Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

7 hours ago, Lenny said:

Had it got a sunroof you could have reached out through it 🤭

Panoramic non-opening glass roof. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Panoramic non-opening glass roof. 

Nice, reminds me of the ford jeeps in the first Jurassic park movie back in the mid 90's 

23 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like whatever paranormal activity is going on here today...

First completly lost a radio station I've had no trouble with until today.  Then the Xbox switched itself on.  Then the radio switched itself on.  Then during dinner the TV lost all Freeview signal twice before coming back to normal.  And just now the kitchen strip light went off for about 20 seconds...I wasn't quick enough to see if all the electric had gone off, but the radio continued playing during that time (mains powered but may have a cap?) and the oven clock didn't reset either.  WTF is going on here!? 😮

Ok so this just happened again at exactly the same time! :unsure: 

It's like someone's shielding the aerial for a couple of minutes, once at 6.50pm, then again at 6.55pm.  Any ideas as I can't understand it at all!

We have a shared roof mounted aerial for 4 flats...but ones empty and I'm fairly certain one doesn't own own a TV.  The other uses Sky...as I can hear a slight delay through the wall when we're watching the same program lol.  So although it's technically shared I'm the probably the only one using it.

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ok so this just happened again at exactly the same time! :unsure: 

It's like someone's shielding the aerial for a couple of minutes, once at 6.50pm, then again at 6.55pm.  Any ideas as I can't understand it at all!

We have a shared roof mounted aerial for 4 flats...but ones empty and I'm fairly certain one doesn't own own a TV.  The other uses Sky...as I can hear a slight delay through the wall when we're watching the same program lol.  So although it's technically shared I'm the probably the only one using it.

Have you got an atmospheric temperature inversion ? Lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iantt said:

Oh...I searched yesterday and couldn't find anyone else having issues! :laugh:

Guess it is just the weather then...very odd that it's exactly the same time...although of course it might not be working during the 20 hours a day I'm not watching it lol. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't like realising NYE 1999 was 20 years ago today... 😮

Remember my Dad telling me how lucky I was to see a Millennium as not many people do, was forced to stay up to midnight that night.  Although of course I've since realised there were also about 6,000,000,000 other people on the planet at the time. :laugh:And that we only started counting again because someone was born who may or may not have been the son of God...so actually the year numbers are meaningless to some of us anyway! :lol:

• Like 2

So you staying up to midnight tonight to wish yourself a happy new year? Lol

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, iantt said:

So you staying up to midnight tonight to wish yourself a happy new year? Lol

Lol...not sure about happy 2020, more good riddance to 2019!! :laugh:  I wasn't going to stay up this year but probably will...it'll give me something to moan about tomorrow! :lol:

You got any plans for NYE?

Nope, staying in , probably watch some rubbish on TV. Have a drink as normal, then bed at 10pm. Lol woohoo!!! Such an exciting life I lead too. 

My 2019 wasn't to bad to be fair so same again for 2020 please unless of course I win the lottery. 

• Like 2

Actually it could be a disastrous 2020 if I'm not carefull, I'm apparently having a "mid life crisis" because I want another motorbike at the age of 55 . I thought mid life was 40's .lol 

So I could end up in a hedge , embedded in a car, or in a box 6ft under. 

Has been a number of years since I owned a bike. Thinking, it must be around 2004/5 I sold my last bike. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, iantt said:

Actually it could be a disastrous 2020 if I'm not carefull, I'm apparently having a "mid life crisis" because I want another motorbike at the age of 55 . I thought mid life was 40's .lol 

So I could end up in a hedge , embedded in a car, or in a box 6ft under. 

Has been a number of years since I owned a bike. Thinking, it must be around 2004/5 I sold my last bike. 

Well with everyone living longer 55 might be midlife now! :laugh:

I'm sure bikes must be safer now anyway...they have seatbelts and airbags these days right? :wink:

• Like 2

It's all the other idiots on the road now though. 

My days of 160 mph on 2 wheels are over now. Something a bit slower and more comfortable now. 

PPxyjQhg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Well with everyone living longer 55 might be midlife now! 

Nah, I'm still in middle age, 55 is young now😀. You should see the guys at the bikers gathering up the Dales where we have our caravan - when the helmets come off they've all got grey hair - well, the ones that have  hair anyway!

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm sure bikes must be safer now anyway...they have seatbelts and airbags these days right? :wink:

Errr, no. I'd quite like another bike myself but I don't fancy getting any more bodywork damage than I already have. Plus I'm pretty sure the Mrs would kill me!

Best wishes for the New Year to all the "don't likers"!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Nah, I'm still in middle age, 55 is young now😀. You should see the guys at the bikers gathering up the Dales where we have our caravan - when the helmets come off they've all got grey hair - well, the ones that have  hair anyway!

Errr, no. I'd quite like another bike myself but I don't fancy getting any more bodywork damage than I already have. Plus I'm pretty sure the Mrs would kill me!

Best wishes for the New Year to all the "don't likers"!

Grow a pair !! I'm not having my partner tell me what can and can't do. I certainly wouldn't tell her what she can or can't do. I'm not that brave!!!!  😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, iantt said:

Grow a pair !! I'm not having my partner tell me what can and can't do. I certainly wouldn't tell her what she can or can't do. I'm not that brave!!!!  😂😂😂😂😂

I'm definitely the boss in our house, and I have the Mrs's permission to say so! 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On vodafone PAYG but i keep missing calls if my phone is off which i do on the night and there important ones.

I used to have an item that when I turn phone on it comes up what calls have rung but don't know how to activate it.

9 hours ago, jace1969 said:

On vodafone PAYG but i keep missing calls if my phone is off which i do on the night and there important ones.

I used to have an item that when I turn phone on it comes up what calls have rung but don't know how to activate it.

O2 have an option that sends you a text when you've missed a call (no signal or off etc.).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zico said:

O2 have an option that sends you a text when you've missed a call (no signal or off etc.).

But if you don't have a signal....... 🤔

14 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Why don't you set your phone to silent etc? It'll still receive the call and register as a missed call when you check your phone in the morning. 

• Like 1

I didn't know anyone switched phones off these days...takes about half an hour for a Smartphone to restart.  Ain't nobody got time for that! :laugh:

As above though, just put it on silent or maybe 'do not disturb' instead?  

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

But if you don't have a signal....... 🤔

When you get a signal to get the text :wink3:.

The other option for @jace1969 could use if no signal would be Wi-Fi calling if it's an option on the phone and through Vodafone.

I don't like a filthy Fiesta with an unreadable rear plate overtaking me and another car tonight nearly causing an accident in both cases!!  I do have dash cam footage but I left it in the car and I'm too cosy in the house to go out and get it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club