Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

7 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

really cold weather. 
I woke up this morning to my temp gauge inside the flat reading 10C despite having a heater on all night. 
It's still reading 14-16C now even with 1x 2kw heater and 1x1.5kw heater being on full. 

Yeah since Thursday the temperature plumited. Left home at 7:30 on Thursday to see a layer of ice had formed on the glass. Luckily had my de-icer can but that was freezing cold. 

On 12/11/2018 at 12:54 PM, TomsFocus said:

I've seen a few letters sent to Focus ST-Line owners recently about 'Ford performance upgrades' to 'turn your ST-Line into the performance vehicle of your dreams' (the letter literally says that! :lol: )

What upgrades are they offering ST-Line owners?

On 12/14/2018 at 8:56 AM, TomsFocus said:

I don't like all the time wasting in politics this week...  It was pretty obvious May wasn't going to get kicked on Wednesday, and Brussels weren't going to change their mind on the deal just because she asked again...  I didn't vote for Brexit but half the country did so just get on with it ffs! :rolleyes: 

I also don't like an annoying redirect virus(?) on the PC...only happened on one major national site so I assumed it was an issue with one of their ads...told them about it but they can't replicate it and no-one else has complained of it.  Suggested it might be on my PC although I'm not sure how it would only be triggered by the same site each time.  Anyway, I decided to do a full scan for viruses etc yesterday...  It took 10 hours... 😮  3.2 million files checked, and no threats found at all. :unsure:  Could it be something that wouldn't be found by a virus checker?  And if so, what should I use to find & remove it?

If it was something on your machine you would see it regularly not just on a specific site. The as network used on the site more than likely has a dodgy as being served (happenstance frequently as as networks are an easy way to spread malware).

19 hours ago, TimST2 said:

What upgrades are they offering ST-Line owners?

I always thought it odd that Ford did away with the Mk7 Zetec S branding and changed it to ST-Line.

That's the thing...they don't tell you unless you go there or phone to ask so you feel obliged to buy something.  It'll just be the same stuff you can buy from the likes of Mountune online, but with Ford adding a premium to it.  Eibach springs, induction kits, exhausts etc.

I still don't like the ST-Line name personally.  With the Zetec S, it sounded like you were getting a Zetec but with a bit extra.  With an ST-Line, it sounds like an ST but with a bit less!  Though that's the way it's done with other marques so Ford jumped on the bandwagon.  Audi, for example, have the S3, then the A3 S-Line.   Peugeot do a 308 GTi, and a 308 GT-Line.  Etc.

18 hours ago, Michlaustn said:

If it was something on your machine you would see it regularly not just on a specific site. The as network used on the site more than likely has a dodgy as being served (happenstance frequently as as networks are an easy way to spread malware).

Thanks, I did think it seemed odd that it only happens on a certain site, but also wondered if it was just a coincidence that I was always on that site when it occurred, sometimes it would be within seconds of opening the site, other times it'd take minutes.  The suggestion was a dodgy advert as we've had on this forum before.  I haven't seen it since posting so maybe it has been removed from wherever it was now.

17 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I still don't like the ST-Line name personally.  With the Zetec S, it sounded like you were getting a Zetec but with a bit extra.  With an ST-Line, it sounds like an ST but with a bit less!  Though that's the way it's done with other marques so Ford jumped on the bandwagon.  Audi, for example, have the S3, then the A3 S-Line.   Peugeot do a 308 GTi, and a 308 GT-Line.  Etc.

Yes, I preferred Zetec S also! In a way, all these "Line" things are cars that look sporty but aren't really. I prefer a car that doesn't look sporty but is. Best example was a lad I was at college with ( many moons ago now). He had a bog-standard looking grey Mini van, fitted with a tweaked Cooper S engine putting out about 95bhp (which was a lot then!). Gave a few people a surprise!😁

• Like 1

The zetec s / ST - line I'd say is good for people who want a sporty looking car but cheaper running costs compared to the proper sporty model. Can't comment about the names but for me I'd find it better calling it ST line as someone would thing its a sporty model or the poor man's alternative to the top of the line sports model. I do like my mk6.5 fiesta zetec s 1.6 TDCi.

