Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

Very nice motor looks good in the estate version are u thinking of buying it???

Yea estate. I'm thinking that, being recently married and on the verge of getting our first house, there is a strong possibility there could be another member of the family added in the near future lol So estate = family car = more room and it actually does look quote sport still. Bit like RainyDays has said, suspension would defs be getting looked at if I do decide to go for something like that.

• Like 2

Bit of a trek ahead of me tomorrow morning. The car is going on a road trip to Old Trafford:

1477420972939.thumb.jpg.1f47a8ff1f3cc59c

• Like 2

Estate cars have potential. Plenty of boot space for a family of 3 or even 4. If you got nice wheels, a decent suspension, an air filter, and a new mapping to pull a bit harder when loaded, you will get from A-B in style. On the German Autobahn, estate cars are often cruising 200-220 km/h. Hatchback versions seem to be getting smaller and smaller boot space form Ford. As I previously mentioned, I own an estate and it is a pleasure to drive long distances. I drove to Barcelona from Luxembourg and I never had to perform calculus when using the boot. I did have to perform loads of maths when I was with my old hatchback because we bought a few gifts for people and we had to cover the back seat.

If the OP does get an estate, I will still follow his threads if he decides to make a few changes. I won't be judgemental, contrary to some people who only appreciate from RS and above. Yesterday, on my way home from work, I stopped to see a new tuning shop that opened next to my house. I parked the car in front of the shop and from the moment I entered, I could see the guys looking at me weird. The shop had a clear view of my car and it still looks like a normal focus if you glance at it. I asked a few questions regarding parts and  other things. They wanted to be friendly but I could see they judged me because of my car.

No disrespect to estates here either, I was just joking :wink:

I also have to say that some of the new cars look just as good as estates as they look as their sedan/hatchback versions. Mk3.5 Focus, Mk5 Mondeo, of other brands Skoda Superb, Audi A4/A6, Seat Leon etc...

That being said, if I would be going down this familly-guy way, and this is something that I'm actually considering myself (though I'm luckilly not-married :biggrin:), I have one word: Kuga. Ok, few more words: Mk1, 2.5T, AWD, individual. Something like this:

Ford_Kuga_Individual_2008.jpg

ford-kuga-individual-2009-3.jpg

kug001_ebenen.jpg

With the power of the same 2.5T engine from Mk2 Focus, but with AWD drive and lots and lots of space inside. For me, this is the way of looking good even in "familly car" :smile:

I know it's older than Mk3.5s, but it's another way to go (maybe even cheaper too)...

• Like 1

As im getting older i see more estate cars i like ie: audi bmw and ford. I think my next car will be estate of some kind proberly kuga or focus may even be a mondeo accept i have not seen a new mondeo estate yet. But i think they can look smart. With the right wheels, colour and spec.

• Like 1

I have a mk 3.5 estate. 

Prefer the look of it over the hatchback. Also bought it as i have a photobootg and its easier to use the car over the van for certain locations.

Upgrading it slowly with a set 19's and various zetec s and st body parts.

• Like 2

Good to see some love for the estate. I agree with midnighttd the mk3.5 looks far better, especially in Zetec S trim.

I've also been looking at the Seat Leon FR 1.8 with Tech pack. Very yummy in 5dr black.

• Like 1

Cleaned car inside and out yesterday, all shiny again after our road trip. Derry to Manchester in a tank and 3/4 ? Pretty good it'd say.

1477832270089.jpg.6c8ca775edff8302bda7bd

1477832281224.jpg.cfd651525710e100119b75

Interior looks lovely all shined up. Although the wife decided she wanted her Starbucks on the passenger rather than in an actual cup.

1477832566519.jpg.f869fa44896d2f3809d02a

1477832583607.jpg.6f2ebb6b7c56a86f129524

• Like 2

Is that 648 miles to 1.75 tank fulls? Mine must be pretty good, as I get on average 425 miles from one full tank down to 50 miles remaining. Especially as that covers around 20 cold starts! 

• Like 1

Is that 648 miles to 1.75 tank fulls? Mine must be pretty good, as I get on average 425 miles from one full tank down to 50 miles remaining. Especially as that covers around 20 cold starts! 

Yea I think that's right 648 miles for 1.75 tank fulls.

Folks the motor is in for repairs and for fitting of the ZS bumper. I'll be without the car til Friday so it's going to be hard but it'll be worth it in the end. I have to drive the wife's diesel mk3 Zetec. God I hate that car. Diesel is so sluggish, fat and heavy.

• Like 1

Truly dislike being without my car :( Won't be getting her back til tomorrow after work.

Don't get to sad you will get it back and then all will be good . You will enjoy it more with that bumper.

Speaking of bumpers do not get a Downpipe !! Holy mother sweet Jesus my car is like thunder because of it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Don't get to sad you will get it back and then all will be good . You will enjoy it more with that bumper.

Speaking of bumpers do not get a Downpipe !! Holy mother sweet Jesus my car is like thunder because of it !

