Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like having nice weather but no motivation or energy to do anything. 

1 hour ago, GMX said:

You can always siphon or pump some out into cans, if need be

Isn't the new fuelling system anti-syphon?

Nah I'll just use it as an excuse to visit my mother in the @%#e end of Wales lol

22 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like having nice weather but no motivation or energy to do anything. 

It's raining here, makes a difference that you Scots get better weather than we do lol 

What's up mate?

26 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

It's raining here, makes a difference that you Scots get better weather than we do lol 

What's up mate?

Ha, that's a rarity! 

Everything is just getting on top of me at the moment.  Family issues, financial issues, work issues...  Lots of issues!  A few of them should be resolved if I pass my test next week.  If I fail, then lets just say the fit will hit the shan.

Awww mate I feel for you I really do x got everything crossed you're on here celebrating next week x

I don't like the previous owner of the GTX (or perhaps the owner before him) removing all four head restraints!  Why would you do that? :unsure:

Maybe they fancied a bit of whiplash?

I've bought quite a few cars with one missing and always wonder how...but to have all 4 missing is a new one lol!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've bought quite a few cars with one missing and always wonder how...but to have all 4 missing is a new one lol!

Indeed, it must have been done deliberately.  The only reason I can think is that it was an over-cautious driver (although not so cautious about their neck in the event of an accident...) who thought that they hampered the visibility when looking over your shoulder etc...  Other than that, I'm clueless.

The irritating thing is that they weren't included with the car and I'm going to have a heck of a time trying to find original replacements for those seats. 

Yeah it does seem odd!  Have you got an interior picture?  I'll ask over on the 306 forum, few 405s being broken over there I think but I've no idea which interiors went with which trim level on 405s lol.

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah it does seem odd!  Have you got an interior picture?  I'll ask over on the 306 forum, few 405s being broken over there I think but I've no idea which interiors went with which trim level on 405s lol.

I haven't got one myself, but have got one from the Gumtree advert (well, an old one from months ago which included interior pictures, and a much higher asking price!), in which it had the head restraints intact!  God knows what happened to them between the taking of those pictures and me buying the car, but the owner didn't offer any suggestions...

405 seats.JPG

And in case you were wondering, yes that steering wheel cover was removed immediately!  The whole interior needs a good cleaning, which it'll hopefully get tomorrow if I have the inspiration.

Well that's weird haha!  Will ask over there for you. :smile: 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Well that's weird haha!  Will ask over there for you. :smile: 

Cheers Tom.

I don't like being delayed with pruning expired buddleia flowerheads off, and consequently not having enough daylight to mow the lawn, then harvest the vegetables and then irrigate.  The lawn lost out, and remains looking like a meadow full of dwarf tussocks :sad:

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I haven't got one myself, but have got one from the Gumtree advert (well, an old one from months ago which included interior pictures, and a much higher asking price!), in which it had the head restraints intact!  God knows what happened to them between the taking of those pictures and me buying the car, but the owner didn't offer any suggestions...

Judging by that, the previous owner removed the head restraints when he advertised the lower the asking price:ohmy:  He might listing them on eBay for the difference between what he originally wanted and what you paid

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Or Jamie#s seller might be thinking it would a USP for those wanting buy a car to stage "cash for crash" scams.  The last thing the discerning cash for crasher would want in car, is head restraints:lol:

• Like 1

I don't like finding that the internals have been stripped out of the GTX's CD changer...  Mind you, I'm hardly devastated as I only play cassettes in the car anyway.

I don't like having a very disturbed sleep last night...  For some reason I could only sleep for 30 minutes at a time and kept waking up for no apparent reason.  Plus my body still aches from yesterday's lawn mowing, and because I didn't get a solid sleep my muscles haven't been able to repair themselves.

Coffee and energy drinks will be required today, trust me!

I don't like I've just started emptying my penultimate butt with last night's irrigation:sad:  If we don't get some proper heavy rain soon, everything apart from the blueberries and azaleas (who can't take it unadjusted) with be on tap water:mellow:  Everything seems to grow much better with rainwater.

13 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Mind you, I'm hardly devastated as I only play cassettes in the car anyway.

It's been a while since I had music on cassettes, I'm trying to remember when I last played a cassette:unsure:  I think it must have been at the very start of my BMW phase, before I'd removed the CD changer from the Volvo to the first BMW.  

4 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like having a very disturbed sleep last night... 

I had one of those but on Thursday/Friday, I think it was the sudden return of the 95% humidity exactly the same time I chose to retire.  Brandy too, had a restless night, getting up, padding up and down the duvet: but then she was wearing a thick fur coat, which must be quite uncomfortable when it gets humid:mellow:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMX said:

I don't like I've just started emptying my penultimate butt with last night's irrigation

It has just started raining here, and the Met office give black clouds with 2 blobs of rain most of the day.

