Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Yeah I'm planning on covering the areas up 馃憤.聽

No matter how careful you are, sand will get in places! That's why it so good for stripping paint etc, because it gets everywhere!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

No matter how careful you are, sand will get in places! That's why it so good for stripping paint etc, because it gets everywhere!

True! You been to the beach? 馃槻馃槃

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

I think that rules out all Fords then....

Trust me none can be as bad as the B6 Passat!

@jmurray01 is it the job or the lockdown that's getting to you? It's affecting a lot of folk, not that that will make you feel better, including my 82 year old mum.

Re your car, I've just spent 3-400 on the Focus getting the rear springs etc replaced, probably looking at getting a replacement for it this year.聽

聽I suppose you just have to figure out when to stop throwing good money after bad. Hopefully you can find some more affordable parts, seems a shame to scrap a decent car for such a small bit.聽

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Turvey said:

@jmurray01 is it the job or the lockdown that's getting to you? It's affecting a lot of folk, not that that will make you feel better, including my 82 year old mum.

Re your car, I've just spent 3-400 on the Focus getting the rear springs etc replaced, probably looking at getting a replacement for it this year.聽

聽I suppose you just have to figure out when to stop throwing good money after bad. Hopefully you can find some more affordable parts, seems a shame to scrap a decent car for such a small bit.聽

It's the job, they basically expect us to pick up work for all other departments with little or no training and immediately hit us with demands of unachievable targets.聽 Today was just breaking point for me so we'll see what the doc says tomorrow, but I can't afford to be signed off so I'm not left with much choice.

I know, you would think caliper(s) are small parts and you CAN buy cheaper replacements, but according to those who work on B6s on the VW forum they are a waste of time and break after 2-3 years so you need authentic parts which cost 拢300 a piece...聽 I guess I could go for cheap replacements and hope I get 2-3 years out of the car as a whole before they break again, but chances are I'd do that (which would still set me back at least 拢300 for a pair) and then something else would go like the oil pump which is prone to failure in the BKP engines.聽

Naughty van driver I caught overtaking and going on the wrong side of an island just to get stuck at the traffic lights further ahead.聽

Should I report or not?聽

Screenshot_20200512-193610.png

@zain611 - Friday evening last week I took a friend's laptop back after fixing the screen. I had left my house and was no more than 2 minutes up the road when a taxi decided that the 30mph limit was not for them and overtook me just before a belisha beacon crossing. Unfortunately they did so 30 seconds too soon otherwise they would have been head on in view of the police car that came the other way a few hundred meters further up the road.

I did consider flashing the police car and letting them know but I thought that it would probably end up putting more focus on me than the taxi driver.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zico said:

@zain611 - Friday evening last week I took a friend's laptop back after fixing the screen. I had left my house and was no more than 2 minutes up the road when a taxi decided that the 30mph limit was not for them and overtook me just before a belisha beacon crossing. Unfortunately they did so 30 seconds too soon otherwise they would have been head on in view of the police car that came the other way a few hundred meters further up the road.

I did consider flashing the police car and letting them know but I thought that it would probably end up putting more focus on me than the taxi driver.

With the roads being a little quieter there are a few idiots about putting their foot down. I'll be honest I do like booting it but only if there is no other car around me. Sometimes people behind you decide to copy you when you put your foot down in front of them聽

• Like 1

Any standard of driving had completely gone when I went shopping on Monday...no-one seems to have any idea what they're doing in a car any more.聽 Indicating the wrong way, in the wrong lane, completely cutting off blind corners etc, and it seems roundabouts are just a free-for-all now! :laugh:聽 Of course the worst part is they must all be local!!聽 I'd usually give people the benefit of the doubt of not knowing the area...

I'm not sure whether I like the idea of driving to open spaces even now we're allowed to. :unsure:聽 That's pretty much the main restriction on my life lifted now.聽 I never went to cafes or non-essential shops anyway, but I did used to drive to the river or the seaside once a week for a socially distant walk.聽 I definitely won't risk it today as I'm sure places will be heaving and there'll be loads of RTCs.聽 Tempted to give it a go on Friday though...depending on news reports over today and tomorrow!

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Any standard of driving had completely gone when I went shopping on Monday...no-one seems to have any idea what they're doing in a car any more.

I think that is actually true, I think my driving has been affected by being at home all week then only going shopping once a week,
Most are sat at home looking at screens all day, then after a week they have to drive and focus on things a lot further out and aren't used to it.

