Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, The Finance Guy said:

Bread mould isn’t usually white or powdery. 

It’s probably cocaine. 

Send it down to me then Tom!! :laugh:

• Haha 2

I don't like getting a parking charge notice today. Went to a gp surgery and parked in the car park. Was in the car whilst mum went into the pharmacy to get medicine for my grandad. 

Looking to see if I could get letten off. 

• Sad 1

I don't like that they charge £26.50 for this part when a new complete one not genuine but still 12 months warranty is £40 so had the £40 one.

I aint put what it is from but does anyone have a clue and i was shocked the price.

20200520_134204.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

I don't like getting a parking charge notice today. Went to a gp surgery and parked in the car park. Was in the car whilst mum went into the pharmacy to get medicine for my grandad. 

Looking to see if I could get letten off. 

That is a bit off. Most places up here have waived their parking charges because of Covid including city centre public parking places. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tizer said:

That is a bit off. Most places up here have waived their parking charges because of Covid including city centre public parking places. 

Thing is I've been in the car park before. I also went again I believe not long after this time so hoping I don't get another letter 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Thing is I've been in the car park before. I also went again I believe not long after this time so hoping I don't get another letter 

I bet the car park was almost empty because anyone who does need to visit a surgery instead of doing things virtually  just now is there for a very good reason. I don't see how they can morally justify charging for a near empty car park in the current situation.

• Like 1

If it's a car park on private land then all bets are off.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't like that they charge £26.50 for this part when a new complete one not genuine but still 12 months warranty is £40 so had the £40 one.
I aint put what it is from but does anyone have a clue and i was shocked the price.

20200520_134204.thumb.jpg.f73363073410c9e169b2f6706bdf1afe.jpg
Wtf is it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tizer said:

I bet the car park was almost empty because anyone who does need to visit a surgery instead of doing things virtually  just now is there for a very good reason. I don't see how they can morally justify charging for a near empty car park in the current situation.

It wasn't that busy I'd say I'm sure the sign says 2 hours free parking for patients which mum probably could have been classed as she went in to get medication and inhalors for my grandad. Come to think of it I think another local pharmacy delivered to him. 

57 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

If it's a car park on private land then all bets are off.

The funny thing is I didn't know euro car parts had they thing in this parking fine stuff as they were on the letter 😂. Just waiting to see what happens. Gave a picture of my hospital volunteers ID and said I as a volunteer went here for this and that for my grandad who is shielding from this virus and that I did not leave my car unattended as I thought that would be the main thing. 

Hopefully tomorrow my ppf will arrive and I can get started with the new headlights. Thought it would arrive today but guess not. Been a bit of a stressful day even though I've been at home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jace1969 said:

20200520_134204.jpg

Looks like a chain link?

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

It wasn't that busy I'd say I'm sure the sign says 2 hours free parking for patients which mum probably could have been classed as she went in to get medication and inhalors for my grandad. Come to think of it I think another local pharmacy delivered to him. 

The funny thing is I didn't know euro car parts had they thing in this parking fine stuff as they were on the letter 😂. Just waiting to see what happens. Gave a picture of my hospital volunteers ID and said I as a volunteer went here for this and that for my grandad who is shielding from this virus and that I did not leave my car unattended as I thought that would be the main thing. 

Hopefully tomorrow my ppf will arrive and I can get started with the new headlights. Thought it would arrive today but guess not. Been a bit of a stressful day even though I've been at home.

Did you give a picture of your ID to Euro Car Parts?

Definitely take it up with them, they should have the parking invoice cancelled. Imagine the publicity for a well known company from slapping an extortionate parking notice on a volunteer worker during a pandemic.

P.S: it's not a fine. It's a parking invoice. Only councils and police have the authority to issue fines.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Looks like a chain link?

As its don't like not a 'Guess what it is' i will tell you,this is the inside of a heated seat switch for pre-facelift,you will see you true picture how big it is below on the pictures.

The picture of the part it bends but when you try and straiten it even very slow snaps as in the first picture and your seat is always on as i found the passenger one was.

The part is as big as your finger nail.

20200518_121411.jpg

20200518_121501.jpg

20200520_134204.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Incontro said:

Not sure if Zain was joking or needs to put his specs on but it'll be Euro Car Parks, not Euro Car Parts! :laugh: 

I had a fine from them myself back in 2014.  They just use ANPR to pick up the plate on the way in and out of the car park.  Individual businesses should pass your reg to them to validate the parking, either automatically (in my case I was at a chain garage so they needed reg) or by putting your own reg in when you enter.  Alternatively if you're allowed 2 hours free the system should be able to work that out.

@zain611 You should really find out what system they use.  You may find that your Mum should've put your reg into a tablet on the wall of the surgery when she went in.  It doesn't matter if you're in the car or not as it's all done by camera instead of an actual person walking round.

