Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

On 7/20/2019 at 9:27 AM, TomsFocus said:

I'll just need to make an educated guess that they'll be 5mm then, I don't live particularly close to Nans so can't just pop over and measure hence asking if there was a standard size lol.  :laugh: 

How many do you need? Our next room destruction is imminent and I discovered that the old wardrobes had these for holding glass shelves. There's 16 of them, probably not enough, but might be of use to you 😉

IMG_20190724_200248059.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Turvey said:

How many do you need? Our next room destruction is imminent and I discovered that the old wardrobes had these for holding glass shelves. There's 16 of them, probably not enough, but might be of use to you 😉

IMG_20190724_200248059.jpg

I was literally there yesterday but failed to measure the holes! :laugh:  Those look ideal though!!  There are currently only 4 so I was going to try 8 on that one shelf...  None of the other shelves are broken so 100 is a bit excessive for us.  Can you get them weighed to check postage won't be silly and send a me a PM please? :smile: 

• Like 1

Drove to work today behind two cars with illegally spaced number plates. Neither made any sense at all so what's the point?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

Drove to work today behind two cars with illegally spaced number plates. Neither made any sense at all so what's the point?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

In my local hospital I saw a nice new E class in the staff car park. The first 4 figures shown was DR14 however the 4 was moved to the other side so showed DR1 4xxx. With the 4 moved you can see a name but honestly just shows how some people want their monies worth on a plate so others can understand its meaning easier. Just shows also even doctors have have a limited brain. 

One of my uncles did the same thing with his plate. Got stopped twice and recently he put the spacing correctly. 

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I was literally there yesterday but failed to measure the holes! :laugh:  Those look ideal though!!  There are currently only 4 so I was going to try 8 on that one shelf...  None of the other shelves are broken so 100 is a bit excessive for us.  Can you get them weighed to check postage won't be silly and send a me a PM please? :smile: 

You muppet! 😆

They don't weigh much, PM me your address and I'll put them in a jiffy bag for you 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Got stopped twice and recently he put the spacing correctly. 

I thought the police had become a bit more lenient on this, haven't seen anyone locally moaning about getting pulled for plates at all recently, it used to happen regularly, illegal spacing, illegal font, etc.  The latest one is tinted plates which do look cool at shows but are totally unreadable in moving traffic.  There are loads of illegal ones around here now...some even in the Police Headquarters car park... :laugh: 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Turvey said:

You muppet! 😆

They don't weigh much, PM me your address and I'll put them in a jiffy bag for you 😉

Excellent, will PM you now, thanks Turvey! :biggrin: 

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I thought the police had become a bit more lenient on this, haven't seen anyone locally moaning about getting pulled for plates at all recently, it used to happen regularly, illegal spacing, illegal font, etc.  The latest one is tinted plates which do look cool at shows but are totally unreadable in moving traffic.  There are loads of illegal ones around here now...some even in the Police Headquarters car park... :laugh: 

You should see what the met Facebook in my area are doing. There's a dual carriageway near me where they've been on patrol and they have stopped a lot of cars in just a month. On one night they found a few people speeding down there the highest around 110mph and that's a 40mph road. Really happy they are doing something about this. One of their posts showed two cars they pulled over for street racing. One was a brand new 3 series and the other was the latest Mercedes s class. It baffles me how thick people get these sort of cars. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zain611 said:

You should see what the met Facebook in my area are doing. There's a dual carriageway near me where they've been on patrol and they have stopped a lot of cars in just a month. On one night they found a few people speeding down there the highest around 110mph and that's a 40mph road. Really happy they are doing something about this. One of their posts showed two cars they pulled over for street racing. One was a brand new 3 series and the other was the latest Mercedes s class. It baffles me how thick people get these sort of cars. 

Ah I didn't realise you were close enough to be covered by the MET, they probably have more money & resources than our rural crews lol.  