Lol !! I can't decide whether to get a cat-back or just a back box. Is there really much difference, apart from sound? Any performance gains at all?

Would you believe the fact that my consumption went down since I put the new exhaust ?

In terms of performance I will show you the HP gains when I dyno my car and do an adjustment.

The engine is noticeably different since the change. I can feel how snappy it has become and on WOT and there is no hesitation. Instant reaction.

A downpipe like mine needs to be added to a much better turbo. Keeping the Continental turbo may not yield the performance gains one could get.

For the time being I do not have numbers for you.

• Like 1

Would you believe the fact that my consumption went down since I put the new exhaust ?

In terms of performance I will show you the HP gains when I dyno my car and do an adjustment.

The engine is noticeably different since the change. I can feel how snappy it has become and on WOT and there is no hesitation. Instant reaction.

A downpipe like mine needs to be added to a much better turbo. Keeping the continental turbo may not yield the performance gains one could get.

For the time being I do not have numbers for you.

So ideally, with me not wanting it too loud, I should go for cat back system with resonator ? And you think that would free up some horses with it being more free flowing ?

Off the phone with the body shop dude, car won't be ready til the morning :(

8 hours ago, kpg said:

So ideally, with me not wanting it too loud, I should go for cat back system with resonator ? And you think that would free up some horses with it being more free flowing ?

I was in your shoes a few months ago when I looked into changing the exhaust. When I pulled the trigger, I completely ignored common sense and chose performance. You see my friend, quiet and performance do not go hand in hand in this case. You want it to have a nice note, be quiet, and free up some horses. The first two can happen but not the third. 

As the name states, a cat back system will be installed after the cat giving you nice sound, depending on the design of the exhaust. When you turn it on, it will be just a bit louder than the stock version you currently have. You will go for a remap and the gains will be designed with the ORIGINAL downpipe in mind. The downpipe is the one that controls back pressure. Gas flow dynamics and thermodynamics dictate a simple concept : more in, more out! An increased intake pressure needs a better exhaust flow, hence the wider bore of the downpipe and exhaust. 

Now to give you an example. My car is tuned and the ECU map is taking into account quite a few parameters. Airflow, downpipe volume, etc. When I called my tuner and asked for a new appointment, he said it will not be needed if I only go for the catback. The mapping on the car taking into account the stock pipe and exhaust diameter will be optimal even with a 3 inch cat-back.  For better than stock gains, your downpipe needs to be changed. The best seller is the 200 cell one sport cat which can be found from M3s, M4s, to Gallardo's.

My car has the 200 cells EUR6 sport cat and a 3 inch exhaust. You already figured it out that my volume for the exhaust and back pressure have changed. As a consequence, a visit to my tuner is needed to factor in these parameters. The car could end up at 215 HP or less. I am not looking at power which will break my car in 20.000 KM. The benefits of a downpipe are not only related to horsepower. Your engine becomes more efficient, burns fuel at a better rate and I have lower consumption on the highway at normal speeds. In addition, acceleration is positively impacted. WOT is much better and you have a nicer feel as well. 

Long story short : quiet but better sound with little performance gains over stock? Just a cat back and resonator. Performance over stock, better response, and increased engine efficiency? Downpipe and cat-back with resonator. 

In case you did not have the chance to see this , this is how my car sounds parked. The turbo sound and air noise is music to my ears. It breathes very well now my car. It becomes louder when the engine has to do some work. 

• Like 1

Again, the body shop dude rang and said car won't be ready til Monday. He gave some excuse about injuring himself whilst welding last night. Not impressed at all. I rang him back and said I need my car today, I can't be without it over the weekend. He said he'd try and get it out around 4/5 today so hopefully I'll be getting a phonecall later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kpg said:

Again, the body shop dude rang and said car won't be ready til Monday. He gave some excuse about injuring himself whilst welding last night. Not impressed at all. I rang him back and said I need my car today, I can't be without it over the weekend. He said he'd try and get it out around 4/5 today so hopefully I'll be getting a phonecall later.

Body shops ay the fink the world evolves around them. I know what u mean when u ain't got ur car for a few days u appreciate it more and miss it, like a girlfriend I suppose. It will be worth the wait tho.

• Like 1

Body shops ay the fink the world evolves around them. I know what u mean when u ain't got ur car for a few days u appreciate it more and miss it, like a girlfriend I suppose. It will be worth the wait tho.

Got the phonecall a while ago, have to call for it at 6.30. Thank Christ. Been sitting on my arpse all day lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kpg said:

Got the phonecall a while ago, have to call for it at 6.30. Thank Christ. Been sitting on my arpse all day lol

Lol. I wish I just sat on my butt today decided to wash the car and hand wax it now I have a stomach ach a back ache and feel knacked

• Like 1

Got the car back there . All is well, from what I can see in the dark lol I'll get some pics up tomorrow when I get a chance to shine up the car a bit .

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club