Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 2.2 St tdci EGR blanking plate!!

sxh71

Hi people. 

Back in middle of December 2015 I fitted my blanking plate to my egr to allow clean air etc..... I still have not occurred an engine management light yet. I am not moaning mind but I am worried there's a problme else where! If anyone could share some light I do appreciate it

That year should have the electrically operated EGRV - does it ?

Hi. Yes it's the electronic egr valve. Some people reported that if come on after a week.... but mines been a whole month and still nothing

They normally do illuminate - does the EML warning light illuminate in ignition on mode ?

Yeah when you turn the ignition on it light up and the goes off obviously. This is why I am confused and want to make sure there's not a problem else where 

Is it a solid steel plate - or does it have a hole in it ?

It's a Complete solid plate. I do have the one with the hole in but I haven't fitted it due to no EML light. 

Well  . . . definely do not fit the one with the hole.

Seems an odd one you have there - but if the EML's staying off & the car drives ok, then there's little to worry about i guess

• Like 2

Yeah every thing seems spot on feels a little bit more responsive.... but if I'm totally honest I still think I have poor mpg. I'm getting 33mpg around town and about 50mpg on a run. Is this abpit right do you know

That's not too bad taking into account the age & mileage

Ok cheers. It's going in for a majour service next month and new tyres so hopefully that helps

Don't worry about the light, sometimes it can go a week without illuminating and other times it can go six months! It's entirely random it seems but perfectly normal. 

• Like 1

Thanks step 123. Out of curiosity what mpg do you get m8

I used to get around what you achieve in my 05 reg ST TDCi that had a complete EGRV bypass

• Like 1

Doing an average of about 38-40 on these colder mornings. It's needing injectors soon too so all my figures are lower than I got previously.

ive had nearly 60mpg on a good motorway run before. Around town it guzzles diesel though. 

Yeah I have had 60mpg on at 70mph cruise. It's not doing very good atm tbh and since your getting 38 lol.... would the blanking plate be affecting it in anyway? The cars going in for a majour service next month so I'm hoping this along with the budget tyres on it maybe causing it

The blanking plate should increase fuel economy a little at least, as the combustion process is now hotter & there's an increase in exhaust gas driving the turbo

A new fuel & air filter may help & give the M.A.F. sensor a clean

Ok cool. What's best to clean M.A.F sensor with? I have electrical cleaner in a spray can..... also not sounding stupid lol the sensor is next to the airox isn't it haha

1 minute ago, sxh71 said:

Ok cool. What's best to clean M.A.F sensor with? I have electrical cleaner in a spray can..... also not sounding stupid lol the sensor is next to the airox isn't it haha

Yes to both :smile:

Clean it VERY CAREFULLY :smile:

Ok will do. Il just give it a spray lol. 

I'm not a believer of cleaning MAF sensors unless there is something wrong.

I removed the entire EGR and pipework,Pipercross Air Filter,Cat Removed and Bluefin Superchips for the Mondeo Mk3 2.2 tdci,my car on a run to London and back averaged 63 Mpg and around 48ish in town,the light comes on stays on but Dash Command puts it off when required.;-)

I am averaging around 38 mpg with my 2.2 as well. Down a bit obviously due to the colder mornings, heated front and rear screens, heater on, heated seat on. So not too bad.

I also have the blanking plate on, also has the straight downpipe on it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club