Ah, I tell a lie, it has just stopped raining here! Met office still promising more though!unsure.png

-----

Without a CD changer, I found cassettes much easier to handle in a car, than CDs. It is hard to get that big disk out of its jacket, and into the player without touching the surface. And not a good idea while driving!ohmy.png When the missus changes the disks, it always end up with fingerprints, and sticks on some track like an old gramophone player.wacko.png

• Like 1

I don't like having money taken from my bank card and having to wait until Friday to get it back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Without a CD changer, I found cassettes much easier to handle in a car, than CDs. It is hard to get that big disk out of its jacket, and into the player without touching the surface. And not a good idea while driving!ohmy.png When the missus changes the disks, it always end up with fingerprints, and sticks on some track like an old gramophone player.wacko.png

Try writing everything onto a usb stick, I've got nearly 500 songs of all genres on mine and if I don't fancy listening to that one right now I skip on the steering remote, voice control will also shuffle everything up for you too 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Try writing everything onto a usb stick,

I'd have to iron the USB stick flat to get it in the CD slotbiggrin.png

Seriously though, you are dead right, Flash memory devices (sticks & cards) are vastly better than the old 1970s CD technology. Yes, it is that old, first patent was 1966!

I was working at Philips in the late '70s (I was Very young then), and next door to my lab they were trying to develop a 12 inch video disk based on CD technology. They only had one working disk, it was a young & scantily clad Debbie Harry (Blondie), singing Heart of Glass. Must have been such hard work for them!wub.pngbiggrin.png

I just have not got round to installing a USB player, don't really use it often enough.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Exactly, almost every CD I have taken out to the car has came back with at least one track which sticks.  Plus as you said, they are a bit too fiddly to take out of the case and insert whilst driving.  Not that you should insert a cassette whilst driving either, but it is a bit less distracting, and if you happen to drop it on the floor then it won't be instantly scratched and damaged.  I had a cassette fall out of the car once which lay on the driveway overnight (raining) and it still worked like brand new when I picked it up the next day. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, laumk7 said:

Try writing everything onto a usb stick, I've got nearly 500 songs of all genres on mine and if I don't fancy listening to that one right now I skip on the steering remote, voice control will also shuffle everything up for you too 

That wouldn't work for me, as I'm a stickler for originality and Peugeot didn't include a USB port in 1995 :laugh:

I don't like that Tesco decided to rearrange the aisles and in some cases, their contents, over the weekend.:sad: 

I write my shopping list in order of the aisles around the store apart from certain heavy things that need to at the bottom of the trolley, like multipacks of cat food and bags of cat litter . Things that might melt, are delicate or are bulky (ice cream, eggs and  loo rolls in 24 packs, for instance) have a veto too, as they're bought last and placed on top of everything else.

What normally would've been a half hour jolly became close to an hour and a half; as I had to rediscover everything:ohmy::sad:  Logic hasn't played a great part in the reorganisation, tinned fish is no longer with it's other tinned protein counterparts; but has been randomly placed with the soups and half the Polish/Russian goods:sad:  It took me a good 10 minutes to find where they had put the mayonnaise; next to the pasta sauce  wasn't the most obvious place either:unsure:  The big box loo rolls are now sharing an aisle with the seasonal items, like barbecues and watering cans.  Instead of it's former (and logical0 home with ordinary loo rolls in the first household aisle.

There was also a complete lack of performance Fords in the car park unlike last the Tesco visit:sad:

7 hours ago, laumk7 said:

I don't like having money taken from my bank card and having to wait until Friday to get it back 

I thought retailers had to refund your card immediately you were granted a refund:unsure:  If there's a problem with their terminal why couldn't they refund you in cash.

57 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Exactly, almost every CD I have taken out to the car has came back with at least one track which sticks.  Plus as you said, they are a bit too fiddly to take out of the case and insert whilst driving.  Not that you should insert a cassette whilst driving either, but it is a bit less distracting, and if you happen to drop it on the floor then it won't be instantly scratched and damaged.  I had a cassette fall out of the car once which lay on the driveway overnight (raining) and it still worked like brand new when I picked it up the next day. 

Some years ago during my early Volvo phase, it wasn't so much the cassette insertion that was distracting: it was the violent 'thrown into the nether regions of the back seat' cassette ejection that caused me to momentarily forget I was driving a large heavy Volvo in lane 1, slightly faster the NSL on the westbound M42:ohmy: . I actually turned round to see where my tape had gone and then suddenly remembered I was driving :ohmy::blush: Fortunately, it was 2am and there was no-one else about.

Must be all Tesco stores doing it, my local one has done so too.

It's a common marketing ploy.

Instead if just going to the aisles you know, you now have to hunt around which increases the likelyhood of immpulsive purchases.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I had a cassette fall out of the car once which lay on the driveway overnight (raining) and it still worked like brand new when I picked it up the next day. 

...for 10 minutes until the tape player pulled it's guts out... :laugh: 

Last time I used tapes was 2009, my first 306 which still had it's original tape deck from 1997! Seems weird to think it was only 12 years old at the time, felt much older!  12 years old now is a 2004 car! :ohmy:

When I got the ST the floor was full of old CD's, the only ones that had avoided scratches were the ones with gummy sweets stuck all over them! :lol: 

I never did get into the MP3 phase, I was bought a cheap MP3 player in high school when everyone else was getting iPods, but it never worked properly and kept losing or corrupting songs so it was replaced with an identical one with identical faults and I quickly got bored of it!  I've just stuck to CDs ever since.  The Focus has an aux port so I have thought about ripping some CDs and putting those songs on to an MP3 device to plug in to save carrying CDs, but it seems like a lot of effort, plus the cost of buying a device, when I just listen to the radio most of the time anyway lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club