Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Heater Not Working

annieb63

just got myself a ford fiesta flight 1.2 51 plate, and the heater does not work. It blows cold air but no warm air... help please winter is coming, and i like my comforts... thanks Annieb.

It could be the heater control valve, when we bought ours it was stuck open so would only have hot air available ( not ideal in summer)

They are about £45 from ford, don't buy eBay ones as they don't last, fitting takes about half an hour.

It could also be the heater control panel, you should be able to pick one up cheap off eBay or a breakers yard

Heater control vale is located behind the engine on the bulkhead in the centre, has 4 hoses going to it, 2 on the engine bay side and 2 on the other side going through the bulkhead into the car.

Try the control panel first though as it's the cheapest and easiest to change of the 2.

• Like 1

i had that trouble before summer but mine had to do with water-coolant and air-lock. all summer 'George' had been warm even with heating off!

Now with winter it would be nice to get mine sorted too because i am losing coolant-water. first it was every week i'd check. But i topped up yesterday afternoon and this morning below minimum again.

i wondered if K - Seal would help?? Especially as next weekend i have to drive to Lancaster from Stockport. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...

hello all, need advice. my Fiesta flight is fine & dandy touch wood. Heating is ify so I wondered would it affect overheating & fan? I will eventually get someone to look at it but wondered if it would just work itself out. it just started this just back from Christmas Hols. I was away in Europe for 2 wks and person looking after car didn't start it :( but started straight away but heating was just lukewarm.

thanks xxx

I don't know if  a car is the same as a indoor AC, but our indoor AC (inverter) stopped blowing hot/warm air few weeks ago.  It was blowing only cold air/outside air i suppose.

Called the Ac guys and it seams that it was out of gas. A quick recharge and good to go.

So maybe you are out of gas ?

I know it is weird, but if  it's the gas, it's the cheapest fix. 

Hope this helps.

heater has no gas in it, it's only the aircon that has gas and that only affects whether you can get ice cold air out. Hot air has nothing to do with the aircon gas.

first thing to check is coolant level. often not hot air from heater is because coolant level too low.  could be other things like air lock or sediment clogging up heater matrix. could also be thermostate faulty, but that normally makes the coolant too how as opposed to too cold.

is the temp guage showing correct level. if temp guage is at correct level. eg somewhere in the middle when you have drive around a bit and heater still cold then it's not the thermostat causing cold heater

Well i was thinking the same thing. This is what the AC guys told me. After they've toped up the gas it worked fine. If they lied to me it's a different story but I don't see why they would have done that.

Either the Heater Control Valve is stuck closed or the Thermostat is stuck open.

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2015 at 0:53 PM, kimla10 said:

i had that trouble before summer but mine had to do with water-coolant and air-lock. all summer 'George' had been warm even with heating off!

Now with winter it would be nice to get mine sorted too because i am losing coolant-water. first it was every week i'd check. But i topped up yesterday afternoon and this morning below minimum again.

i wondered if K - Seal would help?? Especially as next weekend i have to drive to Lancaster from Stockport. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Had the same problem on my 52 plate 1.3 Fiesta petrol. The problem could either be the hoses or it could be the problem that I had which was the thermostat housing. If you follow the hoses it'll take you to a black box on the right hand side of the engine. There is also a wire connected to the top of the box which is for the sensor. The housing contains the thermostat which you can get off eBay for about £20 and the problem is that either the gasket has been damaged so there is no watertight seal or it could be that the housing is worn away which causes it to leak (I had these problems). Takes about half an hour to put it and it is quite fiddly to remove the 6 screws especially the ones at the bottom.

I have been meaning to check coolant!! These dark afternoons!! I will check in the morning when its light!!!

it is sooo much appreciated!! :)

On 25/01/2017 at 3:06 PM, B0D0 said:

Well i was thinking the same thing. This is what the AC guys told me. After they've toped up the gas it worked fine. If they lied to me it's a different story but I don't see why they would have done that.

It's not that they lied to you - they were spot on - it's that the heating systems in cars don't involve the AC unit as the engine provides more than enough source of heat. If the OP's issue was that their AC wasn't cooling sufficiently then, as in your case, it may just have been low on gas.

• 3 years later...

Hi I recently had to take all casing off my 2005 fiesta to get serial number for radio, I managed to get it and put bk together now my heating only blowing warmish air when on hot or cold once car reached its temperature it's not changing. I've refilled coolant tank as it was low and still no change. Can anybody help me on how to fix it please

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club