On the subject of police though, you've just reminded me, I nearly got stingered yesterday!!  :laugh:   Not sure if it was a training exercise or if there was a criminal they were waiting to come down that road but I suddenly saw a load of hi vis jackets on both sides of the road...  The Police car was hidden so couldn't see that but slowed down as I thought there may have been an accident or something...  As I reached them I saw they were all police and with a car hidden in a farm cut, then watched them cross the road as soon as I passed, dragging a stinger behind them! 😮 :unsure: 

Slightly worried they'd been told to look out for a 'Black Golf'...which are everywhere! :lol:

• Like 1

The Met and us 'County Mounties' don't get on too well.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I do not like this heat at all. It's 38c outside right now where I am and inside my flat isn't much cooler. Coolest room is still showing a temperature of 32c.
My flat is a sauna in summer but arctic in winter.

I do not like this heat at all. It's 38c outside right now where I am and inside my flat isn't much cooler. Coolest room is still showing a temperature of 32c.
If you've got a fan just put a bowl of cold water (add ice if you can) in front of it for a nice cool breeze.

I have a portable aircon unit and fans as neither I or the dogs like heat too much.
Luckily not too bad down here so far.
Temperature is only in the mid 20's but humidity is not pleasant.

3 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

If you've got a fan just put a bowl of cold water (add ice if you can) in front of it for a nice cool breeze.

I have a portable aircon unit and fans as neither I or the dogs like heat too much.
Luckily not too bad down here so far.
Temperature is only in the mid 20's but humidity is not pleasant.

I normally put freezer blocks around the fan but they are doing JS right now. You're lucky it is a bit cooler where you are but you're right, the humidity is the biggest issue.
I do hope your dogs are ok. I know heat is really bad for them, especially black ones. 

The dogs are doing ok today.
It's their day off so are lolling around in the yard laying in the shade.
I put a plastic paddling pool out for them and they love laying in the water resting their chins on the edge.
Willow is retiring next month so is winding down on work load, she's gone nice and mellow so the transition has been painless.
Jed is 2 years from retirement so is in his element and Treo is still quite young and willful but very focused at work, he's shaping into an excellent worker and a worthy successor to Willow's reputation.

7880b7735fb79774b8d17bf87a948193.jpg
Willow in mellow mode.

• Like 4

awww, that's so nice. I love dogs but do get a bit scared around bigger ones. I wish Willow all the best in her retirement and I hope your other 2 enjoy their time working. 

• Like 1

Treo looking for mischief and Jed goofing about.
19341c62b2f0936606829aa51f88bfa1.jpg
3ab45fcef09be659b1e7d1f11f8a50da.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Nick Y said:

It's been 37c inside where I work today, been melting, plenty of drinks. What makes it worse is we are busy at the moment and been working longer hrs and no lunchbreaks( that was my choice as if I had stopped, I would have trouble wanting to work this afternoon. 

Upside is £2k bonus this month for my hard work. 

• Like 2

@Stoney871Beautiful dogs. They do work hard so deserve lots of playtime. 

Ian, that must have been horrendous to work in. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Hopefully it's cooler today with the thumderstorms

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Hopefully it's cooler today with the thumderstorms

I was hoping for this as well but it's already touching 30c outside here with high humidity again.  Felt quite nice at 24c with a breeze earlier this morning though!  Looks like it's all change tonight/tomorrow...just in time for all the summer events & car shows over the weekend lol.

• Like 1

It’s a much more bearable 21c here in Hampshire at the moment, so much nicer than yesterday when the cars display read 40c when I got in!

21 here in Plymouth and the humidity has dropped a bunch too.
Dogs are much happier.

• Like 1

Does actually feel to have cooled down now thankfully.

Need to now diagnose the problem to why my AC stopped working. Might get a second hand compressor if its the clutch on mine which seized. 

Still over 30c here both inside and out... :sad:

Bring on the rain!

25 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Still over 30c here both inside and out... :sad:

Bring on the rain!

Here too. Had plenty of rain, thunder, lightning last night but still more to come the forecasters promise.

I've found the car wilting a bit too. The plastic moulding below the screen (after all these years don't know the correct term for it 😀 but it incorporates the scuttle drain area, heater plenum etc) has been expanding so much in the heat the upper edge keeps popping out of it's position just below the bottom edge of the windscreen!