Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec Engine Whine

13en

Hey everyone i’ve just bought a ford fiesta 1.4 Zetec 2004 and the engine light is on... it also seems to whine every time you accelerate (doesn’t matter which gear) -> does not whine when idol)

It’s due for a mot on the 23rd, I’m just wondering if anyone knows roughly what sort of cost i’m looking at to get this fixed.

I bought this instead of a Honda Civic because the gearbox issues Hondas have surely this isn’t going to the same thing? and if it is the parts are cheaper right?

Ps. I love this little car!

Any ideas would be highly appreciated

Any ideas would be highly appreciated

Because the engine light is on your best bet is to use the obd to scan for the problem then google that code, if you don't have a scanner you can pick up bluetooth ones from eBay for a couple of quid.

Posts like this are annoying. why buy a car that whines but remarkably love it.

Honda don't have box issues either and Ford parts certainly aren't cheap and their supply chain is pretty poor imo.

can be anything from an engine bearing = chuck the car away, to just a clutch bearing most likely and still about £3-400 as you'd have to do a whole change. the light is probably unrelated to the whine and some other underlying issue if it runs ok.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club