Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What Do You Do Prior To Lane Closure On Dual Carriageways?

The Dark Knight

What do you do?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

• Get in lane in plenty of time like the majority
    • Cruise past everyone and cut in as late as possible
    • I will cruise past but only in the overtaking lane, unlike those in the video
  2. 2. If you see someone cruising past, what do you do?

• Nothing, let them get on with it
    • I will swear at them, gesticulate at them and maybe sound my horn
    • I might have a little moan but thats it
    • I will block them by some means. They aren't getting away with that!

I just continue up until the point of closure, sure it irritates a few but sod'em.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

At least I know from now on that there's no reason to get annoyed by people driving up to the cones. Sure some of them might just be being selfish but if it can help the traffic flow then it's best to just let them in.

It will also help you not feel so irritated, may as well just let them pass on by. Life is too short to get peeved off by minor traffic avoidance

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

• Like 1

This has been a most interesting discussion and I'm glad I started it off. I must say that only recently I got into the inside lane on the A38 in plenty of time (400 yards until overtaking lane closed) and sat there crawling along in the traffic.

Nobody went past at all so the outside lane was empty. I sat there practically itching to go into the overtaking lane but I was held back by the knowledge that I would either be blocked by someone moving into the overtaking lane on purpose or that the cars would bunch up real close and stop me from going back to the inside lane again once the cones started.

I think I need to join this apparent revolution. My approach would not be to go very slow down the outside but nor would I go zooming past. Just a nice steady, safe cruising pace and then see what response I get when I indicate to go back to the inside...

• Like 1

^ I think you're right about joining the revolution Dave lol. I'll start doing this whenever I get the chance and see how the other drivers respond. I get the idea that we in our hot hatches (and hatchbacks in general) will be more likely to be let in than people in BMWs and Audis. And I usually give a flash of the hazards to thank anyone who lets me in, no point waving cos they can't see through the tinted rear window B)

• Like 1

^ I think you're right about joining the revolution Dave lol. I'll start doing this whenever I get the chance and see how the other drivers respond. I get the idea that we in our hot hatches (and hatchbacks in general) will be more likely to be let in than people in BMWs and Audis. And I usually give a flash of the hazards to thank anyone who lets me in, no point waving cos they can't see through the tinted rear window B)

Ford need to put a '3 flash' thank you hazard light switch on a stalk. I do it all the time!

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

• Like 1

^ Yeah, and it should only flash the rear indicators. I wonder if there's a mod we could do to make that work.

Ask Lenny, he may be able to make it happen!

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club