The mk6 zetec s came with the same ST body kit but 16' wheels. If I wanted to I could change the badges to ST and put the ST wheels on and no one would think its a zetec s unless they hear that tractor engine 🤣. The 1.6 tdci engine isn't exclusive on the zetec s as its also found in the zetec and ghia models. Only difference I can see between the mk6 zetec s and ST is the zetec s doesn't have colour coded door strips, mirror covers and door handles, has 16' wheels comes with a 1.6 petrol or diesel engine and has the optional extra of a red dash whereas the ST has the optional blue dash. 

On the mk7 zetec s they didn't use the same bumpers on the ST so kind of made it unique. 

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

The zetec s / ST - line I'd say is good for people who want a sporty looking car but cheaper running costs compared to the proper sporty model.

Yes, to be fair, unlike a lot of the other manufacturers Ford do distinguish the ST-Line by uprating the suspension etc (and generally make a pretty good job of it), so it isn't purely about looks. I just like the idea of a "sleeper" - say an ST that looked like a Titanium - but I guess I'm a bit weird in that respect ( most respects, says the Mrs😀) and the manufacturers understandably do what sells.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, to be fair, unlike a lot of the other manufacturers Ford do distinguish the ST-Line by uprating the suspension etc (and generally make a pretty good job of it), so it isn't purely about looks. I just like the idea of a "sleeper" - say an ST that looked like a Titanium - but I guess I'm a bit weird in that respect ( most respects, says the Mrs😀) and the manufacturers understandably do what sells.

It's quite common over the years creating sleepers, 

Japanese Import Glanza with a UK Toyota Starlet body kit fitted was one I wanted as first car, 

Here's another good one on YouTube; there an episode where they take it on street dressed in wigs and walking sticks like two elderly people and smoke boy racers 😀

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2018 at 10:06 AM, TomsFocus said:

I still don't like the ST-Line name personally.  With the Zetec S, it sounded like you were getting a Zetec but with a bit extra.  With an ST-Line, it sounds like an ST but with a bit less!  Though that's the way it's done with other marques so Ford jumped on the bandwagon.

The ST-Line branding is an attempt at harnessing the ST halo effect, and Ford are banking on more prospective Zetec customers stretching to the ST-Line than used to stretch to the Zetec S. I'm sure it will work too. I just worry that the ST brand is being diluted, but you only have go to the Ford Performance website to see which cars Ford themselves consider to be the performance models - ST and RS.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I don't like the £25 'admin' fee just to change my address on my car insurance policy! 😠

12 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like the £25 'admin' fee just to change my address on my car insurance policy! 😠

Paying for Christmas party there 🥂

12 hours ago, Turvey said:

Is that the Admiral group?  They charge a £25 fee for everything now. :sad: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Cash me outside ☺

I would of just wait till the end of the insurance then make a new quote with admiral and put the correct address in. They send you an email about your renewal and ncb you have and send the exact same thing through the post. I found it cheaper to get a new quote from them than renewing my existing policy. 

15 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I would of just wait till the end of the insurance then make a new quote with admiral and put the correct address in. They send you an email about your renewal and ncb you have and send the exact same thing through the post. I found it cheaper to get a new quote from them than renewing my existing policy. 

But if his car catches fire on his driveway one night they won't pay out because of the wrong address on the policy...  :unsure:  

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, Michlaustn said:

So, it just happened on another site for the first time. 😮  Looks like it must be on my PC afterall!  I'm now downloading Malwarebytes as suggested above, unless there's anything else I should try?

EDIT:  The only threat found was 'webcake', have quarantined it but don't think it was that causing my issue from Googling it.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

RAC or some subsidiary of it. 

Apparently, they 'couldn't' change the address in that policy so they had to cancel the old one and start a new one 🙄

I don't like getting ill on my first day off for Christmas 🤮

2am last night it started 🤬

Bad luck Tim.  Xmas is at the wrong time of year tbh, everyones ill with highly contagious viruses...I have to get my hazmat suit out just to visit Tesco atm... :unsure: 

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Bad luck Tim.  Xmas is at the wrong time of year tbh, everyones ill with highly contagious viruses...I have to get my hazmat suit out just to visit Tesco atm... :unsure: 

I blame my kids...

