Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem Programming Pcm

wilto

My mate tried programming my car for cruise control today, we got everything done on the GEM, and the HEC but when we came to the PCM, we got as far as read PCM and had error message saying "bit rate needs to be at least 50000" or words to that efect.

Tried changing the baud rate on the first sceen numerous times but still the same, tried an older download but still the same, HELP guys please

Are you just reading the front page with the cruise tick box or trying to read the whole PCM firmware?

I guess you were using a modified ELM327 interface and the ELMconfig software to activate the Cruise Control functions.

The firmware reading/updating functionality of the ELMconfig program requires a Baudrate of at least 500.000 Kbps. A standard ELM327 interface is set at a Baudrate of 38.400 Kbps Depending on the chipset used on the interface some can and others do not support a Baudrate of 500.000 Kbps. Many cheap chinese ELM327 interfaces do not support a Baudrate of 500.000 Kbps. The message you got suggest that your interface does not support a Baudrate of 500.000 Kbps.

If you configure the ELMconfig software to automatically select the highest supported Baudrate the program will automatically detect and select it. After the program is started the actual used Baudrate is shown in the top bar of the program.

Are you just reading the front page with the cruise tick box or trying to read the whole PCM firmware?

I think it was on page 2 tom, after you select the PCM type from the drop down box

I guess you were using a modified ELM327 interface and the ELMconfig software to activate the Cruise Control functions.

The firmware reading/updating functionality of the ELMconfig program requires a Baudrate of at least 500.000 Kbps. A standard ELM327 interface is set at a Baudrate of 38.400 Kbps Depending on the chipset used on the interface some can and others do not support a Baudrate of 500.000 Kbps. Many cheap chinese ELM327 interfaces do not support a Baudrate of 500.000 Kbps. The message you got suggest that your interface does not support a Baudrate of 500.000 Kbps.

If you configure the ELMconfig software to automatically select the highest supported Baudrate the program will automatically detect and select it. After the program is started the actual used Baudrate is shown in the top bar of the program.

Hi mate, I've sent your post to my mate, and he has also found out basically the same, he's almost positive the ELM has the old chipset, so is ordering a newer one, then we'll try it again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club