Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

2 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

If that didn't involve mechanical failure then that's a bit embarrassing...

The Mk6 didn't have ESP as standard, he lost it as soon as he over corrected the first time.  It was all over the Facebook pages at the time but no-one owned up to it lol.

• Like 1

Looks like baldly rear tyres to me, not that I can see the tyres lol but it looks as though the lateral G force is pushing the rear out a bit from the beginning of the video when he's over taking.

Looks like baldly rear tyres to me, not that I can see the tyres lol but it looks as though the lateral G force is pushing the rear out a bit from the beginning of the video when he's over taking.

Don't think i will ever learn to always check amazon first,got a large dial bed side clock for my elderly dad off eBay £14.50 which seemed ok.

Arrived by amazon driver which gave the game away so checked,£10.99 on prime...........Thick or what............

Some aspects of modern exterior car styling:

• Fake vents
  • Fake exhaust tips (either where there isn't an exhaust exit or where you can see the small pipe inside)
  • Exterior chrome
  • Cornering lights (just why?)
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Some aspects of modern exterior car styling:

• Fake vents
  • Fake exhaust tips (either where there isn't an exhaust exit or where you can see the small pipe inside)
  • Exterior chrome
  • Cornering lights (just why?)

+1 on the cornering lights. Makes it very difficult to see the indicators on some cars. 

On 11/15/2018 at 12:31 PM, TimST2 said:

Whilst washing the ST I just discovered my first stone chip 😣

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Now taken care of with a Ford touch up paint kit 👍

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

Now taken care of with a Ford touch up paint kit 👍

Need to get me some touch up paint. The previous owner gave me it when I bought the car however I think it's expired now. 

Sadly whilst driving home today I was merging in and accidentally the back driver wheel clipped the kurb. Thankfully it only marked the edge of the rim a little which hopefully will be unnoticeable when clean. Might look into sanding the edges so the marks are smooth and don't trap in dirt. 

10 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Sadly whilst driving home today I was merging in and accidentally the back driver wheel clipped the kurb. Thankfully it only marked the edge of the rim a little...

😬

I caught a back wheel on a curb trying to manoeuvre around parked cars and a bus leaving work shortly after buying my ST. I somehow got away with only a mark on the tyre (despite the Potenzas being low profile), but it was a major brown trouser moment, especially as I had the dealer to refurb two of the wheels that had small scuffs before I bought it! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TimST2 said:

😬

I caught a back wheel on a curb trying to manoeuvre around parked cars and a bus leaving work shortly after buying my ST. I somehow got away with only a mark on the tyre (despite the Potenzas being low profile), but it was a major brown trouser moment, especially as I had the dealer to refurb two of the wheels that had small scuffs before I bought it! 

Yeah sadly even us car guys can accidently damage our cars. We're all human which sadly means we can't be careful all the time when driving. I used to get really upset when I'd kurb my wheel but now I don't really get upset if the edge only got scratched. You don't really spot the marks when you clean the wheels. 

Coming out of work this morning to find the Buzzard that frequents our training compound took interest in my car-
0c6a45d10c1d6574928816a382798137.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Coming out of work this morning to find the Buzzard that frequents our training compound took interest in my car-
0c6a45d10c1d6574928816a382798137.jpg

Whoa was that a bird? You should keep some wipes in the glove box or boot for these instances. That looks like that could obscure your view. 

• Like 1

I've been having some problems recently trying to open the notification tab on the top right side. When I press it the page just goes dark but the tab doesn't open. 

Screenshot_20181123-192409.png

Whoa was that a bird? You should keep some wipes in the glove box or boot for these instances. That looks like that could obscure your view. 
That's going to take more than wipes!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The buzzard doesn't like me because my dogs chase it off.
Nothing a shotgun wouldn't cure [emoji848]
(JK)

• Like 2

Looks like it's the buzzards training ground too...must take months of practice to aim that well!  :laugh:

Tbf it's lucky you weren't getting something out of the back at the time! :unsure:

• Like 2

Looks like it's the buzzards training ground too...must take months of practice to aim that well!  [emoji23]
Tbf it's lucky you weren't getting something out of the back at the time! :unsure:

[emoji849]

I think after 298,542km my Mitsubishi TD025 Turbo is diying 😟

I need to upgrade to a Stage 2 Hybrid Garrett GT1544V

"For Toe Toe" Christmas 

Straight bolt out bolt in swap from the 90bhp stock turbo, Just a remap required and may need to change injectors depending on the code printed on top of them. Take it from 90bhp up to 190bhp https://nbstyling.co.uk/product/hybrid-turbo-fiesta-1-6-tdci-90hpfocus-1-6-tdci-110hp-peugeot-1-6-hdi-mini-1-6d-volvo-1-6d/ 

I'm a bit unsure though, 

If turbo needs replacing then I suppose why not upgrade it free style it out like a boss, it done well to last so long in my 1.6tdci focus thanks to a few tweaks to prolong it's life from the text book 90,000km lifespan.

