Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I swerved to avoid head on with lorry coming the other way only to take out my osf wing. Took out the nsr wing of a parked car.  My wing bent to within 1 inch of touching my wheel. Was only doing 20 odd mph

There goes my 4yrs ncb *sob*

To make matters worse my new car was delivered to the dealership yesterday, I'd be looking at collection this weekend if this hadn't happened *sobs harder*

Courtesy was very nearly a Fiat 500, which I had to refuse, on grounds of driving one before - 400yds.

20160805_084342.jpg

20160805_084352.jpg

• Like 1

Despite the numerous slug pubs, I don't like the massive population (over population?) of slugs in particular:sad:, who seem to be breeding faster than their siblings drown in various Badger Brewery ales.  The snail population has increased too: but it's the slugs whose reproduction is in overdrive:ohmy::sad:

It's not helped by the low numbers of wasps.  Who still haven't recovered from the very warm April followed by the very cold May of 2012. When they all awoke too early and then died off when they got caught out by plunging temperatures. I only saw my first wasp of 2016! yesterday, eating some aphids on one of the pittosporrums.  Normally, there'd be hundreds of them by August, keeping the gastropod world in check.:smile:

These things always happen at the worst times!  Hopefully it can be fixed ASAP so you can get your new car.  What courtesy car did you get then, if not the Fiat?

I upgraded to a fester Titanium spec so not too bad,  feels just wrong driving it though:sad:

I don't like my house being struck by lightening! :ohmy:

To make matters worse, it has completely blown my router which now only displays an amber power light and has an audible electrical buzz. 

I'm calling Sky now to try to arrange a replacement router ASAP, but don't hold out too much hope!

• Like 2

Don't like walking to my car (where it's parked on the street - council resident's parking zone) - and finding the nearside windshield wiper arm lifted up.

Hopefully was just a stupid kid messing around, and nothing more sinister. 

6 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Don't like walking to my car (where it's parked on the street - council resident's parking zone) - and finding the nearside windshield wiper arm lifted up.

Hopefully was just a stupid kid messing around, and nothing more sinister. 

I've had that twice recently.  Probably just some drunk who thought it would be a good idea to lift somebody's wiper up, although it did irritate me quite a lot!!

• Like 1

Getting a puncture on the M6 caused by what looks like a hooked Stanley knife blade

IMG_20160806_100204.jpg

IMG_20160806_100818.jpg

• Like 1

Onion eyes:msn-cry:, or rather the effects of peeling and then chopping very fresh juicy onions for the creamy courgette pasta bake:sad:

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like my house being struck by lightening! :ohmy:

To make matters worse, it has completely blown my router which now only displays an amber power light and has an audible electrical buzz. 

I'm calling Sky now to try to arrange a replacement router ASAP, but don't hold out too much hope!

You've got storms up there?

I once had an indirect hit in 1996, in so much the lightening hit a telephone pole, travelled along the cable and took out my 3 hour old newly built PC:ohmy:  Oddly though, I didn't lose all my components.  The motherboard melted in ways I didn't think were possible, along with the modem card and the hard drive but the video card and sound card survived, which was a tad odd.

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

Never had that, when I used to have park on the road at my previous house but I did have someone smash the tailgate glass overnight.  Not entirely sure whether it was someone who just fancied breaking it or something to do, or whether they thought there might something worth nicking apart from Brandy's duvet and a half chewed recreational bone (which they left)

47 minutes ago, chemfusion said:

Getting a puncture on the M6 caused by what looks like a hooked Stanley knife blade

IMG_20160806_100204.jpg

IMG_20160806_100818.jpg

That's not good:sad:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I've had that twice recently.  Probably just some drunk who thought it would be a good idea to lift somebody's wiper up, although it did irritate me quite a lot!!

Where my dad used to live, he had to park his car on the street. He had a W reg gold/silver Discovery 2 at the time and I remember seeing it one morning with blood all down the side of it! Apparently a drunk guy and been in a fight and was (obviously) bleeding and was pinned up against the car when he was nicked. Not sure whether dad washed it off immediately or not, but probably got some strange looks by passers by! :laugh:

• Like 2

On 03/08/2016 at 11:15 AM, TomsFocus said:

Damn, you must be rattling!  What's ET though?

Extra Terrestrial....

