Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol those remind me of GTA. Honestly I tapped the rear driver wheel on Thursday then today I tapped the front driver side. Find that a weird coincidence. Doesn't help with the low profile tires although the bit of the tire that slit did kind of protect the rim. Hopefully a good clean and possibly a sand paper will help remove the dirt and smooth it out. 

• Like 1

Accidently clipped a kurb again.

Not again! :wallbash:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Not again! :wallbash:

Yeah I know. Kind of is a wake up call now. 

On 11/25/2018 at 7:25 PM, zain611 said:

Do you have the 1.6 TDCI? It does say in the description to not get it if the current turbo has blown as more work has to be done. Do check the oil feed pipe. I hear people say to remove the filter from the pipe. If you keep up with oil changes you won't have to worry. Checked mine and thankfully the previous owners have been keeping up with the service and it's at 116k miles. _20180109_180014.thumb.JPG.58911af02685ef34dbf03ee3d8682816.JPGDSC_0130.thumb.JPG.36d48366980c466a6a6d7666e84617af.JPG_20180109_180101.thumb.JPG.ed943e18030dc129feb307627e930173.JPG

Bit late responding here but I do have a 90ps 1.6TDCi and some great news;

My symptoms were; when driving the vehicle on the motorway, overtaking or accelerating up above 2,000rpm the engine malfunction sign would display on the screen

20180905_061623.thumb.jpg.9b244a60c064ac61fc49753b81365bff.jpg

And the vehicle would lose acceleration, I feared it was the turbo and from reading about it; I was convinced considering the car has done almost 300,000km on its original turbo thanks to a few preventative maintenance modifications.

Today I took it to a local indepentant garage after work for a diagnostic check to know exactly what is the problem as it was really bringing me down and worrying as I need to get to/from work.

The diagnostic showed up "low fuel rail pressure" limp mode initiated.

So they changed the fuel filter and took it for a drive, everything was 100% again 🙆‍♂️

Thankfully the turbo is fine, they cut open the original filter and it was black as coal on the inside, 🤔 I've just been to ford last March for a full service including water pump and timing belt which was supposed to have had the fuel filter changed, but it seems it wasn't as the garage says it looks like it hadn't been changed since the car was built lol 

I'm delighted to have it running properly again, and I will be changing to a hybrid turbo next summer instead of around Christmas to be sure to get it before it gets me, I think it's served me well at around 300,000km compared to the text book lifespan of 120,000km 

• Like 2

I don't like people who can't stick within lanes. ***** Fiat 500 (as if it's not got plenty of room in a normal width lane) wanted to join mine mid way round a major motorway roundabout.

Christmas markets...

I had to catch a train to a meeting today. Because of the thousands of OAPs going to the Christmas market I had to park in a muddy overflow car park at the station, wait out on the freezing wind and rain-swept platform and then stand on the train.

Bah humbug 😡

• Like 1

@Lenny that's good. When I got the service done on mine and changed the filter it was filled with water. From looking at the old filter it said 2011 on it so prosumably it was changed then. 

On 11/27/2018 at 9:24 PM, Zico said:

I don't like people who can't stick within lanes. ***** Fiat 500 (as if it's not got plenty of room in a normal width lane) wanted to join mine mid way round a major motorway roundabout.

I don't want to sound rude but I've come across a few bad fiat 500 drivers and most or all of them are women drivers. Once had some woman in her 500 come up close behind me. As my car is stiff Id reduce my speed for speed bumps but when someone drives close behind it kind of puts pressure. If your in a hurry to get somewhere tailgating the car in front won't make a difference. 

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

Christmas markets...

I had to catch a train to a meeting today. Because of the thousands of OAPs going to the Christmas market I had to park in a muddy overflow car park at the station, wait out on the freezing wind and rain-swept platform and then stand on the train.

Bah humbug 😡

Be careful buying stuff online near Christmas time. More likely to get stuff missing in the post. I have to park on a residential area and lately they are doing pavement work on one road which means people who park on that site of the road now have to park elsewhere meaning the other roads parking spaces will be taken up. Also kind of doesn't help there is a nursery nearby meaning some parents might park there cars on those roads if they don't stop outside the entrance to drop off their children. 

I don't like going to make a cup of tea and realising that the milk is still in the fridge............ which is in the back of a removal van! 🙄 😀

• Haha 1

On 11/26/2018 at 6:09 AM, jace1969 said:

I have just had a Spigen one from Amazon as i had one last time on my s7 and i like the shock top and bottom as if you drop it on the corners

the band along the top and bottom takes the shock,tried and tested on s7 and worked,the otter one i looked at as well.

Only had it sunday so seems a better fit so we will see.

+1 for Spigen.

Had mine on my S7 for ages - done well to protect the phone!

• Like 1

I don't like the small stone chip on the passenger side of my windscreen. Thankfully it's relatively small and seems to be almost a glancing blow but it's going to be annoying me now.

I don't like that the resulting stone flew up off of a car who pull out on me from a side junction onto the main A road and then plod along without any increase in speed.

The French protesting again!! And I'm going through France to Italy thurs and back again through France on Saturday. I suppose we could call in to Paris and say hello to the protesters with some gas masks at hand. Lol 

There's lots of protesters at all the toll stations on there roads also. We can't exactly keep a low profile in a chaved up transit custom GT with decals all over the panels and windows. Will have to wave our yellow high vis out the window in support. 

• Like 1

The weather across Biscay.

