Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like getting covered in warm recent dog pee:sad: 

Brandy didn't quite make it out of the kitchen door and leaked on to the rubber doormat by the threshold.  As it was self-contained within the raised edges of the mat, i thought it would be easier enough to carry the whole mat outside and hose it off.  Just as I went through the doorway a  gust of wind and lifted the mat up and backwards towards me.  Tipping it's entire contents all down me:wacko::sad:  There was not one piece of clothing that didn't receive some.:ohmy:

Such are the joys of an older dog, whose paws don't move as fast as she wants to:mellow:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

...for 10 minutes until the tape player pulled it's guts out... :laugh: 

Last time I used tapes was 2009, my first 306 which still had it's original tape deck from 1997! Seems weird to think it was only 12 years old at the time, felt much older!  12 years old now is a 2004 car! :ohmy:

When I got the ST the floor was full of old CD's, the only ones that had avoided scratches were the ones with gummy sweets stuck all over them! :lol: 

I never did get into the MP3 phase, I was bought a cheap MP3 player in high school when everyone else was getting iPods, but it never worked properly and kept losing or corrupting songs so it was replaced with an identical one with identical faults and I quickly got bored of it!  I've just stuck to CDs ever since.  The Focus has an aux port so I have thought about ripping some CDs and putting those songs on to an MP3 device to plug in to save carrying CDs, but it seems like a lot of effort, plus the cost of buying a device, when I just listen to the radio most of the time anyway lol.

The dedicated mp3 player had a very brief window of relevance, before they were overtaken by better integrated audio players on mobiles who in turn, at least for ICE, have been surpassed by flash dives.

Talking of superseded tech, does anyone still use the FM transmitter CD changers? That enabled you to play CDs through your FM receiver on the car radio.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GMX said:

I thought retailers had to refund your card immediately you were granted a refund:unsure:  If there's a problem with their terminal why couldn't they refund you in cash.

It was one of my associated companies, they regularly take money from my account via my card, they just forgot to cancel.

I dont like aquaplaning on the motorway last night. I was in lane one doing about 60 due to it absolutely hacking it down, and hit truck tracks filled with water.

Scared the living daylights out of me that did!

I don't like going out to swap the batteries from the Quasar to the GTX prior to my test tomorrow (GTX had a weak battery) to ensure it was in full running order, to then find that it won't start afterwards!  I tried jump starting it in case it was low on power but nope - cranked over fast enough but not firing at all.

So basically I'm completely screwed.  Test booked for 14:30 tomorrow and essentially no car to do it in.  I could do it in the Quasar, but it needs four new tyres and the handbrake doesn't hold.  The GTX was the perfect car as it only needed two rears (ordered for fitting tomorrow) and everything else was fine. 

This couldn't have happened yesterday, or the day before...  No, it had to happen the night before my God damn test!  I'm absolutely furious with the car and myself, for buying it in the first place.  I should have just put four new tyres on the Quasar and got the handbrake fixed rather than having the "bright idea" of using the new car, of which I had no idea as to its predictability.

So as usual, something has gone wrong which will have a detrimental effect on my life.  No surprise there.

Further to my post in the "do like" thread, the above post can now be downgraded to a simple dislike of losing the radio code during the battery changeover, and now having to start the process of finding out if it can be traced some how (like the Ford radios can via the serial number, I believe), or if I'm going to have to replace a perfectly good original radio cassette.

I still don't like the stress and worry caused by the above though, and the fact that because I don't know what the issue was, I am unable to ensure it won't happen again! 

I don't like finance companies!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, hywelkidd said:

Sounds ominous

I don't like still waiting for the Dr's letter I ordered last week, my employers want it.

I also dont like discovering I've probably got ET, as well as being diagnosed with SPTSD, BPD and anxiety :sad: still more tablets for the 11 i take a day at the moment...

20160802_125910.jpg

Sounds ominous

Just not happy with them making me jump through hoops despite having an "excellent" credit rating!

38 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

I don't like still waiting for the Dr's letter I ordered last week, my employers want it.

I also dont like discovering I've probably got ET, as well as being diagnosed with SPTSD, BPD and anxiety :sad: still more tablets for the 11 i take a day at the moment...

20160802_125910.jpg

Damn, you must be rattling!  What's ET though?

Ah I see, just googled it, hadn't heard of that before.  Some people get all the luck... :sad:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

20160802_125910.jpg

Hopefully things will improve once you get back to work.  It's surprising the impact your mental attitude can have towards your physical health, and if you are happier to be working (plus I imagine it'd take your mind off things) then it could make a difference.

