Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St Or Titanium X - New Driver

roocat

They like what they are paid and bribed to like. Look how the review the previous clio RSs. Had to be rid of it. It did about 20mpg and was running at about 110db, have a child now, cost of growing up. It's a good car but OT I would never ever get something like a ZS or TX let alone those red and black shitters when the ST is only a touch more and no different in running costs with far better seats etc. Plus it's the only fiesta with damn good brakes. A must for a first driver.

Could i ask where u got qoute of 686 my cheapest qoute is 734 with no ncb but six years as a named driver cheers

used tiger.co.uk as a comparison site, admiral came out best.

I started driving in a 1956 Ford Popular with 30 bhp like this http://doctorreplen.deviantart.com/art/1956-Ford-Popular-276407850.

It afforded me various interesting experiences - not all of them in the driving seat. The
idea of beginning with a 180 bhp Fiesta is astonishing - to put it
mildly - and I hope roocat will be able to come back in a year or so
to let us know how it's gone.

Hello everyone, looking for some honest opinions please as I need some help making a decision.

Snip ..........I talked myself out of the ST as I figured it's just too much car as my first vehicle, even though it's by far my favourite. So my sensible head won and I plumped for the titanium x (opting for the luxury and gadgets).........Snip

Just get the ST, it's only as quick as the driver wants it to be.

Get it now while you are still relatively young, unless you want to own one in your 50's pretending to be a born again teenager.

Read the bold type above, you will only regret buying a ZS or TX.

The ST can also come with a shed load of toys, dont settle for a pauper spec.

Apparently the ST has awsome brakes, seats to die for and it can even accommodate children too.

Get it now while you are still relatively young, unless you want to own one in your 50's pretending to be a born again teenager.

Apparently the ST has awsome brakes, seats to die for and it can even accommodate children too.

I don't regret getting a ZS... It's still pretty darn quick and the economy is good too if you're sensible :P

If it's the ST you want go for it! you'll only regret it every time you pull up next to one at the lights.

Aslong as your sensible you'll be fine.

I was thinking the same, I know if I went for a ZS I'd think I've bought the wrong car the first time I see an ST on the road. I'd say you should really test drive both cars, although as a new driver that might seem a bit daunting.

And I agree as long as you're careful you'll be fine. You'll find that compared to whatever car you're learning in you'll only need a gentle touch of the throttle to get the performance you're used to, and the same goes for the brakes. You could use the MyKey feature to limit the top speed but I wouldn't bother.

OK here's my sensible fatherly advice- Get a little run about and keep it for a few months to get used to driving on your own, will be cheap to buy and you wont cry when you bump it. Then get the ST if that is what you want.

Now here's my advice as a ST driver-

GET AN ST!!!!

You might have a point there Phil, but as I'm not a father I'm just left with the ST driver's advice which is the same as yours :)

I'm going to be very boring and suggest that roocat should find out how much insurance will cost for a newly qualified driver.

Also a very firm ride, while maybe OK in town, will be horrible on poorly maintained country roads.

As others have said the ride is firm but I've never found it uncomfortable even on bumpy roads.

Hey watch it I'm one of those 50 year old teenagers!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Ah yes, the ST is only good as a learners car :(

You read into things way to deeply, please accept my apologies for being opinionated x

Thanks again everyone, it's been a good read! Got more responses than expected and all very useful in helping me make my decision. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Philf1

I can just see you now in your mid 70's sporting a reversed baseball cap, fighting the torque steer.

• Like 1

If it's not much more, go for the ST its worth it, test drive it to check the comfort, and dont worry about the power, its very predictable in the handling department, and I believe you can set a power level with "my key" if you're concerned its too much. You'll grow into it quick though. As others have said, if you want the st and buy the tx, you'll probably end up regretting it.

Hey watch it I'm one of those 50 year old teenagers!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Me too. 59 tomorrow.

ST3 ordered collect early January.

I believe you can set a power level with "my key" if you're concerned its too much.

I think you can only set the max speed and max volume for the radio, maybe a couple other things but I don't think power output is one of them. It would be a very useful feature though, especially if it could be standardised across car manufacturers and could help with insurance, a bit like how they limit power on bikes.

you can only limit it to 60-70MPH I think, that's it. otherwise it's dangerous if people stray onto Motorways.

you can only limit it to 60-70MPH I think, that's it. otherwise it's dangerous if people stray onto Motorways.

That's a good point. It could also be dangerous limited to 60, if the driver goes to overtake something and doesn't know the speed is limited. But then they would only have themselves to blame in that case.

• 1 month later...

Test passed, ST ordered - yes!

Nice one :). Do you know how long you have to wait, and what spec did you order?

Cheers Phil. Ordered through DTD last week and got the ST3 in black, full spec. Project build is dated for April, no ETA at dealership yet.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club