Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

1 hour ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Those women in TOWIE who think they look good with those pumped up lips 馃檪

Don't they do it for function more than appearance; helps maintain a good seal for 馃槹eh keeping secrets

10 hours ago, BigLen said:

Don't they do it for function more than appearance; helps maintain a good seal for 馃槹eh keeping secrets

Haha yes I agree, also handy for their husbands, they can stick them to the supermarket window when they go to the shops 馃檪

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I blame Ford for starting that聽trend with these...

Ford Fiesta Red and Black Editions first drive review | Autocar

The minstrel edition

• Like 1

I don't like opening up the bit of beef for cooking for the Christmas dinner and finding out it's off! 馃ぎ

Just turkey and chipolatas it is then 馃檮

1 minute ago, Turvey said:

I don't like opening up the bit of beef for cooking for the Christmas dinner and finding out it's off! 馃ぎ

Oh dear, just hope its defrosted in time聽

Have a guddun mate 馃憤

26 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Oh dear, just hope its defrosted in time聽

Have a guddun mate 馃憤

Turkey is defrosted and smells fresh 馃憤 found an emergency bit of beef in the freezer, defrosting it now 馃 dinner will be a bit later than scheduled but that's not a big problem.

Cheers, all the best to you and yours 馃嵒

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

We had chicken last year that was off Xmas morning. Meat that Xmas consisted of 3 pigs in blankets each. 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, iantt said:

We had chicken last year that was off Xmas morning. Meat that Xmas consisted of 3 pigs in blankets each. 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

You thought you had it bad!

It was roadkill for us again this year,聽 hardest part was convincing the wife that this was a special kind of turkey bred with 4 legs, and came already on a skewer with a fluffy handle

You thought you had it bad!

It was roadkill for us again this year,聽 hardest part was convincing the wife that this was a special kind of turkey bred with 4 legs, and came already on a skewer with a fluffy handle

You been watching to much Monty python!!馃槀

Kaledeidoscope? Back in our day all we had was a puddle and our imagination.聽

On 12/22/2020 at 9:40 AM, BigLen said:

Had my windscreen replaced two weeks ago;聽

The day after replacement; I realized it was leaking at the top; contacted the insurance they said the guy would be back in six days; had to call again and he is supposed to arrive today.

Here it was on my social distancing lunch break in work last night; while watching the TV; I felt a bit like Bear Grylls in the Amazon with the rain coming through;聽

It's a significant flow.

I don't like the issue with my leaking replacement windscreen still hasn't been fixed,聽

its still leaking;聽

we contacted the insurance before Christmas and the guy was supposed to come back today; I've stripped out the sun visors and roof lining to reveal the bare roof and windscreen joint line,聽

the roof lining and panels are now in the bedroom of the house,聽

the windscreen is leaking in the Centre and all along the passenger seat around 15" inches of a complete gap where rain latterly pours in from the roof,聽

the car stinks like rotten socks and the seats are soaking,聽

absolute disaster,聽

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, BigLen said:

I don't like the issue with my leaking replacement windscreen still hasn't been fixed,聽

its still leaking;聽

we contacted the insurance before Christmas and the guy was supposed to come back today; I've stripped out the sun visors and roof lining to reveal the bare roof and windscreen joint line,聽

the roof lining and panels are now in the bedroom of the house,聽

the windscreen is leaking in the Centre and all along the passenger seat around 15" inches of a complete gap where rain latterly pours in from the roof,聽

the car stinks like rotten socks and the seats are soaking,聽

absolute disaster,聽

Oh no, that sounds horrendous!!

I guess full compensation will be awarded to put right the faulty workmanship, and damage.

Maybe sort a quote out by an independent and take plenty of photos in readiness for possible small claims court (if required)

Good luck, hope you get it sorted

1 minute ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Oh no, that sounds horrendous!!

I guess full compensation will be awarded to put right the faulty workmanship.

Maybe sort a quote out by an independent and take plenty of photos in readiness for possible small claims court (if required)

Good luck, hope you get it sorted

thanks,聽

there not even offering a valet, its a 2010 focus, I've put a huge amount of money 12k in to it over the first five years of its life google "full list of lennys guides" thats the focus, also put 4k in pioneer headunit two JL Audio amps and two sets of C3 650 plus 10" sub, 10" roof mount monitor the lot.聽

i fear now if i tell them there's stains on the roof lining and the carpet has shrunk due to the rain pouring in and the 12v socket fuse in the Centre has blown due to the rain that they may declare it a right off as the cost to fix would outweigh the value of the vehicle on there books.聽

I didn't like the day I've had with my car,

a) Parked a few doors down street, some euro trash that lives there threw food out their window onto my roof.
So that needed wiping off, ended up doing聽a hand wash on all the back end with a detailing spray.

b) Might have got clocked by a sly Police Camera Van turning on a bend聽at 37/38mph (indicated),
It over reads by 3mph so fingers crossed 34/35mph actual doesn't get any attention,
sods law I never plugged my dashcam in on that one part of my day.

c) The other day I pulled a screw out of my rear tyre,
Wasn't leaking any air but the next day the Pressure Warning light came on,
Went around the tyres today and it was the front聽tyre that was about 4聽psi off,
Pumped them all up to 35psi and reset sensor, hoping that screw didn't knacker the front before it got stuck in the back

d) Lost a small clip into the engine bay while changing the bulbs, it聽didn't fall through as there is an undertray,
Spent聽about an hour trying to find out what it's called for the part number, this little bugger is 拢2.99.1473672188_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.8b7a5ccf515de184c056a9b06ff51fc4.jpg
Thought I did well after I got 拢5 off the bulbs, now聽I've just added 拢3 back to the cost lol,
Must remember to ask the garage to look for it on next oil change.

16 hours ago, RAIDER32 said:

b) Might have got clocked by a sly Police Camera Van turning on a bend聽at 37/38mph (indicated),
It over reads by 3mph so fingers crossed 34/35mph actual doesn't get any attention,
sods law I never plugged my dashcam in on that one part of my day.

Definitely fingers crossed there. I thought my local force always applied the 10%+2mph guideline. - I got done at 36 in a 30, as did our village Postmaster. However, talking to a neighbour the other day, she'd received a NIP for 33 in a 30 only 2 miles away (same force) so they must have been taking a hard line that day.

• Like 1

I got caught by a real sly camera couple of years ago 35 in a 30 between Morley聽and Huddersfield.

It was a camera facing the other direction, but as I found later, these new cameras have a sly little camera at the back that catches you as you approach.

Went on the awareness course which I really enjoyed.

57 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Went on the awareness course which I really enjoyed.

I quite enjoyed it too, funnily enough. But it feels good now over 3 years have passed without a repetition (fingers crossed, as ever!馃榾).聽

It's surprising now many people don't realise these things work in both directions nowadays.聽

1 minute ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I quite enjoyed it too, funnily enough. But it feels good now over 3 years have passed without a repetition (fingers crossed, as ever!馃榾).聽

Yep same here mate, although when the instructors asked how many people had been on the course before, rather a lot of elderly ladies put their hands up, most on 3rd course 馃檪

I think an open mind on these courses is essential聽 after driving 45 years I always knew I still had plenty to learn....and Ahem unlearn 馃檪

although when the instructors asked how many people had been on the course before, rather a lot of elderly ladies put their hands up, most on 3rd course 馃檪

Lol. On my course they asked how many聽hadn't聽聽been (or got points) before. There were only 2 of us!馃榾

I don't like picking this up in a tyre this morning! Been waiting an hour so far for the mechanic to come and change it 馃檮

IMG_20201230_092848976.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club