Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annoying Rattle!!

ScottlGH

Ive had the car since January its a mk 7.5 3 door and has since developed a rattle behind the driver seat in the speaker area.

I've took it in to ford and they said trim isn't covered by warranty so it look like I'm going to have to sort it myself, but don't know where to start, any help much appreciated.

I had a similar issue, is your rattle caused by loud music and/or bass, or just when driving? I think they are right that rattles aren't covered after the first year, but depending on the dealership they might look at it for you. I found a really good dealer in Leeds that fixed several rattle for me including a really bad one, and didn't charge me even though they had the car the whole day.

I had a similar issue, is your rattle caused by loud music and/or bass, or just when driving? I think they are right that rattles aren't covered after the first year, but depending on the dealership they might look at it for you. I found a really good dealer in Leeds that fixed several rattle for me including a really bad one, and didn't charge me even though they had the car the whole day.

It usually happens after a bumpy road or driving across speed bumps, but when I get close to home it settles down or even stops. It doesn't really sound like a rattle though its more of a crackling noise but the stereo doesn't need to be on which I find strange ?

Can't really help I'm afraid but as we all know rattles in the car are so *bleep* annoying! It makes it worse that there is only us that find it annoying! My girlfriend just thinks I'm been stupid. But when your the driver and its your car... My gosh they are annoying! (The missus and the rattle) 😉

I've currently got the passengers seat belt ratting like there is a screw loose in the head of it? Don't know if anyone has this too?

• Like 1

Can't really help I'm afraid but as we all know rattles in the car are so *bleep* annoying! It makes it worse that there is only us that find it annoying! My girlfriend just thinks I'm been stupid. But when your the driver and its your car... My gosh they are annoying! (The missus and the rattle)

I've currently got the passengers seat belt ratting like there is a screw loose in the head of it? Don't know if anyone has this too?

Just after I read this I went out in the car and the passenger seat belt has started rattling, just my luck haha.
  • Like 1

I have a rattles in exactly the same places, dealership wasn't interested in fixing them as apparently rattles are only covered for the first 1000 miles. In the end I jammed a load of foam in there which has definitely improved things, works its way loose eventually though.

I have a rattles in exactly the same places, dealership wasn't interested in fixing them as apparently rattles are only covered for the first 1000 miles. In the end I jammed a load of foam in there which has definitely improved things, works its way loose eventually though.

I've been told they are covered for the first year. They were just trying to fob you off if you ask me. I see you're in Yorkshire - if you're anywhere near Leeds take the car the Benfield in Leeds (York Road), they are the best dealer I've been too and will fix issues like this on a car more than a year old without charging, or at least that's what they did for me.

Haha bad times mate! It don't half wear on you that particular rattle 😑

Does your sound like a tiny loose screw in the slider by any chance bud?

the minis dash started a rattle weeks back so sprayed wd40 round the sides of it and it stopped it like magic :D

I've been told they are covered for the first year. They were just trying to fob you off if you ask me. I see you're in Yorkshire - if you're anywhere near Leeds take the car the Benfield in Leeds (York Road), they are the best dealer I've been too and will fix issues like this on a car more than a year old without charging, or at least that's what they did for me.

Yeh mate that particular garage has proven itself to be awful a couple of times so I now steer well clear. Thanks for the tip on Benfield, It's always nice to hear of garages that actually want to help.

• Like 1

Haha bad times mate! It don't half wear on you that particular rattle

Does your sound like a tiny loose screw in the slider by any chance bud?

exactly that mate
  • Like 1

exactly that mate

Your in for a long one buddy😉

One rattle down! Over the weekend decided to source the passenger side rattle down.

Had a drive, sounded like it was from the back so started to take trim off.

Started with the plastic sill then went for a drive to see if whatever it was would slide out but no luck.

Next step I was going to get the rear speaker trim off. When trying to figure out how to get the panel off I put my hand under the seat for some strange reason and seen the carpet was out of position.

post-62056-144709944479_thumb.jpgpost-62056-144709946253_thumb.jpg

Then discovered this little *******.

post-62056-144709938569_thumb.jpg

Problem solved :)

A while ago was taking some board games to a new home, I guess one of the hungry hungry hippo wanted to leave something behind

So moral of the check under the carpet haha

• Like 1

One rattle down! Over the weekend decided to source the passenger side rattle down.

Had a drive, sounded like it was from the back so started to take trim off.

Started with the plastic sill then went for a drive to see if whatever it was would slide out but no luck.

Next step I was going to get the rear speaker trim off. When trying to figure out how to get the panel off I put my hand under the seat for some strange reason and seen the carpet was out of position.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1447099444.310778.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1447099458.530945.jpg

Then discovered this little *******.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1447099385.244535.jpg

Problem solved :)

A while ago was taking some board games to a new home, I guess one of the hungry hungry hippo wanted to leave something behind

So moral of the check under the carpet haha

Hahaaha😂 glad you solved it mate!👍🏻 can't say I've had any hungry hippos in my car though! I've still got the seat belt rattle!😠

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club