Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

4 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Although hozelock is one of the best there is a fault on a lot of them where if your water pressure is high the hose can't stand being turned and with high pressure it pops off,put a jubilee clip over the click connection so it don't un-click if it works but ordered a brass converter 5,/8'' to 3/4" so I have a standard size.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Both mine and Nans are Hozelock but we haven't had any ends popping off so far fortunately.  We don't have to worry about high water pressure in Suffolk though...it's all on the flat so they have to pump it to give us any pressure at all! :lol: 

• Like 1

I also don't like that pictures still aren't working on Facebook Marketplace for me...is anyone else having this issue or knows how to fix it?  I guess it can't be everyone or they'd have fixed it by now...but it's happening on both EDGE in Windows10 and Chrome on Android for me... :unsure: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

The fact they stayed in the right hand lane permanently is a good sign they were going to do something like that eventually...either ignorant or oblivious...or both.  We've even got radio adverts telling people to keep left now, as if it wasn't part of the driving test! 😮 

I've seen a big increase in accidents in the local area over the last few weeks despite pretty much perfect road conditions...if there was torrential rain and floods I'd get it, but it's warm and dry...honestly don't understand what's going on!

PS - Nice mist jets! :biggrin: 

On that section of dual carriageway it's pretty common for traffic to use both lanes to go straight ahead as there are the two entry lanes the other side (though this is usually when it's busier at peak time). As it was quiet on the road I thought that they would have been turning right at the roundabout further up. Obviously this wasn't the case.

The worst thing for me was when they didn't react to the horn and kept moving over to the left lane before just driving off without any 'sorry' or acknowledgment of what they had done.

I'm also surprised that I didn't swear at them, though the horn took a beating :chair:.

**Edit**

I've got some spare mist jets you could have but you've got a Golf :sad:.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Zico said:

The worst thing for me was when they didn't react to the horn and kept moving over to the left lane before just driving off without any 'sorry' or acknowledgment of what they had done.

Lol, at least you know the horn works! :laugh: 

The sad reality is that the majority of drivers making these sort of manoeuvres don't even understand what they've done wrong hence no acknowledgement...  If you question them on it, the response is always "you must've been going too fast". :rolleyes:  I'm also noticing a lot of drivers with headphones on which have got no chance of hearing a horn (or emergency services siren).  As far as I know it's not illegal, but I can't see how it's safe...needless to say the reason I notice them is because of their lack of observations...  

20 minutes ago, Zico said:

I've got some spare mist jets you could have but you've got a Golf :sad:.

The Golf already has mist jets, and they're hidden under the bonnet.  It's the rubbish Focus jets I hated! :laugh: 

On the subject of the Golf though...it's exactly a year to the day that I bought it as a cheap stop gap, only intending to keep it a few months... 😮 

• Like 1

It looked to me like he was deliberately trying to stop you overtaking.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

@Zico if that was me I'd probably have done the same where you booted it close to them. Makes them hopeful get some sense. I remember when I had my pug I was on the right lane and when entering the roundabout the guy on the the left lane went a little in my lane causing me to brake. We both got off the same exit and I did a cheeky boot from the 1 litre getting in front of him and indicating in his lane 😂

I don't like one of the brake lights going faulty. Good thing is it's still on warranty so might ask autobeam for a refund for it to put towards getting the performance brake lights. Perfect time to upgrade. 

DSC_0276.JPG

DSC_0277.JPG

Just wondering whether to get it from eBay or their website. Their eBay account you save £6 as there's no tax added and its free delivery funnily. Only thing is I don't think you get warranty via their eBay. @Zico what do you think 🤔 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I don't like one of the brake lights going faulty. Good thing is it's still on warranty so might ask autobeam for a refund for it to put towards getting the performance brake lights. Perfect time to upgrade. 

Bright idea 😬

Osram also do LED stop/tail bulbs now too come with six year warranty 

🐣🐤🐥cheap cheap on Amazon 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Bright idea 😬

Osram also do LED stop/tail bulbs now too come with six year warranty 

I don't think osram bulbs beat the autobeam performance range. Might see though however I have my eyes set on these 👀. Just now got an email from autobeam saying they can refund the money from the bulbs to put towards the cost of these one. I got it to around £28 with a discount code on their website. £3 more compared to getting it from their eBay shop but you do get a 5 year warranty 🤷‍♂️ t. They'd refund me around £12 for the old bulbs

Screenshot_20190705-230845.png

13 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, at least you know the horn works! :laugh: 

The sad reality is that the majority of drivers making these sort of manoeuvres don't even understand what they've done wrong hence no acknowledgement...  If you question them on it, the response is always "you must've been going too fast". :rolleyes:  I'm also noticing a lot of drivers with headphones on which have got no chance of hearing a horn (or emergency services siren).  As far as I know it's not illegal, but I can't see how it's safe...needless to say the reason I notice them is because of their lack of observations...