I hope you've quarantined them! :biggrin: 

What really frustrates me is old people...kids don't necessarily know any better, but the amount of old people I see openly coughing and sneezing in a crowded shop with no regard for anyone else really infuriates me.  Was in Smiths a couple of weeks ago where some old woman was clearly full of cold or worse, standing at the magazine rack reading one (instead of buying it and taking it elsewhere) coughing and sneezing all over that magazine and the rest of the display...  I'm not usually a violent person but had a sudden urge to end all of our misery by flattening her with the magazine racking... :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I hope you've quarantined them! :biggrin: 

It was actually a week ago that our little man had it. He was quarantined but not from me of course. It might be totally unrelated - I always blame them when I get ill :biggrin: 

Just annoyed I've now missed his nativity play and won't be able to give the ST it's pre-Christmas wash before we go away. Fingers crossed it's a 24 hour thing.

58 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

It was actually a week ago that our little man had it. He was quarantined but not from me of course. It might be totally unrelated - I always blame them when I get ill :biggrin: 

Just annoyed I've now missed his nativity play and won't be able to give the ST it's pre-Christmas wash before we go away. Fingers crossed it's a 24 hour thing.

Hope you get better 👍. Its the worst thing waking up or getting ill late night. This is something I hate at this time of year which is viruses and colds going around. Last year I caught the norovirus (winter vomiting bug). I always keep a bottle of water with alka settler in it in case I feel sick. Woke up that late night with palpitations and feeling sick. Luckily had my alka settler beside me which carmed my stomach. This stupid virus got me a few days before a exam which I failed as I still wasn't fully well 😤

@TomsFocus whenever I have the erj to cough I cover my mouth with the top of my coat. Best to try to suppress a cough as I found it prevents you getting repetitive coughing. I like to have a scarf on and cover my nose and mouth with it so I don't take in any nastys. Some people have no consideration for others, it's like 'if I'm going down you go down with me'. Lol we all have that rage in us. I'm not the type of person to be aggressive towards someone or answer back but sometimes I wish I could (without sparking out of control) 🤣. I still get angry thinking about the time I took my family cinema to watch the latest mission impossible and having these two people sit in our booked seats who refused to move after being asked by the staff and manager. I think Tom cruise attracts a lot of idiots to his films as I had some guy smoke shisha with his girlfriend in front of me when I watched the last movie before that. 

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

...won't be able to give the ST it's pre-Christmas wash before we go away...

I've read automated car washes work well... :wink: :laugh:  

38 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Hope you get better 👍. Its the worst thing waking up or getting ill late night. This is something I hate at this time of year which is viruses and colds going around. Last year I caught the norovirus (winter vomiting bug). I always keep a bottle of water with alka settler in it in case I feel sick. Woke up that late night with palpitations and feeling sick. Luckily had my alka settler beside me which carmed my stomach. This stupid virus got me a few days before a exam which I failed as I still wasn't fully well 😤

@TomsFocus whenever I have the erj to cough I cover my mouth with the top of my coat. Best to try to suppress a cough as I found it prevents you getting repetitive coughing. I like to have a scarf on and cover my nose and mouth with it so I don't take in any nastys. Some people have no consideration for others, it's like 'if I'm going down you go down with me'. Lol we all have that rage in us. I'm not the type of person to be aggressive towards someone or answer back but sometimes I wish I could (without sparking out of control) 🤣. I still get angry thinking about the time I took my family cinema to watch the latest mission impossible and having these two people sit in our booked seats who refused to move after being asked by the staff and manager. I think Tom cruise attracts a lot of idiots to his films as I had some guy smoke shisha with his girlfriend in front of me when I watched the last movie before that. 

Did the Alkaselzer actually stop you getting ill from a bug?  I thought it was just for reflux & heartburn?  

I'm terrified about getting ill as you probably know by now lol.  I often lay in bed paralysed with fear from the feels and noises 'down there'.  I get a lot of stomach and bowel issues anyway but since a particularly bad 'episode' recently it's got a lot worse to the point where I'm terrified about going to bed, but can't cope with the fatigue from staying up either, am barely sleeping at all and feeling like a zombie all day.  I keep a bottle of water by the bed, and have done since I was about 7 or so but it just doesn't stop the what if's.  I don't really know what I can do about it except just waiting for a worse event to move the anxiety elsewhere.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club