Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

42 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like spending all evening hunting out all the documents the mortgage company want for 'porting' our loan.

Home insurance, life cover/critical illness/income protection etc death in service, payslip, bank statements (2 accounts) last 3 months.

Some accounts are online and needed to be downloaded and some are hard copies and needed to be scanned. All documents are to be emailed. I think we're just going to go into our branch and get them to email/fax it.

Don't forget a urine sample just in case they ask and stand on one foot when sending emails or they won't recieve them, I always find presenting yourself to them in full reality HD always works best.

Things should be easier especially if you bank with the same one that's providing the mortgage 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Lenny said:

Things should be easier especially if you bank with the same one that's providing the mortgage 

I phoned them a couple of weeks ago and the impression I got was that it was nearly as easy as them just changing the address on mortgage agreement! Oh how wrong was I? 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I phoned them a couple of weeks ago and the impression I got was that it was nearly as easy as them just changing the address on mortgage agreement! Oh how wrong was I? 

Vaccum on the phone sucking you in mate, 

We were first time buyers twelve years ago, and went through the mills of physically taking documents to and from each place, 

We had to collect the deeds of the house from the sellers solicitors and bring it to our own solicitors lol how crazy was that, had we kept the deeds ourselves then the mortgage wouldn't have been official and possession of the deeds means you completely own it under laws of possession being 9/10th's of the law 😀

Then the recession hit two years in to our mortgage, we were fine until I was made redundant then in 2010, I then bought the focus new to take me whereever work was available and improved it rather than the house in case the bank ended up taking it back I wouldn't have lost out. 

But thankfully I got full employment again in 2012 in a  much better paid job doing the same line of work for the human pharmaceuticals instead of vetenary, now I'm improving the house past three years instead of the car.

• Like 1

parking next to the ***** ist car in the car par and also seeing baby seats in the back.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, michaelburrows said:

parking next to the ***** ist car in the car par and also seeing baby seats in the back.

I've baby seats in the back of mine but tinted the windows to keep people happy 😀

• Like 1

iv got baby seats in mine but no babys

• Like 1

10 hours ago, michaelburrows said:

iv got baby seats in mine but no babys

Planning for the future? 🤔

I reckon he just recreates the McDonalds advert with two full grown kids sat in them to get his moneys worth 😀.

**Edit** I hate that I have recalled such trivial tripe from TV 😞

• Like 2

Some muppet just decided to reverse into me. They had no need to stop and then reverse. Luckily it was low speed and no damage was done. His excuse? He thought I was reversing because there were roadworks and wanted to avoid them.
I bet he was attempting to try it on cos I'm a young looking bloke by saying I ran into him when he braked (even though there was nothing to brake for and no need to brake). Good job there are CCTV cameras there and it's right next to the old cop shop and county hall. There would have been proof if he did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Y said:

Some muppet just decided to reverse into me. They had no need to stop and then reverse. Luckily it was low speed and no damage was done. His excuse? He thought I was reversing because there were roadworks and wanted to avoid them.
I bet he was attempting to try it on cos I'm a young looking bloke by saying I ran into him when he braked (even though there was nothing to brake for and no need to brake). Good job there are CCTV cameras there and it's right next to the old cop shop and county hall. There would have been proof if he did.

Exactly what happened to me at a crossroads and I produced dash cam footage to the insurance company whom he was also insured with and well he paid for a full repair.

It all comes down to money at the end of the day. No one wants their insurance to increase and spend more. 

I don't like bad drivers. Had someone in a golf today undertake me on a merging lane. I was going the same way as him and saw that he went into a shopping area. Just confuses me to why he'd drive fast just to go to the shops. Its half term also so the roads are a lot more quieter especially in the mornings so no reason to rush about. 

I also had someone in a blacked out newer Mercedes jeep pull out in front. I just pressed the horn (as I have a feeling his window tints made him not see me) and I went around him. Not really angry of the merc guy but people who drive fast just to go to the shops baffles me. 

• Like 1

I hate blocked drains!!!

Pipe from our kitchen to the outside manhole is blocked meaning we can't use the washing machine, sinks or dish washer in the kitchen.

Chucked two whole bottles of One Shot into the down pipe and waiting to see if it's going to do the trick.

Also found out that amazon no longer have any product links for One Shot. Paid just under £17 in March for 3 bottles and now the only other place I can find it online is £28 for 3 on eBay.

• Like 2

I don't like sitting in a pub surrounded by noisy kids!!!

I'm all for letting kids into pubs for meals etc and to integrate them into 'pub culture' but I wish their parents would at least try to keep them quiet 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I don't like sitting in a pub surrounded by noisy kids!!!

I'm all for letting kids into pubs for meals etc and to integrate them into 'pub culture' but I wish their parents would at least try to keep them quiet 🙄

That's something I don't understand with parents. Some just don't control their children. I hope I can open my mouth and discipline if I have children. A year back I was travelling back from holiday on the plane and had one toddler sitting in front and behind me. I really hated the travel back. The toddler sitting behind was kicking my chair and the one in front was standing up sticking his leg towards me and my sister. The front toddlers mum did stop him a few times but not everytime. This year went on holiday in September and there were hardly any children as they were in school. 

