Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange EGR Problems mk2.5 1.6 TDCI

andystephenson

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I think this might be for the 1.8TDCi and different to the 1.6TDCi? 

It might also be a variation between Mk2 & 2a ? I seem to recall your DV6 Focus was a 2a. I assume it was still in the same location just in front of the n/s wheel, just with the security bolts moved to the outer lid instead (or as well as) the inner connector cover.

Robert's car is 2010, so your post would be more correct for his car.

28 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

It might also be a variation between Mk2 & 2a ? I seem to recall your DV6 Focus was a 2a. I assume it was still in the same location just in front of the n/s wheel, just with the security bolts moved to the outer lid instead (or as well as) the inner connector cover.

Robert's car is 2010, so your post would be more correct for his car.

Yep that's right, mine was an early facelift.  Same location, I don't remember any further security inside but it was a few years ago now.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread and apologies for dragging it up again but I felt it important to correct an error made earlier on in the thread. 700414 is in fact the wrong Valeo EGR valve for the Ford 1.6TDCI

The correct valve is Valeo 700444

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://techassist.valeoservice.systems/sites/default/files/2019-01/Technical_bulletin_ACT_-_IS_01_18_-_Differences_between_EGR_valves.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiH0cbb5Z_3AhUJWsAKHeaTCZQQFnoECCAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0jZ9RxEygTOIwL3fNmp6x3

I wonder whether this explains the original posters frustrations and hopefully anyone reading through this thread in future will now be guided to the correct resolution.

• 1 year later...

The issue is the egr model, see a bolletin in valeo webpage, this car has a specific egr number and it's a different of 0.5v that is why is impossible to perform the adaptation.

My best regards,

ATLOVART

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club