Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

On 7/29/2018 at 12:20 AM, zain611 said:

Something which I'm starting to not like is the skip. Today morning saw a guy in a van stop outside the house and took a peek in the skip. By the looks of it he was looking for metal which no luck here and I did see him carry a bike in his van.

It's always worth a look in a skip tbh, surprising what people throw out sometimes!

Found this skip full of books mostly older than me today...some must be worth money but I wouldn't know which ones!  That Devon WI book is on eBay at £30 atm though...wish I'd taken that one now.  With the owners permission of course. :wink:

Also thibk that might be something to do with the Peugeot 205 bottom left...but might just be a page number lol.

IMG_20180730_143708956.thumb.jpg.9a4f5a6e98df90df22a991a291c4d27f.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Still technically fly-tipping and a health / fire risk.
Complain to your local council and add that you have seen rats.
They will clean it up pretty quickly if rats are reported.
If that doesn't work then report it via Fixmystreet, they know exactly who to chase to get things done-
https://www.fixmystreet.com/

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I did think fly-tipping come into it as it not on the property its on council property,well i think its Highway or something.

Its a people carrier car a Citroen that is a complete mess with dents etc.A large thing so can fit a nice bit in and around a few years old.

Its inside and outside of the gate and waits a week or 2 weeks then takes its down,it don't effect me direct as to the side down a bit on the opposite gate,i think council have been informed on the mess but its low priority as short on people.

I get told a lot of things from a few people who live opposite them and what i can see at the back.

• Like 1

Took the family out yesterday evening to watch mission impossible in the local cinema. Took them there in the car, got the food then went into the room. 

We went in and saw 2 people sitting in our place where we booked so mum called a staff member who came and by the sounds of it was telling the people to move seats. The guy in the seat was reluctant that he wouldn't move and I don't think his ticket showed anything that he booked those seats. The staff member goes out and soon the manager comes. Again was telling them to move but the guy was just trying to act like he was right. In the end the manager moved us to a row of seats and asked a couple to move to make space for us 4. 

After the movie finished went and saw the manager again who was happy to give us a refund which was around £50. Was kind of happy as it meant we saw the movie for free and my mum got her money back as she paid for the tickets. The manager said he could have called the police but that would cause him to stop the film and that would just upset more people. He did say he has them on CCTV so will try and not let them in the cinema if they come again. 

Since then I just feel angry that there is stupidity like this in the world. I'm not the type to argue but this did make me feel like it. I'd be happy if those people don't get access to that cinema. 

• Like 1

I don't like that the next two weeks are going to be a pain at work as most of my colleagues who can and do actually work are on leave or off due to medical reasons. That leaves a handful of us having to make do (along with a complete waste of space person who does f all :censored: and has already amassed a backlog of customer enquiries just sat there for weeks :chair::bash:)

I also don't like the fact that I'm rather bloated at the moment and in a little discomfort 😣.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zico said:

I also don't like the fact that I'm rather bloated at the moment and in a little discomfort 😣.

For bloatness best to not move around too much or just have anti acid tablets. I'd use alka settlers. 

One thing which I continously worry about which I wish I don't is my stomach. I just have a fear on what might happen if I might feel sick or if my stomach starts acting strange. This all started when I was younger and was vomiting which made me not want to eat. It took me about a month to get back into eating properly. Till now I keep a bottle of water with alka settler dissolved in it just in case my stomach acts up. I don't ever drink it unless I feel sick. I just wish I'm like normal people who wouldn't depend on any medicines and don't contiously think about things. 

• Like 1

No such thing as a "normal" person imo. 😉

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

No such thing as a "normal" person imo. 😉

Definitely this!!  Everyone's broken in one way or another! :laugh: 

As for bloating, I find a walk outside in the cooler evenings helps move the gas through, just be careful not to shart a mile away from home. :wink: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, zain611 said:

For bloatness best to not move around too much or just have anti acid tablets. I'd use alka settlers. 

One thing which I continously worry about which I wish I don't is my stomach. I just have a fear on what might happen if I might feel sick or if my stomach starts acting strange. This all started when I was younger and was vomiting which made me not want to eat. It took me about a month to get back into eating properly. Till now I keep a bottle of water with alka settler dissolved in it just in case my stomach acts up. I don't ever drink it unless I feel sick. I just wish I'm like normal people who wouldn't depend on any medicines and don't contiously think about things. 

12 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Definitely this!!  Everyone's broken in one way or another! :laugh: 

As for bloating, I find a walk outside in the cooler evenings helps move the gas through, just be careful not to shart a mile away from home. :wink: 

Unfortunately I have Crohn's and I think it was a case of a little bit of salad in my dinner didn't sit well with me 😔. Have been pretty good for a long while but sometimes the smallest things can knock me sideways.

Worst thing for me was the fact that over the years I became intolerant to Lactose. Now I have to buy/carry around lactase digestant tablets to eat pretty much any food out there. When I have had a lactase tablet, I can usually knock back anything like a McD/BK milkshake without pretty much any issues.