I may need to add an upgraded map sensor, induction filter and possibly intercooler upgrade aswell as the oil feed pipe which could be currently restricted, overall parts would be up around 1,600 excluding labour compared to around 900 for the stock replacement. 

Had a nice new S9 and trying to put a screen cover on it........1st... more bubbles than a Aero Bar....... 2nd.......99% better but put back rubber case on and

being a curved screen lifts it very slight as it protects the corner of the curved screen from top to bottom,as you know the rubber back cover it a tight fit on the curve.

It stops like it now.

2 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Had a nice new S9 and trying to put a screen cover on it........1st... more bubbles than a Aero Bar....... 2nd.......99% better but put back rubber case on and

being a curved screen lifts it very slight as it protects the corner of the curved screen from top to bottom,as you know the rubber back cover it a tight fit on the curve.

It stops like it now.

I've got an otterbox leather case on my S8 and I'm very happy with it, 

The S8 has the same curved screen as the S9 so I get what your talking about, 

The otter box case is well worth the spend https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OTTERBOX-Strada-Series-Case-Black-for-Samsung-S9/233002991089?_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160706105120%26meid%3D0822684f5f1f4d6199f843b6c0a238e4%26pid%3D100508%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D233002991089&_trksid=p2045573.c100508.m3226 

6 hours ago, Lenny said:

I think after 298,542km my Mitsubishi TD025 Turbo is diying 😟

I need to upgrade to a Stage 2 Hybrid Garrett GT1544V

"For Toe Toe" Christmas 

Straight bolt out bolt in swap from the 90bhp stock turbo, Just a remap required and may need to change injectors depending on the code printed on top of them. Take it from 90bhp up to 190bhp https://nbstyling.co.uk/product/hybrid-turbo-fiesta-1-6-tdci-90hpfocus-1-6-tdci-110hp-peugeot-1-6-hdi-mini-1-6d-volvo-1-6d/ 

I'm a bit unsure though, 

If turbo needs replacing then I suppose why not upgrade it free style it out like a boss, it done well to last so long in my 1.6tdci focus thanks to a few tweaks to prolong it's life from the text book 90,000km lifespan.

I may need to add an upgraded map sensor, induction filter and possibly intercooler upgrade aswell as the oil feed pipe which could be currently restricted, overall parts would be up around 1,600 excluding labour compared to around 900 for the stock replacement. 

Do you have the 1.6 TDCI? It does say in the description to not get it if the current turbo has blown as more work has to be done. Do check the oil feed pipe. I hear people say to remove the filter from the pipe. If you keep up with oil changes you won't have to worry. Checked mine and thankfully the previous owners have been keeping up with the service and it's at 116k miles. _20180109_180014.thumb.JPG.58911af02685ef34dbf03ee3d8682816.JPGDSC_0130.thumb.JPG.36d48366980c466a6a6d7666e84617af.JPG_20180109_180101.thumb.JPG.ed943e18030dc129feb307627e930173.JPG

2 hours ago, jace1969 said:

It stops like it now.

I got my upgrade recently. A Sony Xperia (forgot the model name) to replace my Xperia E3. I leave the application of the screen protector for my dad as he takes his time putting it on. Also got a nice carbon fibre case. 

9 hours ago, Lenny said:

I've got an otterbox leather case on my S8 and I'm very happy with it, 

The S8 has the same curved screen as the S9 so I get what your talking about, 

The otter box case is well worth the spend https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OTTERBOX-Strada-Series-Case-Black-for-Samsung-S9/233002991089?_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160706105120%26meid%3D0822684f5f1f4d6199f843b6c0a238e4%26pid%3D100508%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D233002991089&_trksid=p2045573.c100508.m3226 

I have just had a Spigen one from amazon as i had one last time on my s7 and i like the shock top and bottom as if you drop it on the corners

the band along the top and bottom takes the shock,tried and tested on s7 and worked,the otter one i looked at as well.

Only had it sunday so seems a better fit so we will see.

• Like 1

Accidently clipped a kurb again. It looks like it sticks out in the picture but I cleaned that bit which may be why it sticks out. Was driving slowly past the traffic lights and misjudged the kurb then heard a light bang sound. Also cut a little bit of the tire. Tire needs changing anyway so happy with that but the kurb mark I'll hopefully get over. 

DSC_0654.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club