Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not Able To Play Music Through Usb Cable

Kkeenan

I've got the fiesta Zetec without bluetooth and I'm having trouble playing music through my iPhone using the apple cable when I try playing a song it plays the start then skips through my whole playlist without letting me listen to a full song, can anyone help me ? I have to use an aux cable but by doing so it doesn't let me skip songs using the buttons on the steering wheel. Thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/01/2016 at 9:39 PM, Kkeenan said:

I've got the fiesta Zetec without Bluetooth and I'm having trouble playing music through my iPhone using the apple cable when I try playing a song it plays the start then skips through my whole playlist without letting me listen to a full song, can anyone help me ? I have to use an aux cable but by doing so it doesn't let me skip songs using the buttons on the steering wheel. Thanks :)

This happened to me occasionally on my then iPhone 5, don't think its to do with the cars bluetooth, sounds like a corrupt music file/library, try the following:

1. Hard resetting your phone by holding the power button and home button together until the screen turns off, turn it back on.
  2. If that doesn't work, try restoring your iPhone and re-syncing the music?

Happened more than once to me, both of the above worked.

Similar thing happens to me. Although i don't have bluetooth but i can only play through the AUX and not the USB which is a massive shame.

I read that they stopped updating the firmware for the Fiestas, I have a 62 plate MK 7 Ford Fiesta Edge and that just skips through the songs. I use Spotify but i've third it in the Ford Focus Estate and it does exactly the same thing, so i just don't use it anymore... :(

54 minutes ago, MrJamesMcManus said:

Similar thing happens to me. Although i don't have bluetooth but i can only play through the AUX and not the USB which is a massive shame.

I read that they stopped updating the firmware for the Fiestas, I have a 62 plate MK 7 Ford Fiesta Edge and that just skips through the songs. I use Spotify but i've third it in the Ford Focus Estate and it does exactly the same thing, so i just don't use it anymore... :(

I have a 2011 model, when I first had it the iPhone wouldn't work through the use cable alone, had to have the aux for audio.

turned out the radios firmware was out of date, updated to the last one they released (Nov 2012), aux is pretty much never used now!

Not sure when they upgraded the cars sync system, but if yours is the same as mine, use this thread, straight forward to do and took around 20 mins. 

the site for the update no longer exists but if you need it, I know there a working download link somewhere, let me know and I'll find it

May get the usb going for you 🙃

Just now, Matt87 said:

I have a 2011 model, when I first had it the iPhone wouldn't work through the use cable alone, had to have the aux for audio.

turned out the radios firmware was out of date, updated to the last one they released (Nov 2012), aux is pretty much never used now!

Not sure when they upgraded the cars sync system, but if yours is the same as mine, use this thread, straight forward to do and took around 20 mins. 

the site for the update no longer exists but if you need it, I know there a working download link somewhere.

May get the usb going for you 🙃

OMG! If you could that would be amazing!!!!! :D Would i be able to play songs through spotify on the USB?

The file download is here, from the tutorial in my previous post, you need to skip to around  52secs and follow it from there.

November 2012 Firmware

Hope it helps

Regarding spotify, im not too sure as i don't use it sorry,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club