• Haha 1

I don't like that it's 30c or higher in my flat this morning. 
No wonder I feel groggy and have a headache brewing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Incontro said:

Definitely take it up with them, they should have the parking invoice cancelled. Imagine the publicity for a well known company from slapping an extortionate parking notice on a volunteer worker during a pandemic.

P.S: it's not a fine. It's a parking invoice. Only councils and police have the authority to issue fines.

Yep I sent a picture of my ID though only thing is this is for my voluntary work in a hospital local not this surgery. Just have to see what happens and I'm a little nervous as I went again a few days after that time so I hope I don't get another letter. The thing is I've been there before and never got anything. 

Just now, zain611 said:

Yep I sent a picture of my ID though only thing is this is for my voluntary work in a hospital local not this surgery. Just have to see what happens and I'm a little nervous as I went again a few days after that time so I hope I don't get another letter. The thing is I've been there before and never got anything. 

See how it goes, if you don't get a positive outcome from them, then time to draft an email to the executive office/CEO of Euro Car Parts me thinks. The heads of such companies will often cancel parking invoices if you contact them and ask nicely, they don't want excess negative attention.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Not sure if Zain was joking or needs to put his specs on but it'll be Euro Car Parks, not Euro Car Parts! :laugh: 

I had a fine from them myself back in 2014.  They just use ANPR to pick up the plate on the way in and out of the car park.  Individual businesses should pass your reg to them to validate the parking, either automatically (in my case I was at a chain garage so they needed reg) or by putting your own reg in when you enter.  Alternatively if you're allowed 2 hours free the system should be able to work that out.

@zain611 You should really find out what system they use.  You may find that your Mum should've put your reg into a tablet on the wall of the surgery when she went in.  It doesn't matter if you're in the car or not as it's all done by camera instead of an actual person walking round.

I think it was a camera as it had a picture of my plate downwards. Yeah I think it had that system of putting the reg in a tablet in the surgery though I've been here before and never got any letter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like that it's 30c or higher in my flat this morning. 
No wonder I feel groggy and have a headache brewing.

This heat is pretty disgusting tbh!  Yesterdays forecast said it'd be cloudy with thunderstorms here today...yet there's not a cloud in the sky at the moment! :g:

Hopefully we won't have too much of this, I might look into getting a portable AC unit if we do!

I daren't even open the French doors in case some corona floats in from a neighbours open door! :rolleyes: 

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

This heat is pretty disgusting tbh!  Yesterdays forecast said it'd be cloudy with thunderstorms here today...yet there's not a cloud in the sky at the moment! :g:

Hopefully we won't have too much of this, I might look into getting a portable AC unit if we do!

Just ordered one Tom. £300 and arriving tonight. My flat is like a sauna during summer so even when its cooler outside, it's still well over 22c in here. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

Just ordered one Tom. £300 and arriving tonight. My flat is like a sauna during summer so even when its cooler outside, it's still well over 22c in here. 

You'll have to let us know how effective it is once you've got it! :biggrin:  I'll wait and see where I end up moving before buying one I think.

Someone tell me how long it takes for a parcel2go package to arrive? I believe yesterday it said its in transit so I'm hoping it comes today. Waited since Saturday and surprised how long it's taking 😒. Just want to ppf the new headlights and instal them. 

Parcel2go are just a comparison site, do you know which courier it's with?  Probably with MyHermes if it's taking so long!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Parcel2go are just a comparison site, do you know which courier it's with?  Probably with MyHermes if it's taking so long!

I'm not sure as dad has the tracking number and he's out today 😂. I think he did say though estimated delivery is on Monday. Haven't seen anything turn up today so just gonna look tomorrow. 

• Sad 1

I don't like finding out today that I'll be off work for a few weeks yet! 😞

The 12 week isolation thing ends on June 12th but my employer, local council, are awaiting government guidance as to what to do with folk like me. I was diagnosed with MS about 9 years ago, but not had a relapse since 🤞 I'm on full basic pay and I realise that there are folk a LOT worse off than me both physically and financially but it's still a pain in the ***** hanging about the house all day. I think I'm quite rare, in our council anyway, to actually enjoy my job and am missing being out and about. 

Ah well, beer it is then 🙄😏😄🍺🍺

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like finding out today that I'll be off work for a few weeks yet! 😞

The 12 week isolation thing ends on June 12th but my employer, local council, are awaiting government guidance as to what to do with folk like me. I was diagnosed with MS about 9 years ago, but not had a relapse since 🤞 I'm on full basic pay and I realise that there are folk a LOT worse off than me both physically and financially but it's still a pain in the ***** hanging about the house all day. I think I'm quite rare, in our council anyway, to actually enjoy my job and am missing being out and about. 

Ah well, beer it is then 🙄😏😄🍺🍺

My great Aunt is part of the shielding group...every time I hear from her she tells me how many days are left on shielding as if she can go out and frolick in the sunshine on the end date. 🤦‍♂️

I've tried hinting that it's not quite that simple but she won't have it.  In all honesty I don't expect her to outlive Corona even if she doesn't catch it.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club