I don't like that one of our Cocker spaniel's is quite unwell and has been like it for about a week now. She's lost a stone in weight and is on steroids (8x 5mg tablets a day - that's as much as I've had to take in the past for my own issues 😔) at the moment in an attempt to try and help. She's got another appointment with the vet next week (came back from a 4/5 day stay on Thursday afternoon) but no-one is quite sure what is wrong with her 😞.

I also don't like that I was proven right in my previous moan about a work colleague doing :censored: all today. Must have been on her mobile for a good few hours over the course of the day, alternatively simply not at her desk. What she did (or likely didn't do) when she was at her desk is still not known 🤬. Only another (minimum) of 10 working days of the same to come.

7 hours ago, Zico said:

I also don't like that I was proven right in my previous moan about a work colleague doing :censored: all today. Must have been on her mobile for a good few hours over the course of the day, alternatively simply not at her desk. What she did (or likely didn't do) when she was at her desk is still not known 🤬. Only another (minimum) of 10 working days of the same to come.

Feel your pain. Sounds exactly like my “colleague” I’ve had since last year. Last in, first out. Always on his phone / hiding somewhere / leaving site and other stuff. When I call him out on it he becomes aggressively defensive. Doesn’t help that my super is 200 miles away and hasn’t been seen down here since feb 2017. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zico said:

Unfortunately I have Crohn's and I think it was a case of a little bit of salad in my dinner didn't sit well with me 😔. Have been pretty good for a long while but sometimes the smallest things can knock me sideways.

Ah, I see.  I've been eating more salad recently to try and help with IBS but seem to have had more issues since doing that...I thought salad was meant to be good for us, it's basically just water with a little fibre! :laugh: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah, I see.  I've been eating more salad recently to try and help with IBS but seem to have had more issues since doing that...I thought salad was meant to be good for us, it's basically just water with a little fibre! :laugh: 

Ironically it's the high fibre that is likely to give me grief at the moment. Salad (raw veg) is one of the worse food for high fibre. Things like lettuce etc. just don't break down in the gut as easily as other types of food and when it hit's my bowel, it's like wire wool passing through 😬.

Worth checking out this part of the Crohn's and Colitis site regarding food and IBD (it may come in handy with your own IBS issues - note seek your own medical advice through your doctor/nurse etc. as I may be completely wrong 🙂😞) https://www.crohnsandcolitis.org.uk/about-inflammatory-bowel-disease/publications/food-and-ibd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really do hope I don't get no illness which is triggered by food especially phycological. I already overthink about my stomach. Mainly I get worried when I go out as no one wants to experience being sick in public with people looking at you. That's kind of why I carry a bottle of water with alka settlers in it. Just in case I ever feel sick (which isn't common thankfully) I have my alka settlers with me to calm my stomach down. I just hope it's not self indused. I have gotten into cooking and watching food programs as I want to have that love for food not like anorexia where people phychological can't eat. 

Something I overthink about when driving is speed cameras. Was on a dual carriageway today and saw someone in a new BMW driving fast weaving through cars. Further down was a set of lights which has also a speed camera. I'm just wondering if I was going at the right speed. There was a car which came beside me before the camera so hopefully I was doing the right speed. There was 2 more speed cameras after it which I'm sure I was doing below the speed as I was behind a car. I have to take an alternative route as a roundabout is closed on my normal route so have to go down the speed camera route. I always worry about speed cameras even when I'm passing them and knowing myself I went at the right speed. At the end of the day I just don't want points on my licence. 

• Like 1

while I have what I have, I'm not worried about things at the moment. I've got a colleague at work who's been through far more issues with his IBD so the only thing I would say is I'm lucky to only have a bit of pain every now and then. In general, I am not a person that worries, more so a person that doesn't take enough opportunities. Every now and then I end up thinking of 'what if' when I've passed up on something that I probably shouldn't of.

Zain, I wouldn't worry about speed camera's. If you're in London and haven't had a speeding ticket then you're obviously doing ok. I pass about one or two fixed cameras every now and then but as they are in positions that you would be hard pushed to speed in, I'm always trundling along anyway 😄. To be honest, I took a tiny bit of delight in upping my MPG the other day when traveling in an average speed check zone on the M20, kind of a silver lining of speed camera's :thumbup:.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zico said:

Ironically it's the high fibre that is likely to give me grief at the moment. Salad (raw veg) is one of the worse food for high fibre. Things like lettuce etc. just don't break down in the gut as easily as other types of food and when it hit's my bowel, it's like wire wool passing through 😬.

Worth checking out this part of the Crohn's and Colitis site regarding food and IBD (it may come in handy with your own IBS issues - note seek your own medical advice through your doctor/nurse etc. as I may be completely wrong 🙂😞) https://www.crohnsandcolitis.org.uk/about-inflammatory-bowel-disease/publications/food-and-ibd

Thanks Yaz, that made for a very interesting read tbh! :smile:  Looks like I'm eating half of the wrong things despite them being healthy for people without bowel issues!  Things like wholemeal bread, cabbage, lettuce, broccoli, potato etc lol.  I have tried food diaries but they're always inconclusive as anxiety plays a large part in it in my case.  

