Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

That's actually a really good point, I hadn't thought of bookers cash n carry, I've still got a card from way back when I used to be secretary of a kc breed club. Thank you :smile:

I saw coffee bags, like the tea bags you mention in tescos, but they didn't have any decaf version :sad:

I don't like my lower left quadrant pain is still with me, a few times the intermittent spasm like stabbing has hit 10 on the paramedics pain scale:sad: 

39 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Lending my car to the in-laws.....

I genuinely can't believe how careless they've been, I'm sure it will buff out but I'm actually speechless of how little a **** they give about cars...

IMG_20160815_123409496_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160815_123249152_HDR.jpg

Looks like they drove into and along a winter pruned hedge on a coastal road:ohmy::shocking:

They even managed to take the clear coat off in the last photo:shocking: or is that a reflection of something red in the foreground?

1 hour ago, Ianb said:

I genuinely can't believe how careless they've been

I have driven though loads of hedges & bushes, like thorn & gorse, in my car. It is one reason I keep an older car. But none of the scratches look that bad. They must have realised when it happened, unless it was when they were parked, somehow, and someone else did it. But it looks like your car was moving.

The real trouble is, it is not worth starting a family feud, that could have repercussions for years. In-Laws are a sensitive area in most families. Wait until you have cooled down before trying to ask them about it.

No chance of that buffing out.

I drive a lot of tight back roads and often can't avoid overhanging hedges at speed.  My nearside is covered in that sort of thing. :sad:

18 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Oh I know, my anger is at how stupid I was!  The seller was respectable though, and as she'd never fitted it I think she was as clueless as me.  Either way, there's no point wasting any more time thinking about it or getting myself riled up.  Just got to put it down to experience and move on.

I do need to buy a multi-meter though, as not having one of those I'd have had no way to test it even if I wanted to.

It's OK, we all learn from mistakes :) At least it was a 50 quid battery, and not a 500 quid TV. There is always much worse :)

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

No chance of that buffing out.

I drive a lot of tight back roads and often can't avoid overhanging hedges at speed.  My nearside is covered in that sort of thing. :sad:

That sort of reminds me of when I took a false acacia tree home in the Astra.

It was a 12ft tree from the nursery i get all my plants from, they offered to deliver it, but it was only a sapling and it was only 1 mile away from my house.  I thought it'll be easy enough to drive home with it sticking up out of the sunroof, it''s pot down in the passenger footwell with the seat belt keeping it's trunk held firm.  Whilst loosely tying one of the many lower thorned limbs away from my driving position.

It wasn't a problem on the rural open road, with low hedges and no trees. Until I entered suburban Corfe Mullen leading to upper end of Broadstone, with overhanging hedges and trees, lots of them.:ohmy:    

It wasn't really possible to keep on my side of the road, my tree wouldn't pass beneath the canopy, when I did.:huh:  I ended having to proceed very slowly, straddling the line hoping I wouldn't snag my tree on somebody else's hedge:unsure:  Whilst performing a formal dance with oncoming vehicles. It took about 10 minutes to drive along one almost tunnel like hedge lined road. 

It amused everyone who saw it though:laugh: It's not ever day you see a tree in a car

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

It's OK, we all learn from mistakes :) At least it was a 50 quid battery, and not a 500 quid TV. There is always much worse :)

:shocking:

Did that happen to you?

3 minutes ago, GMX said:

:shocking:

Did that happen to you?

Haha, thankfully not! But I've heard a lot of horror stories.

• Like 1

The 'scratch' looks more surface, rather than deep, so someone that knows what they're doing can probably sort it.....

Just gets on my udders...

6 hours ago, Ianb said:

I genuinely can't believe how careless they've been, I'm sure it will buff out but I'm actually speechless of how little a **** they give about cars...

IMG_20160815_123409496_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160815_123249152_HDR.jpg

Dear Lord!  I'd have been fuming if my car was returned to me like that.  It would maybe be a bit risky for you to raise it with them, but couldn't your wife have a word if it is her family?

• Like 2

I don't like how slow the new BT hub is we've installed at home as an upgrade, seriously I've known faster dial up...

Speaking of slow my own Samsung tablet seems to be on its own go slow at the minute as well, nothing running and all security up to date :unsure:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

I don't like how slow the new BT hub is we've installed at home as an upgrade, seriously I've known faster dial up...

Speaking of slow my own samsung tablet seems to be on its own go slow at the minute as well, nothing running and all security up to date :unsure:

It wont be your hub that is slow Laurie, More your connection. Have you set the hub up correctly ? Are you using wireless or cable to connect your devices? Have you enabled security of your wifi ? So your not sharing your bandwidth with your neighbour?

If your network is not encrypted, enable encryption on the wireless security settings page of your wireless router. There are different forms of encryption, but I suggest that you use the Wi-Fi Protected Access II (WPA2) version because it is stronger than other versions such as Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and WPA.

1 minute ago, Joss max said:

It wont be your hub that is slow Laurie, More your connection. Have you set the hub up correctly ? Are you using wireless or cable to connect your devices? Have you enabled security of your wifi ? So your not sharing your bandwidth with your neighbour?