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm not sure whether I like the idea of driving to open spaces even now we're allowed to. :unsure:聽 That's pretty much the main restriction on my life lifted now.聽 I never went to cafes or non-essential shops anyway, but I did used to drive to the river or the seaside once a week for a socially distant walk.聽 I definitely won't risk it today as I'm sure places will be heaving and there'll be loads of RTCs.聽 Tempted to give it a go on Friday though...depending on news reports over today and tomorrow!

Kind of the same, I love going for walks with my girlfriend and camera, but I'm not living with my girlfriend and she has a vulnerable son,
So I'll be going out on my own, hopefully soon I聽just need to find the right spots for parking etc.
People are in for a shock when they find out聽'travel for exercise' didn't mean 'take the kids聽to the coast for an ice-cream' (apparently that's confusing)
Everywhere will be locked down and there will be no public toilets,聽car parks,聽cafes or pubs, I usually take all my own food and drink anyway and avoid people lol.

• Like 1

luckily its still quiet on my drive to work, and then when i get there its deffo quiet. plenty of train spotting to be had as per my earlier photo.聽

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iantt said:

luckily its still quiet on my drive to work, and then when i get there its deffo quiet. plenty of train spotting to be had as per my earlier photo.聽

Speaking of train spotting; well more the movie type of train spotting;

I watched a documentary on Netflix yesterday called "Have a good trip adventures in psychedelics"聽

https://www.netflix.com/title/80231917?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

Ive not done anything like it in my life; just alcohol,

Says there not atall addictive 馃槀 got me really interested; I'm sure theres alot of people seeking a climate change during the current pandemic.聽

• Like 1

It does seem a lot of people currently believe giving way to the right at roundabouts no longer applies to them.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

It does seem a lot of people currently believe giving way to the right at roundabouts no longer applies to them.

I know wont you mean聽馃憤

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I almost got hit in the side thismorning by a Volkswagen caddy whom came straight out at me while I was on the roundabout, he was right beside me on a single lane roundabout absolute Richard Head聽

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

I almost got hit in the side thismorning by a Volkswagen caddy whom came straight out at me while I was on the roundabout, he was right beside me on a single lane roundabout absolute Richard Head聽

Yup had the same from a Nissan Qashquai POS on a mini roundabout near me.

I don鈥檛 like still not receiving a store credit refund from Autobeam. When I do I want to buy some full beam lights as they鈥檙e only crappy halogens (only the low beam are Xenon!) are these the right ones?聽

https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/focus-mk3-0-2011-2013/products/led-h1

I don't like that my laptop has an intermittent charger connection issue (flashes on and off) for about 10 minutes before it finally decides to charge constantly...聽 It does seem to be getting gradually worse though so hoping it's just the charger and not the laptop itself :ohmy:

13 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I don鈥檛 like still not receiving a store credit refund from Autobeam. When I do I want to buy some full beam lights as they鈥檙e only crappy halogens (only the low beam are Xenon!) are these the right ones?聽

拢50 for a pair of H1s?聽 Do you use full beams enough to make that worthwhile? :unsure:聽 The problem with xenons is their warm up time, they're useless for flashing, hence being left as halogen for full beam.聽

I must admit, I found the Mk3 full beams more than adequate with Halogens.聽 The high beams on the Golf are horrendous but I just don't use them enough to upgrade, especially as they're silly expensive H15s! 馃槷

• Like 1

I don't like using a specific screen wipe to clean my laptop screen...聽 Think I'd have done a better job wiping Vaseline over it! :rolleyes:聽 What do you guys use?聽 I've got some vinegar window cleaner but not sure if that's a bad idea!聽 It's a soft LCD screen, not like a phone screen.

15 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Ordered the exact same bulbs except for the dipped beam for my new devil eye headlights. They were 拢65 with delivery and tax added however I knocked off 拢5 with a discount. High beam why not just get a halogen bulb with the blue casing on it? Have to admit that blue casing does help it give a whiter light. I think the high beam on mine is H1 also but probably might not bother spending another 拢60 on LED Bulbs as how often do you use the high beam.聽

Screenshot_20200515-234026.png

Screenshot_20200514-151239.png

• Like 2

Yeah good point, will probably just leave it tbh.

• Like 1

What is it with lockdown protesters?
The term Stupid just doesn't quite cover it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

What is it with lockdown protesters?
The term Stupid just doesn't quite cover it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

馃憤
  • Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club