Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St Concern...

ChillyWilly

Hi,

I picked up a year old ST-2 yesterday from a Ford dealer. I did around 50 miles yesterday, then have been on a 70 mile run today. Loving the engine performance, but have a couple of issues. When braking fairly hard, the car pulls to the left a bit. I'm going to check the tyre pressures when they've cooled down, but looks like one for the dealer to check otherwise. The car runs straight without pulling and I can feel no wheel vibrations.

The other issue I'm more concerned about. It may be difficult to explain, but I'll give it a go. When I'm bored in traffic which isn't moving as quickly as I'd like, I sometimes do this thing where I quickly move the steering wheel left-right-left-right sort of thing, only about an inch either way, I guess a bit like a Formula One driver warming the tyres. Think steering round a pot hole you see at the last second, but repeated 2 or 3 times. When I do do this in the ST, after straightening the wheel, it's like the whole car continues to move left and right for a couple of seconds or so, feeling pretty unstable. Driver aids left on as default by the way.

Has anyone experienced this or can you try it for me? It may be that it's a compromise with the chasis/suspension in the same way that the ride is hard and bouncy. The steering seems fine otherwise although I'm still getting used to the car.

Will talk to the dealer about it later in the week and see if I can have a go in another ST they have for sale, but just want other experiences first.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club