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

I really do hope I don't get no illness which is triggered by food especially phycological. I already overthink about my stomach. Mainly I get worried when I go out as no one wants to experience being sick in public with people looking at you. That's kind of why I carry a bottle of water with alka settlers in it. Just in case I ever feel sick (which isn't common thankfully) I have my alka settlers with me to calm my stomach down. I just hope it's not self indused. I have gotten into cooking and watching food programs as I want to have that love for food not like anorexia where people phychological can't eat. 

Something I overthink about when driving is speed cameras. Was on a dual carriageway today and saw someone in a new BMW driving fast weaving through cars. Further down was a set of lights which has also a speed camera. I'm just wondering if I was going at the right speed. There was a car which came beside me before the camera so hopefully I was doing the right speed. There was 2 more speed cameras after it which I'm sure I was doing below the speed as I was behind a car. I have to take an alternative route as a roundabout is closed on my normal route so have to go down the speed camera route. I always worry about speed cameras even when I'm passing them and knowing myself I went at the right speed. At the end of the day I just don't want points on my licence. 

Zain, have you ever been to the Doctors about the anxiety or tried CBT/ERP through the mental health services?  You're still young enough to not let anxiety ruin your life...  It's too late for some of us lol! :tongue:  I'll be honest, I really don't like Doctors, and nothing has helped me so far,  but I did leave it very late and other 'complex' issues which make treatment more difficult, it does work for some people so is worth a try at least, it's free on the NHS for 6 sessions as well iirc.

You'll find the fear about getting ill is a lot more common than you think!  As is rumination and seeking reassurance - neither of which is helpful long term.  You're not meant to actively avoid the anxiety thoughts either though...you're meant to just 'allow them' to hang around for a bit, theoretically taking the power away from them.  MUCH easier said than done though!  

Something I do like atm is this song...keep hearing it at car shows and on the radio but never took much notice of the lyrics until this week...very appropriate for this thread currently! :laugh:

• Like 2

@TomsFocus I don't think I have fear on getting any type of illness just something which could be life changing. I've been volunteering in my local hospital now for 2 years and have to say I have not caught any illnesses since. I'd say this has given me confidence in being in areas with sick people and probably lose the fear on catching illnesses. When I was younger I went for speech therapy sessions as I was so quiet in school. After that the therapists said I was normal 😂. Id probably say the other people with me were okay except there were moments where some would just stay silent when they were spoken to. 

Thanks @Zico I'd agree there. It's like when I got that ticket. Took a few years of driving to finally get a ticket. It took just a week for the letter to come so will wait then to see. 

• Like 1

@TomsFocus you're welcome.

@zain611 going on Tom's suggestion of time appropriate music, perhaps you can put this on when driving through London to forget about the speed cameras 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh balls!!

I've had a ache on the lower left side of my back since Thursday. Thought nothing of it other than maybe I had slept funny or just pulled something. Just had somebody tell me that there is a rash starting to appear now and that it looks suspiciously like it might be the start of shingles 😒.

Got an appointment with the IBD nurse on Tuesday so will get them to check things out then.

@zain611 all this talk about catching something has caught me out 🤣.

I can't believe that I actually like a Vauxhall...when I test drove it, I was fully expecting to turn around and it was ***** awful

But it's actually pretty good

I hate myself for saying it 😂

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, SeanW said:

I can't believe that I actually like a Vauxhall...when I test drove it, I was fully expecting to turn around and it was ***** awful

But it's actually pretty good

I hate myself for saying it 😂

Not all cars from a manufacturer are bad. I drove a Corsa when I was learning and it wasn't bad. My dad however would not let me get a vauxhall as he doesn't like build quality of them. One of my dad's friends also has a 2005 Corsa which started to have headgasket leaks and the car has around 60k miles which is kind of rubbish really. I think my dad fixed the problem temporarily by putting something in to seal it but his friend said she bought a audi Q3 so might just give it. 

It's not the drive that's the issue...it's the fact they fall apart as soon as they leave the factory! :laugh:    

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's not the drive that's the issue...it's the fact they fall apart as soon as they leave the factory! :laugh:    

Well I'm kind of put off with vauxhall. Look at the VXRs for example. The Corsa VXR has a known fault of cylinder 4 going and the astra VXR has a chocolate gearbox and I don't think this has been recalled.

Another incident I had was my dad's friend's daughter went to see a Corsa which was modded and fell in love with it. My dad noticed it wasn't runny properly and that somebody taped the engine management light so people can't see it was on. His friend took the car back to the seller and they fixed it. Really should have just refunded it as I myself wouldn't trust someone after they tried selling and hiding a lemon. Car was running properly for a bit but then it started getting the same problem. In the end her dad had to get a new engine. Vauxhall don't look bad but after all these things I've heard and seen with them I wouldn't chance it. 

Also does anyone know how to format a SD card? I need to format mine as it keeps saying to do this on the dash cam and it can't record footage until I do it

yes put it in a sd card reader on a laptop find it in the menu C normally  and right click format this card done

hope this helps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club