Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update Sync 2 The Easy Way

alexp999

not so much the registration date but build date is more important, my guess as you have no recall  then your car was built before july 14.dont think f2 was the affected card, f3 was the issue and was replaced with f4. now on f5 I'm led to believe.

just buy an f5 off eBay. not exactly going to break the bank.

My 16 plate focus came with the F5 version. I believe there is now an f6 I read somewhere.

• Like 1

I think there is an f5 and a v6 which are different systems?

Sure some one will put me right

As is said it won't break the bank to update the card, but after paying a fair bit for a car with nav it seems reasonable for the supplier to keep it up to date, as would be the case if you purchased a stand alone unit or app?

• 3 weeks later...

Just done a Google search and someone in the US is offering a sync 2 to sync 3 upgrade. Bit pricey mind at $2k, but thought this wasn't even possible? OEM is the name of the site.

Bought F5 from Gumtree guy in Cardiff ,,£20 working fine 

1 minute ago, colinben said:

Bought F5 from Gumtree guy in Cardiff ,,£20 working fine so far :-)

See Ford Australia are making nav updates free for sync 2 & 3 owners.

Saw the Gumtree seller for f5 card now quoting £25.

@Bannko, did you manage to update your system ? I, too, have the F3 card with no recall message in Ford ETIS for my VIN, so i wonder if we csn update without changing the SD card.

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Having car serviced next month, will see what I can get from dealer. Don't expect much to be honest.

If no luck will try for on line system update. Seems to be some disagreement about if SD needs to be updated.

If that doesn't work, might buy a f5 SD card on line, or may wait to new year as f6 card presumably due then.

The SD cards are copy/write protected so can't be altered.

Even copying data from a card to a new one won't work as Ford add a licence based on the cards inbedded serial number.

Without the serial licence the card won't be accepted by the system.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Had the recall update to f4 then brought f5 myself from gumtree  working fine can't tell any difference really 

Most updates just include new and modified roads/junctions & updated speed camera locations.

Plymouth has a lot of new housing going up plus new & modified road layouts which aren't on the F5 card .

Pity Ford don't do live updates like Garmin and tomtom.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

I ' ve just managed to update my sync2 following your guides, via the aussie ford site. Mind you that i have the f3 card. Very satisfied. Thank you all.

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've downloaded the language pack 5 and did the update on my 2015 Focus with Sync 2 Navigation. It worked fine after the update but after turning the car off and going back to it later the system now freezes and doesn't allow me to press any of the menu options. The radio is working and I'm able to change the source through pressing the buttons but the touch screen doesn't work. Anybody got a solution before i contact Ford? 

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to Bannko for helping me update my F3card to F5 without paying a penny.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Alex

Brilliant guide, I will try tomorow, but I cannot get past   "No need to sign up to the Ford India website, just download, extract to the root of a FAT32 formatted USB stick and away you go".

I get onto the page but it only gives to options sign in or register !!, I would like to look for updates from time to time, have I missed something, im using your link to language pack 5 download at the moment, 

Regards huey45/Keith

The link to language pack 5 still goes straight to the file for me?

• 3 weeks later...

So good to find a forum that has people talking about all these numbers and downloads, who seem to know a thing or two.  Information about this system is pretty weak.

Does anyone know where I would locate the Australia/New Zealand versions for our cars down here?   I've put  Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack5Rev2.zip  on it and it works fine, however there are a few little differences.  The biggest being the accent used.  It's not a big deal really, but I would ideally like my local version.

Our Ford dashboard down here is broken, and well Ford Aus are not very good when it comes to anything with a screen.  EA5T-14D544-AD is the latest available for my car apparently, but that doesn't deal with the locale of what is installed, it's the zip, built, language pack and revision that plays a part.

Hoping someone can help.  Doesn't seem to be a big demand for it down here yet.

On 11/3/2016 at 10:32 AM, thenashy said:

So good to find a forum that has people talking about all these numbers and downloads, who seem to know a thing or two.  Information about this system is pretty weak.

Does anyone know where I would locate the Australia/New Zealand versions for our cars down here?   I've put  Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack5Rev2.zip  on it and it works fine, however there are a few little differences.  The biggest being the accent used.  It's not a big deal really, but I would ideally like my local version.

Our Ford dashboard down here is broken, and well Ford Aus are not very good when it comes to anything with a screen.  EA5T-14D544-AD is the latest available for my car apparently, but that doesn't deal with the locale of what is installed, it's the zip, built, language pack and revision that plays a part.

Hoping someone can help.  Doesn't seem to be a big demand for it down here yet.

You can also officially download the UPDATE from Ford Australia site. It will give you a proper download file according your VIN number.

Just register here: https://www.ford.com.au/owner

There is a section SYNC SW update...and over there you can download it :) 

• Like 1

Would it have an Australian voice if downloading from there?

• Like 1

where can I register my car? I'm from Greece. My dealer order the car from Germany

Just updates my sync all went fine

For my titanium x / think it'called mk3.5 - latest shape thanks

830e05d1b2ea4a799527c3ee7dcc728b.jpg

847ff2be27eed5c105b3a8f2a8872d14.jpg83e834e60d8bea75dce6c7a494434b39.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, konstantinosmis said:

where can I register my car? I'm from Greece. My dealer order the car from Germany

Sorry could you please specify why do you want to register your car - i do not fully understand what exactly do you need :)

On 10. 11. 2016 at 9:48 PM, TitXlover said:

Would it have an Australian voice if downloading from there?

Can't tell :) i only guess that it should be with the Aust. voice as you are downloading it form official Ford Aus. web site.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club