• Like 1

Still phasing back in at the moment but I am happier to be working, you're right x

I've always had the shakes but now it's beyond a joke! Sleeping and driving are the only times it ceases to be a problem 

I don't like Seamonkey "throwing a wobbly" and forgetting all it's tabs upon upon restart, half of them, I hadn't got round to bookmarking:sad:  as they were essentially reference for now: not permanent. Whilst both Adobe, Noscript and Comodo all wanted to update themselves at virtually the same time, it doesn't usually make Seamonkey lose everything.  

I wonder if I can remember what they were:unsure:

4 hours ago, laumk7 said:

20160802_125910.jpg

Wow that's a lot of tablets:ohmy:

Although compared to a late mate, who had a T5 spinal injury (motorbike crash) and then lost a leg (diabetes and probable alcoholism). Your week's worth was about the same as his morning quantity; he took over 82 different tablets a day! Half of them counteracting the side effects of each other

I don't know what those acronyms are:unsure:

At a guess (and probably wrong):-

ET =  Extreme Tinnitus?  Extra Tendonitis? Enlarged Toes?  Encephalonic Trauma?  Enigmatic Twitching?

SPTSD = Stress Positioning Trauma in Supine Digits? Spinal Posture Tension and Skeletal Disorder?  Stressed Pericardium and Tensioning Stomach Disease? 

BPD = Bi-Polar Disorder? Bulgarian Person Delusion? Bicep Pulsating Disease? Blocked Pulmonary Disorder? Blistered Phalanges Dyspraxia? Bowels Producing Dyspepsia?

Edited by GMX
didn't refresh page before posting
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, GMX said:

Wow that's a lot of tablets:ohmy:

Although compared to a late mate, who had a T5 spinal injury (motorbike crash) and then lost a leg (diabetes and probable alcoholism). Your week's worth was about the same as his morning quantity; he took over 82 different tablets a day! Half of them counteracting the side effects of each other

I don't know what those acronyms are:unsure:

At a guess (and probably wrong):-

ET =  Extreme Tinnitus?  Extra Tendonitis? Enlarged Toes?  Encephalonic Trauma?  Enigmatic Twitching?

SPTSD = Stress Positioning Trauma in Supine Digits? Spinal Posture Tension and Skeletal Disorder?  Stressed Pericardium and Tensioning Stomach Disease? 

BPD = Bi-Polar Disorder? Bulgarian Person Delusion? Bicep Pulsating Disease? Blocked Pulmonary Disorder? Blistered Phalanges Dyspraxia? Bowels Producing Dyspepsia?

ET- essential tremor, I shake near on all the time, even effects my talking / breathing

SPTSD - severe post traumatic stress disorder, due to my past life

BPD - borderline personality disorder, sounds worse than it is lol. Very complex but close to bipolar, except the mood swings are more frequent. Again see childhood 

Anxiety - complex, see childhood

But yours are better I think lol! You've cheered me up no end! 

82 tablets a day though blimey! Makes mine seem (at last! Thank you!) Insignificant. I'm on tablets for everything max doses for 3 of them as well

• Like 1

Ford Credit? They did that to me too

Not Ford, but things are sounding a bit more positive than it was this morning :)

• Like 1

Don't like forgetting what my so called wife looks like.  I've got the afternoon off & she's still at work.  Otherwise Its down to seeing her for about an hour and a half at night between coming back from work for tea and then going back to work.  As for the kids, I've forgot what they are called and if they are even mine.  I was happy with the afternoon off now I'm bored and miserable

• Like 1

I don't like whoever decided it was ok to set up 5 separate sets of road works within a 2 mile radius of my flat...such a mission getting anywhere this week!!  Why can't they stagger them. :s

I dont like aquaplaning on the motorway last night. I was in lane one doing about 60 due to it absolutely hacking it down, and hit truck tracks filled with water.

Scared the living daylights out of me that did!

I feel for you!!

I was once driving home from Portsmouth when out if nowhere this mahoosive rainstorm just appeared. Aquaplaned going uphill at 70

Also had a trailer aquaplane on me before...that was an...interesting moment...

My dislike of the day: bought a set of roof bars for the Mondeo - thule...no problems with the purchase except for the fact I didn't realise that the feet aren't part of the kit, and PF Jones don't stock them. Halfords is my best bet...nearest stockist? Beverly!!

Hate not having a good sleep fot fews nights cos our kitten is freaking hyper.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, laumk7 said:

I don't like crashing my car this morning.....

Hopefully only a small bump or minor superficial damage?

4 hours ago, laumk7 said:

I don't like crashing my car this morning.....

Nothing too serious I hope?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club