Don't like painting & don't like that in the past month(I'm keeping a log) & since the 10th of July I've put in just under £250 worth of fuel & done about 1300 miles.  Getting about 70-100 less than the range on the tank.  Also a quick note, BP Ultimate does not get the range that Shell V Power gets.  More than likely down to the fact that Shell is 99 RON & BP is 97RON.  Even the OH is starting to ask can I not get a different car

Edited by Preecematt
Put June instead of July
  • Like 1

I don't like getting bitten three times by something (gnat, midge, mosquito, random flying biting insect) last night whilst irrigating the tomatoes:sad:  I'm unsure whether it was one insect feasting off me three times or a trio together:unsure:  Although, they or it have managed to co-ordinate the bites into a triangle, so it looks like a piece of belly artwork:laugh:

Brandy's age is starting to impact on her daily life, she's struggling to get up stairs and requires some assistance to get up from sitting to standing, more so on tiled and smooth  surfaces.  I had to rescue her a moment ago, in the garden. She had climbed down a 500mm sleeper wall, to help herself to a blueberry, she could've walked across the patio to the bush, but had taken the awkward approach:unsure:  Unfortunately, for her, approaching the bush from the back, meant the bush was blocking her way forward: she found herself stuck, unable to leap back up on to the lawn:sad: 

• Like 1

Aww, poor Brandy. Hopefully the weather will be nice to give her a few days hot sun soak. Help her muscles and joints! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMX said:

requires some assistance to get up from sitting to standing,

I know how she feels!ohmy.pngsad.png

Especially first thing in the morning after some awkward or heavy physical job the day before.

I am ok once I get going, but it can take a bit of time now.laugh.png

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Aww, poor Brandy. Hopefully the weather will be nice to give her a few days hot sun soak. Help her muscles and joints! :)

She's only started to show the effects her age in the last month:mellow:

I've increased the frequency of oily fish to help her mobility, she's getting salmon, sardines or mackerel every other day with her chicken. 

34 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

I know how she feels!ohmy.pngsad.png

Especially first thing in the morning after some awkward or heavy physical job the day before.

I am ok once I get going, but it can take a bit of time now.laugh.png

Oily fish might help you too:smile:, obviously cooked: whereas Brandy has it raw

• Like 2

I don't like still having no functioning router!  There are a few within 100 miles of me, but I have yet to secure the purchase of one. 

thought you rang sky for a new one?

I don't like jubilee clip failure on my delivery hose:sad: Occurring in mid-pump stroke, resulting in 2 metres of butt water and the (contents so far) of my attached 13L watering can syphoning back down it all over my front and trainers:wacko: There was also the contents of the pump being propelled out as the clip released it's hold on my delivery nipple:sad:

Having removed my trainers and socks before entering the kitchen, I don't like finding a gall bladder wedging itself between my bare toes on the door mat.  :blink: Brandy never eats the gall bladder, she removes it from her fish and abandons it a couple of metres from her bowl

35 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like still having no functioning router!  There are a few within 100 miles of me, but I have yet to secure the purchase of one. 

Sky refusing to supply you with a replacement then?:unsure:

30 minutes ago, GMX said:

Sky refusing to supply you with a replacement then?:unsure:

It is out of the 12 month warranty, so "not their problem" basically.  I've managed to source one now, second hand for £10.  Will pick it up tomorrow afternoon whilst buying a replacement battery for the GTX, which should result in a working Peugeot and internet - two rarities!!

at least you got one sorted, was just about to say i got one i could have posted to you, never mind.

• Like 1

Do you not have Sky Protect?

I'm sure routers are covered under that as well as the boxes.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I don't like being between cars at the moment: 

my new one is in but can't be picked until work starts / is approved to start on the old one.

The old one is undriveable at the bodyshop 

Courtesy car has also gone back as I refuse to pay for an upgrade to a fester from a Fiat 500 for days I'm not using it (holiday)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, iantt said:

at least you got one sorted, was just about to say i got one i could have posted to you, never mind.

Well, I did have one sorted until I got delayed (had a prior appointment) and the seller said he couldn't wait, so it fell through.  I'm still desparately trying to find one locally as I need the internet ASAP, but if I can't find one and yours is the new black style box (compatible with fibre) then I would be interested if the offer still stands!  Let me know what you'd want for it.

16 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Do you not have Sky Protect?

I'm sure routers are covered under that as well as the boxes.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Nope, I didn't sign up to that as the cost per month makes it more expensive than just getting a second-hand box/router when they break down. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club