Do Not Sell My Personal Information

alloy wheel cleaner??

ippy

I want to get some alloy wheel cleaner but not sure whether to get the 1 with acid in or not? will it damage the tyres (and the drive)  :unsure:

any advice?

I would get a PH neutral whee cleaner

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Dragonsbreath Fallout Remover. eBay it. It stinks but it's so good at removing brake dust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, sean.kerwin said:

Dragonsbreath Fallout Remover. eBay it. It stinks but it's so good at removing brake dust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks m8 im off to have a look

So longs as you've got a power washer it doesn't matter which one you use. Just using a hosepipe isn't enough to rinse the stuff off. Some time ago I wrecked a couple of wheels coz I left the stuff on a few mins too long.

There are people on here who will bamboozle you with science about cleaning stuff.

Just read the instructions on any cleaner you buy but I stress you Will need a power washer to rinse the wheels.

Oh yeah,

wots it smell of?? :yucky:

21 minutes ago, ippy said:

I want to get some alloy wheel cleaner but not sure whether to get the 1 with acid in or not? will it damage the tyres (and the drive)  :unsure:

any advice?

Autobrite direct purple rain, stinks like ammonia but does the job.

I use CarPlan Trade Valet Wheel Cleaner 5ltr bottle around £10 ebay/Halfords does a great job, just pour into a spary bottle and away you go ;-)

I use bilberry wheel cleaner, really good stuff, non caustic and smells nice too. :)

Bare in mind fallout removers & wheel cleaners are different things guys.

If you're after non acidic I'd recommend Kleen freaks non acidic wheel cleaner.

If you dont mind some slight acidity try inspired automotive wide stance or for high acid Wider stance!

You won't 100% need a pressure washer, you'll just be sat for a while soaking the dirt to soften it so it's a million times easier with a pressure washer. I'd recomend a Nilfisk as Karchers are overpriced & most have plastic internals

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

+1 for Autobrite Purple Rain

• Like 1

I use Dragons Breath, stinks like hell but strips contamination off nicely.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Autobrite purple rain - Fallout remover

Dragons breath - fallout remover

Only necessary when you have bonded iron particles on your paintwork or Wheels. The majority of the time yes it will react.. but most of what causing it to react could have been removed with a cheaper, wheel cleaner

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

I want to get some alloy wheel cleaner but not sure whether to get the 1 with acid in or not? will it damage the tyres (and the drive)  unsure.png

any advice?

Are the alloys simply alloy, or fancy diamond cut things?

If they're diamond cut you should try stick to PH neutral.

Bare in mind some "pH neutral" products are indeed neutral, until you stay them onto the wheel and the formula begins to react/work. Alot of Fallout removers are guilty of this. If unsure, test it for yourself before using it

Are they factory painted or exposed metal?

Painted wheels will be much less likely to have an adverse reaction to chemicals assuming you don't go too harsh.

If you have marks that you simply can't shift, definitely go down the acidic route to shift the marks, then seal the wheels and use a pH neutral product to maintain them.

I'd recommend Powermaxed Acidic wheel cleaner. it's based on Hydrochloric acid although the dilution ratio leaves it strong enough to do the job with plenty of headroom before you cause any damage.

The dilution ratio will also prevent any damage from being caused to a concrete driveway or similar.

Thanx for all the advice

The wheels are standard alloys their not scuffed or scraped or pitted in any way

they are just dirty ground in grime and brake dust its they brake dust stains that I want to clean off

(and she wants me to do her mini wheels):whip:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club