Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofitting A Sat Nav To A 2014/2015 (Facelift) Focus

Jonny_T2002

5 minutes ago, sin said:

Could anyone help me get the navigation directions in the cluster?

I am unable to use Focccus as it is not compatible with my Focus RS, so I would need to do it with forscan? I've tried a few methods already but nothing seems to have worked. Is the only way to change the car config file?

What ELM cable do you use? And what error do you get if you are trying to read data using Forscan? 

You can also activate the directions in cluster using Forscan. But if you are already unable to do it with Focccus not sure if you will be able to do it via Forscan.

Hit me a PM with your e-mail and i will send you the instructions how to activate it there via Forscan.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bannko said:

What ELM cable do you use? And what error do you get if you are trying to read data using Forscan? 

You can also activate the directions in cluster using Forscan. But if you are already unable to do it with Focccus not sure if you will be able to do it via Forscan.

Hit me a PM with your e-mail and i will send you the instructions how to activate it there via Forscan.

not so much of an error; more that I think the hex values I changed were the incorrect ones as once I changed them nothing changed in the cluster.

cheers for the help :)

21 hours ago, sin said:

not so much of an error; more that I think the hex values I changed were the incorrect ones as once I changed them nothing changed in the cluster.

cheers for the help :)

As we talked via PM. Your calibration file is very recent and not currently available and supported by Focccus or Forscan. You will just have to wait a little bit till it will be available or ask directly on Forscan maybe they already have it. :) 

• Like 1

I'm very interested to please, can you pm'ed me please Bannko

• Like 1

Best programme out apart from IDS  is UCDS  i have it and you don't have to mess with Hex values as its all in plain text  :) i added climate control to my sync 3 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tezza said:

Best programme out apart from IDS  is UCDS  i have it and you don't have to mess with Hex values as its all in plain text  :) i added climate control to my sync 3 

UCDS is top for modifications i also recommend it :) but i also understand that not everyone wants to spend approx. 95 Pounds on this cable.

• Like 1

Could I get details on this too please Bannko. Tia.

• Like 1

Hello All

I have just bought a 2015 Focus Titanium X, it is beyond me why someone would not have paid for the sav nav when new. I am intending on doing this mod but wondered if anyone knew is this has any impact on the warranty? Sorry to ask Bannk, can you PM me the details.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi, would anyone in Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire be willing to enable this for me if I brought genuine sd card off eBay and paid for you to enable system.

Hi Bannko, just bought a Focus Titanium 2015 with no Satnav. Any chance you could PM me details on enabling. Many thanks.

• Like 1

Hi bannko,  brought an st-line that shows compass only, hoped someone in Derbyshire had the skills to help me do this but could you send me details on how to do it please to see if I can.

does it affect any other features of sync or invalidate warranty do you know?

thanks in advance for your help

Hi @ijc060572. ST line is not already enquiped with SYNC 3? As the navi activation is possible only for the SYNC 2.

30 minutes ago, Bannko said:

Hi @ijc060572. ST line is not already enquiped with SYNC 3? As the navi activation is possible only for the SYNC 2.

Hi, mine 2016 model, looks sync2 to me and manual says sync2, how can I definitely tell?

On 07/06/2017 at 7:40 PM, Bannko said:

Have to say excellent support and guidance from Bannko, will update next week when hopefully following instructions nav is working. Just waiting parts to arrive

• Like 2

hi Bannko how can i activate my sat nav on my sync 2 ?

• Like 1

Can confirm this works, now got nav on main screen and directions on smaller screen.  

Bannko thanks for all your help with this, ford original sd card and factory installed nav for approx £100 can't be bad.  

Few panics as installs but don't worry that you've bricked your new car, relax and it will be ok..  he says now :)

• Like 2

Hi all
Sorry for the Hijack, I am new to the ford scene, I have just recently bought a Focus ST3 MK3.5 and just wondering if this is possible on my car? if anyone is relatively local to me to do this would be great I don't really fancy trying this myself :(

Hi all
Sorry for the Hijack, I am new to the ford scene, I have just recently bought a Focus ST3 MK3.5 and just wondering if this is possible on my car? if anyone is relatively local to me to do this would be great I don't really fancy trying this myself :(

100% possible, did it on mine last year.
Where are you based?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi Bannko, 

Got to say, very generous, the amount of help you are giving out here. If you are prepared to share a PP address, I'll send you a metaphorical pint ;)

However, there is a cost :)

I've jut bought the Mrs a 2016 Focus Titanium, which I thought (assumed to be honest...) would have satnav, but doesn't. It does have the touchscreen, and the compass etc, so I'm expecting it's relatively simple to add the satnav feature?
I've looked through the thread, and whilst I see gatherings of info, if there is a 'one stop shop' for guide and required hardware, I'd appreciate it.

I'm pretty competent, so should be able to work it out, but as I say, hardware and software links would be appreciated :)

Thanks again for the assistance.

Sorry to be another first time poster leecher ;) It's your own fault for being so helpful :D

• Like 1

@Bannko hi mate

been reading this thread with interest - I just today got a 2016 focus 1.0 ecoboost and thought that all 2016 onwards came with Sync 3...but no, mines Sync 2...really want to get satnav sorted for it.

I'm reasonably tech savvy, so from what I've seen should be able to do it but would be massively grateful if you could PM with some specific instructions!

thanks in advance mate, you seem to have helped hundreds already!

• Like 1

Hi I've got a focus st-2 sync-1 on it.  I have a late 2014 focus. It's a Sony unit without nav.  Is there a way of getting nav for this unit?  If not I've just bought a sync 2 unit with nav touch screen is it an easy replacement? Awaiting delivery.   I don't have an sd reader but have USB.  Any help would be appreciated 

thanks 

22 hours ago, Davies3612 said:

Hi I've got a focus st-2 sync-1 on it.  I have a late 2014 focus. It's a Sony unit without nav.  Is there a way of getting nav for this unit?  If not I've just bought a sync 2 unit with nav touch screen is it an easy replacement? Awaiting delivery.   I don't have an sd reader but have USB.  Any help would be appreciated 

thanks 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club