It's either parents get fed up with their children that they just leave them or they are just bad parents. Sadly as I'm quiet and not the type to answer back I have to bottle in my anger. 

😥😭Dont know which is worse; building this ALEX 9 Drawer unit from ikea which would have been nicer if available in black link: https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/storage-furniture/drawer-units-storage-cabinets/alex-drawer-unit-with-9-drawers-white-art-50192822/ 

Or 

The fact she's going to fill top two drawers with makeup using these link: https://thebeautifultruth.ie/product/customisable-organiser/ 

20181029_090906.thumb.jpg.045c49f666b003214803e47069583e5f.jpg

20181029_090855.thumb.jpg.90c8287acb0eea13e05cc165cf07c0fc.jpg

20181029_112956.thumb.jpg.ef6a0f9017fd1d412b205c104ffec607.jpg

• Like 1

@Lenny I think white is alright. In my room I have cream doors over a cream wall. Saying that my room is just about done. Friday me and dad brought the heavy desk up so all the furniture is in. 

1540828179446742626495.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny I think white is alright. In my room I have cream doors over a cream wall. Saying that my room is just about done. Friday me and dad brought the heavy desk up so all the furniture is in. 

1540828179446742626495.jpg

Looks nice and bright mate, 

If I was you; I'd meassure the top of that desk and go to your local window glazing supplier to order a rounded edge sheet of glass to keep the wood protected, 

I've already done our kitchen table and living room coffee table, I plan to get some made for the bedside lockers aswell, 

Protects against scratching aswell as tea cup stains also adds a nice shine, can even slide a poster inbetween the glass and the top surface, I used to have a ford poster on the kitchen table under the glass, 

Image2158.thumb.jpg.0d3e18ec6ab1b130f0437f7bb32daf95.jpg

Image2157.thumb.jpg.df9cd998a278315f20100b9159adb9ff.jpg

Image2160.thumb.jpg.34a6fdd2e8b8387ce7185f52280cec00.jpg

There not expensive any normal glazing supplier can do it to meassure.

The one on the kitchen table is toubhened glass which can take a teapot directly on it vut normal glass is sufficient

And for oval shaped tables I put it on a sheet of cardboard and drew around it with a pencil then gave them the cardboard template, 

• Like 1

I really don't like losing my Stanley Stud Finder as saw here: 

20180402_133142.thumb.jpg.b3b0e99ff7c4077d2526bd6738d33bbe.jpg.69b8307838da3abb891f1f620563e818.jpg

Its not something you might use everyday but when required; its the only tool for the job,

I had it in the house last week, and left it in the hallway but now we have searched absolutely everything and it's nowhere to be found, 

I need it now to put this 36cm tall; fold out hanging rail, on to the wall in our bedroom to prevent the wife from hanging clothes which she plans to wear the following day; on the front of the wardrobe 

20181017_200154.thumb.jpg.2d98682a02a6caa9b3092629e51ac7a9.jpg.1e4813586bd12c2c29a1c70ba7a0760b.jpg

20181017_195619.thumb.jpg.d62cbcfe0a0d11d36556f0d87a99bbce.jpg.147b67fa9e8ed7f729358bfaa949f484.jpg

Purchased from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DQD9RPG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_WQ4XBbZM1KTJ8?tag=autoclubinte-21

Tailgaters. Nuff said. 

Doesn't really happen to me anymore with the car that I drive, but these monsters were the bane of my existence when I first started driving. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, black_cat47 said:

Tailgaters. Nuff said. 

Doesn't really happen to me anymore with the car that I drive, but these monsters were the bane of my existence when I first started driving. 

I really wish the government can put up more traffic cameras and fine people like that. Its mainly impatience that drives people into driving like an idiot. They fine us for doing things which most of the time doesn't affect others like speeding or going through a no entry but people who intentionally push in or tailgate don't get punished. 

I'm also wondering what car you have that deters bad drivers 🤣

I don't like Halloween. Had two people come. Wanted to park the car in the garage but dad parked his car there so just moved the car on the side away from the door so when anyone is working towards the door they don't accidentally hit their sweet bucket or coat zip on the car. Saying that I did have someone today walk past my car after crossing the road and tapping their asda bag on the car. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I don't like Halloween. Had two people come. Wanted to park the car in the garage but dad parked his car there so just moved the car on the side away from the door so when anyone is working towards the door they don't accidentally hit their sweet bucket or coat zip on the car. Saying that I did have someone today walk past my car after crossing the road and tapping their asda bag on the car. 

Thankfully I'm working so Halloween for me this year doesn't exist 🙆‍♂️

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Someone stole our pumpkin :sad:

Squirrel's 

524854f5456a8a1d0dd6b68a5f357c55.jpg.80d517858b51df4b060943163f1884f9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had to respond to a call about a stolen snowman once.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club