If your network is not encrypted, enable encryption on the wireless security settings page of your wireless router. There are different forms of encryption, but I suggest that you use the Wi-Fi Protected Access II (WPA2) version because it is stronger than other versions such as Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and WPA.

Yeh my husband set up the security,everything is passworded, his random passwords as well that the 'pooter says are strong. Might well be the wireless, I'm wireless on my tablet in the bedroom and the hub is in the living room through a thick wall (bungalow). 

Most annoyingly he doesn't get network problems on his (2) laptops (he's a software engineer manager thingy), it's just me with my tablet :unsure:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Yeh my husband set up the security,everything is passworded, his random passwords as well that the 'pooter says are strong. Might well be the wireless, I'm wireless on my tablet in the bedroom and the hub is in the living room through a thick wall (bungalow). 

Most annoyingly he doesn't get network problems on his (2) laptops (he's a software engineer manager thingy), it's just me with my tablet :unsure:

(he's a software engineer manager thingy)  There's your problem then. He has restricted your bandwidth so he gets the better connection lol

• Like 3

Lol it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he's done that :laugh: as it stands he tells me what sites I visit (here, ST owners and Facebook woo hoo! )

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Lol it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he's done that :laugh: as it stands he tells me what sites I visit (here, ST owners and Facebook woo hoo! )

as it stands he tells me what sites I visit (here, ST owners and Facebook woo hoo!

But the T'internet is vast!!! Don't believe him saying there are only 3 websites on T'internets

• Like 3

I don't like finding yet another looper, eating the same tomato plant (Lizzano) as before:sad:.  It should've retired, they're supposed to be nocturnal feeders.  It has now been placed in the bowl on the bird table, for the anyone of my 5 resident blackbirds or numerous dunnocks.

3 hours ago, Joss max said:

It never ceases to surprise me the number of my neighbours who aren't encrypting their network, and of the two who have are only using WEP/WPA:ohmy:

• Like 1

It's a very difficult topic re the car and wifey did pry a reason for my general downturn in mood out of me in the end... 

The difficulty is that her family are very kind and have helped us tremendously but I said it's a hard pill to swallow if things come at extra costs...

Ghana it's just a reflection, it's merely scratches... I reckon as they aren't deep that they'll buff out if someone knows what they're doing... but I will think more than twice before I let them borrow it again.

Times like these it makes me glad it's "only" a 57reg bog standard focus and not a 14,15,16 reg ST.... heads would roll...

• Like 3

I don't like that I still haven't managed to find coffee sachets anywhere, I even did a special trip to Cheltenham to try their massive tescos and whittards coffee shop :taz:

I've ordered some off amazon now :sad:

I don't like for the 3rd shop running Tesco have sold out of 24pk loo rolls when I come to get some:sad:  I had to get a couple of 9pk, which whilst their cost per sheet is better than Andrex and Cushelle, it's still higher than my favourite 24pk.

It also wasn't pleasant when Brandy "perfumed" the interior, just as we were returning with some particularly noxious dog gas.:sick:  Given that she only just had her post shopping ablutions moments before, she could've expelled it, before getting back into the Mk1.  Despite having all the windows open on the way back: you can still smell it.:mellow:

2 hours ago, Ianb said:

Ghana it's just a reflection, it's merely scratches... I reckon as they aren't deep that they'll buff out if someone knows what they're doing.

That's better than it looks, reflections can produce odd distortions on photos. In the Gumtree photos, of my my Mk2, due to where the seller was standing and reflecting back into the front wing, i was convinced I was going to find it a deep bowled dent there.  there was none, it was just him being reflected.

If it's just scratches on the clear coat it should indeed buff out in the hands of an accomplished buffer:smile::smile:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GMX said:

I don't like for the 3rd shop running Tesco have sold out of 24pk loo rolls when I come to get some:sad:  I had to get a couple of 9pk, which whilst their cost per sheet is better than Andrex and Cushelle, it's still higher than my favourite 24pk.

I also wasn't pleasant when Brandy "perfumed" the interior, just as we were returning with some particularly noxious dog gas.:sick:  Given that she only just had her post shopping ablutions moments before, she could've expelled it, before getting back into the Mk1.  Despite having all the windows open on the way back: you can still smell it.:mellow:

So sorry but that really did make me laugh out loud! :lol:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

So sorry but that really did make me laugh out loud! :lol:

The dog perfume or the loo rolls?

Lil bit of both, but mainly brandys perfume lol :lol:

Sorry I'm feeling very childish tonight

• Like 1

Tonight's dog perfume was probably fuelled by the fresh tripe she had with her chicken, for her tea:laugh:

Red Bull may give you wings: but fresh tripe makes Brandy perfume:lol:

• Like 1

I don't like that despite having a Bosch S4 battery fitted, the GTX still has an underlying issue whereby it occasionally stalls upon declutching when approaching junctions/roundabouts, and randomly refuses to start unless you crank it for at least 10 seconds, then it suddenly coughs into life!  To me it sounds like a clogged fuel filter which is causing low fuel pressure when starting and on idle (hence bogging down and stalling when dipping the clutch from speed), especially being an old indirect injection diesel with a mechanical fuel pump.  Hardly the easiest to start at the best of times, without throwing a (potentially) clogged fuel filter into the mix.  I'll change that and see how she goes...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club