Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka Coolant Leak

andrew121121

Hi , I have a 2000 Ford KA collection there is a puddle of coolant underneath the engine on the drivers side about half way up. topped it up with coolant and let it run for a few min and the coolant seems to be pouring from it now.

I noticed a thermostat gasket leak but think this is an additional problem . can't imagine that much coolant coming from there? Any ideas guys? Student here so what ever is the problem with it I shall be fixing it myself

thanks

sounds like a split hose. one the engine is warm put a pair of gloves on and squeez all the coolant hoses to find the ones thats failed and replace or cut down as the leak maybe on the clamping point and also check the expansion bottle and the bottle cap.

• Like 1

Hey turns out it's the gasket. I've ordered new thermostat and gasket collectino it tomorrow. I want to drain all the coolant and put new stuff in. How do I do this. Just pull of the rad hose and collect the old stuff? Also how do I fill it back up? Trough the hole where the thermostat is or trough the expansion tank?

Thanks

Yeah just pull the bottom hose and have a bucket ready underneath.

To fill it just pour it in through the expansion tank. Run the engine with the cap off to allow it to burp the air out

• Like 1

So when I first start the car there will be no coolant in the engine or rad etc just in the expansion tank??

So when I first start the car there will be no coolant in the engine or rad etc just in the expansion tank??

No it will start filling the system as you fill the expansion bottle

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club