I've seen plenty of people with earphones in over the last year or so, most of them are either on bikes, motorbikes (though harder to tell as the earphones are under the helmet but you can often see the cables dangly out when you're stopped at a junction/lights. I'm sure that if someone was involved in an accident and they were found to have earphones/headphones on listening to music that it would go someway to being possible 'driving without due care' as an offence.

13 hours ago, TimST2 said:

It looked to me like he was deliberately trying to stop you overtaking.

I'd like to think that it wasn't intentional, but shear stupidity as they hadn't looked left or checked their mirrors. If I were wanting to undercut them, it would have been pretty pointless as a few hundred metres up (after the merge) I turn right at the traffic signals which often means traffic going straight ahead past you as your queuing to turn right.

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Zico if that was me I'd probably have done the same where you booted it close to them. Makes them hopeful get some sense. I remember when I had my pug I was on the right lane and when entering the roundabout the guy on the the left lane went a little in my lane causing me to brake. We both got off the same exit and I did a cheeky boot from the 1 litre getting in front of him and indicating in his lane 😂

Just after the video cuts off there is a traffic signal junction where I turn right. After everything at the roundabout, the Merc continued to use the right turn lane before cutting left back into the straight on lane :wallbash:.

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

Just wondering whether to get it from ebay or their website. Their ebay account you save £6 as there's no tax added and its free delivery funnily. Only thing is I don't think you get warranty via their eBay. @Zico what do you think 🤔 

If you can get the extra warranty for a few quid more then I would go direct rather then eBay. Though as @Lenny has mentioned, OSRAM do good LED Bulbs which might be an alternative if you're pondering how long you'll have the Fiesta for and don't want to spend £££ for bulbs that you probably won't be able to swap out to a new car later.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zain611 said:

I don't think osram bulbs beat the autobeam performance range. Might see though however I have my eyes set on these 👀. Just now got an email from autobeam saying they can refund the money from the bulbs to put towards the cost of these one. I got it to around £28 with a discount code on their website. £3 more compared to getting it from their ebay shop but you do get a 5 year warranty 🤷‍♂️ t. They'd refund me around £12 for the old bulbs. 

Screenshot_20190705-230845.png

If buying from the Autobeam shop on eBay, you'll still get the 5 year warranty.  Personally I'd take the refund, fit some cheap standard bulbs and wait for the next eBay discount day and buy them then instead.

• Like 1

Put an ad on Gumtree this morning for our Honda CRV. Almost immediately got an offer for 25% less than the advertised price. I'm all for haggling but 25% within an hour of the ad going on? Err no :laughing:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Put an ad on Gumtree this morning for our Honda CRV. Almost immediately got an offer for 25% less than the advertised price. I'm all for haggling but 25% within an hour of the ad going on? Err no :laughing:

That's the way with Gumtree, you have to artificially inflate the price to compensate...

I had several offers of £3000 for the Mk3 Focus last year when even trade in was valued at £5500. :rolleyes:  Facebook Marketplace is just as bad nowadays!  

If you want to avoid he silly offers it seems you've got to pay for Autotrader and use a phone contact only... 

That's the way with Gumtree, you have to artificially inflate the price to compensate...

I had several offers of £3000 for the Mk3 Focus last year when even trade in was valued at £5500. rolleyes.gif  Facebook Marketplace is just as bad nowadays!  

If you want to avoid he silly offers it seems you've got to pay for Autotrader and use a phone contact only... 

Yeah, I was going to use autotrader but decided to try and avoid the extortionate fees. My ad for the Lotus was £12 for 30 days on PistonHeads but Autotrader want 3 times that for half the duration!

45 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If buying from the Autobeam shop on ebay, you'll still get the 5 year warranty.  Personally I'd take the refund, fit some cheap standard bulbs and wait for the next ebay discount day and buy them then instead.

Yeah your right it does mention the warranty on the eBay add. Might get it from there then. I did message them to be sure that's true and a bit cheeky of me. On eBay they don't add tax and delivery on the price like their website. It's free delivery from eBay and from autobeam themselves 😂. So I'd save around £6 getting it from eBay. Might go ahead and say to them to them to refund the money for the current bulbs and I put the money towards the performance brake lights via their eBay account. 