I'm stuck in Gibraltar on a small ship that can't sail in the current 6m swell in Biscay.

Admittedly, there are worse places to be stuck...but some of the locals are brazen thieves!!

20181201_144322.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posters on here who misuse the words there, their and they're.

4 hours ago, Freddy42 said:

Posters on here who misuse the words there, their and they're.

I'm probably guilty of that there 😅

20181202_212109.jpg.ad248c92f0b609440f8c17533147a0df.jpg

I don't like the delivery time frame we have been given for our son's new bed, 

I purchased a midsleeper bed online from a store within Ireland last Thursday offering free delivery and assembly, 

The mid sleeper is a standard single bed but has longer legs like a bunk bed allowing for storage space underneath it,

He can park his Bruder tractors and trucks in there saving floor space. 

Got an email shortly after payment; confirming purchase saying to expect delivery between 05th and 15th January 🎆2019🎆😲 bit long of a wait 🚜.....🚗..🚙.🚕...🚚

I don't like it when the satnav takes you down a lane that gets narrower and narrower and then gets grass growing up the middle. I call that a farm track... :ranting:

• Like 1

Just was looking at some cars at salvage auction. Was horrified seeing some of the cars. 

Saw this poor new ST with only 380 miles. Looked to have been rear endedScreenshot_20181205-131141.thumb.png.0c21896e9fc60e3bbbf80897e5dd2ac8.png

Saw these two 😢. Always be careful when driving. 

Screenshot_20181205-132013.png

Screenshot_20181205-131819.png

It doesn't matter how careful YOU are...the road is full of people that can't drive.  Been stuck in ridiculous amounts of traffic today and passed 3 crashes...  It's a bit drizzly, but not cold and there's definitely no ice or snow...honestly can't understand how everyone seems to have forgotten how to drive today! :unsure: 

Here's a couple of the crashes... 

First one is a lorry on it's side...if anyone has been stuck on the A14 or any of Ipswich today, this was the original cause!  I hope the driver was alright, will be interesting to know how it happened, load shifted maybe?  PS - If the Peugeot driver could keep a constant speed, and not brake to rubberneck the crash, that would've been nice, the van to our left did the same, hence the truck blasting the horn!

This one was at a busy crossroads, crash between a Modus and a Golf, can't even really work out how it happened, visibility is fine at this junction.  The Golf was a 66 plate! :sad:

• Like 1

@zain611 saw this one recently, The first few pictures didn't look too bad until I saw the last image 😂 was like finding a transvestite in an Amsterdam window, was all fantastic until what you see at the last minute 😲😭

20181206_081039.thumb.jpg.2f22a2e5fb547b6245e9d81a72d33ad8.jpg

20181206_080936.thumb.jpg.59ee1e0d3a07dde419507d634a6ab6ab.jpg

20181206_081056.thumb.jpg.3064416447b30ffb3fc1ffadbaa03713.jpg

😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲

20181206_081021.thumb.jpg.14aff4a6f975cc7f12dc67a77c99de67.jpg

20181206_080956.thumb.jpg.2391aa5cbc221db3d0e13229cb643cd6.jpg

• Like 2

@TomsFocus yeah your right there. It can also be your mistake. Look at me for example I kurbed my rear wheel then the front one in the space of five days. I hardly do any mileage but just goes to show. My grandad had an accident about a year ago where he was pulling out a side road as a bus gave him way but some impatient women decided to overtake the bus and go into him. Sadly I think it's a 50:50 case as for some reason his insurance paid out a little. Its mainly the impatient people who cause accidents and I'm sure you don't get anywhere faster to where your going if you drive without giving other road users respect.

@Lenny lol that simili of yours 😂. Do really feel sorry for those people who buy a new car and not long after it gets totalled by some careless person. I'm thinking I might get a salvage BMW later on as they go cheaper. Try to look for it with minor damages where just one or two body panels need changing. With a salvage car most likely they are mechanicaly good (unless it got badly hit that the wheels or engine got damaged). 

Kerbing a wheel at low speed is annoying, but it's not the same as crashing into a 5ft high car lol, the standard of driving at this time of year in particular is shocking tbh.  With your Grandads crash, it sounds like the bus was partly to blame there, busses stop all the time to let passengers on & off so it's not unreasonable to expect to overtake it if it's stopped.  However, the woman should also have passed slowly enough to check there weren't any people crossing in front of the bus. 

If you do buy a write off, make sure it's only Cat N (non-structural), not cat S (structural).  Cat S is where the chassis gets damaged so it wouldn't be safe in another crash without having major repairs done.  You might also find small niggles with a repaired write off if you're as fussy as me.  My Golf was a Cat N and has mostly been repaired well, but it's little things like paint missing on the wing bolts hidden in the door shuts that irritate me! :laugh:  

I don't like our oil boiler breaking down/locking out at 9.30 at night! 🙄

Call out tomorrow morning I think. 

5 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like our oil boiler breaking down/locking out at 9.30 at night! 🙄

Call out tomorrow morning I think. 

Doesn't usually be much wrong with kerosene boilers unless the fuel pump or injector nozzle is at the end of it's life, 

The thermostat on the boiler itself may just need to be reset, 

I put Dipetane in the kerosene of ours last fill to clear it out, I think it has made it heat up a bit quicker, 

When is the last time the system was flushed? 

I've fitted Aladdin auto bleed valves to all radiators and put a bottle of endotherm in the system, well worth the spend.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club