about 6 years ago and can't for the life of me remember what to do..

the only other alternitive is spending £140 odd to get an audio shop install it :|

Allow rca leads from that unit, go with high level input from the rear speaker wire and you're done, only thing that might be an issue is the power on, that pony little 1 micron thick wire that turns it on, if it's a proper active one it'll have a switch or take it from the high level input.

Lol at a 414 getting loads of gash too, did you get checked after?

• Like 1

Allow rca leads from that unit, go with high level input from the rear speaker wire and you're done, only thing that might be an issue is the power on, that pony little 1 micron thick wire that turns it on, if it's a proper active one it'll have a switch or take it from the high level input.

Aha you what? Didn't get amythint about the issue being power on.. Gave it a go today though but f*ck me what a pain!

Run the power lead up through the grommit, down the side of the car and to the boot just fine, remote wire went down the same side which I was gonna either hook up to the ignition live switch or extend one of the fuses for heater seats/blinkers..

Didn't have a trim removal tool though so took me like 40 mins trying to get the head unit out. Made a right pigs ear of it! Then the actual fascia itself took another 20mins or so as one of the clips didn't give..

Ended up taking the passenger airbag surround out to get some better leverage :( managed to get that out and tried to feed the RCA wires in to the front and rear l+r's but Ford/Sony collaborate so well that the colour of wire isn't as expected - got majorly confused.

Did consider splicing the wires at one point then realised I didn't know what !Removed! wires wanted splicing.

Lots of head scratching not a lot of bass.

Put everything back together and now the head unit fascia doesn't sit flush with the other trim - think something is wedged behind the head unit ahah.

Decided to call Oxford audio and thru quoted me £100 for fitting which is warranted.. Thank you, but no deal :')

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club