• Like 1

@Zico I really hate people who do that. Sometimes I put my foot down when I'm in the front of the lights at those junctions if I get a feeling the person on the right is planning to do that. What bothers me is these people who do this have such nice cars but lack a brain to drive it nicely. Wish the government could put cameras there and catching people who do it. Surposedly make the traffic light on the right stay red and the one on the left go green for people on the left to go straight. If the person on the right wants to go straight and cut in they technically will jump a red light. 

• Like 1

I don't like not being able to change text size in a fillable PDF on Acrobat without paying for the full version...is there any way around this?? @alexp999 maybe?

I don't like not being able to change text size in a fillable PDF on Acrobat without paying for the full version...is there any way around this?? [mention=17010]alexp999[/mention] maybe?
Have you tried free software like Open Office?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

Have you tried free software like Open Office?

I use Openoffice writer & calc, I don't think there's a PDF editor is there?

40 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I thought there used to be.
Try here?-
https://www.pdfescape.com/windows/

Thanks Clive.  Turns out that's the same as Acrobat though, have to pay for some features, including text size lol.  

That's a pain.
Have you tried exporting as a Word document, editing and resaving it as a PDF again?

I have PDF editing and exporting through my work account if I can help in any way.
I could export your pdf, send you the word docx file for you to edit and then write it back to PDF if necesssry.

I don't like that I've found myself becoming too tied to the internet and the sofa when it came to ordering an LED light bar which has ended up costing me a minimum of 9.00 GBP 😂

This is embarrassing but I'll post it on here anyway; perhaps some can relate, 

Well I've post a thread here expanding my reasoning for purchasing a light bar for a friends Toyota yaris and all that good stuff here:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/109160-h4-led-upgrade-advice-please/

Then when purchasing and deciding the size I didn't bother getting off the sofa to measure the width of a registration plate 😬

Instead I got lazy and navigated online to the listing for the light bar reg plate bracket 👨‍💻 and looked at its width then assumed it was the same width as the full width of a standard registration plate, 

9240685_41K7IRsh6L.jpg.c3165acfdaa897b4011e55e2c85b3589.jpg

The bracket width is 37cm as saw in image above; so I assumed the width of a uk reg plate must also be 37cm 🤷‍♂️ which is 14.567inches 

So I ordered a 15" LED 216w light bar to fit underneath the registration plate for 35.99GBP 

The light bar arrived today from Amazon 

20190708_101059.thumb.jpg.779a73bdb04c8261001675edb024916d.jpg

It is very impressive 😯 but it's a bit small, at this point; I still didn't go outside and meassure the width of a reg plate 🤦‍♂️ Instead I fetched the measuring tape and checked the width of the light bar and it is exactly 15" 

I then finally went outside the front door and held it next to the rear registration plate of my focus where it became apparent that the light bar was somewhat slimmer in width compared to the registration plate, 

It turns out the width of a registration plate is 520mm or 20.472 inches 

Now although the illumination output from this 15" bar is more than sufficient at 216W and it has a 7D lens to spread light better; its going to look a bit small fitted in the centre of the registration plate at the bottom of my mates Toyota yaris 

iMarkup_20190707_200345.jpg.d714dfdbf3fc84b2398feffc39c88323.thumb.jpg.1448b83b532981453339a0b5951565b9.jpg

amazon accept returns but they want 9.00 GBP from me to ship it back; which in my opinion is a fine for me not getting up off my A and measuring before purchasing 🤦‍♂️

I've since purchased a wider 20" unit for 46.99GBP which will almost match the width of the registration plate and is a bit brighter at 288W LED with the same 7D lens for better spread on the road. 

Overall to summarise the story; I have shocked myself at how tied to Google and the internet I have become to the point where I proceeded with purchase of somthing without getting out there and measuring the thing first 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:06 PM, Stoney871 said:

That's a pain.
Have you tried exporting as a Word document, editing and resaving it as a PDF again?

Hmm...I tried reducing the font size and copying that into the PDF...it didn't work lol.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:11 PM, Stoney871 said:

I have PDF editing and exporting through my work account if I can help in any way.
I could export your pdf, send you the word docx file for you to edit and then write it back to PDF if necesssry.

Thanks for the offer but I've just put the extra text onto a separate sheet of paper instead.  It's a PDF that I've got to print and post rather than send electronically so hopefully that's fine... :smile: 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club