Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modifications & Insurance Policies.

SpannerTheCat

If your car is in any way different to when it originally left the factory when it was new please read the following regarding the legalities of your Insurance Policy.
Last Sunday @Bobr posted a comment http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/84044-painting-brake-calipers-need-ideas/?page=2 stating that when he contacted his Insurance Company about his painted brake calipers they considered them to be a modification. Now this got me thinking as i had recently painted my brake calipers but never considered contacting my Insurance Company because in my mind i didn't think of it being modified.
After a few conversations with my Insurance Company (Adrian Flux) i have had my 'modification' added to my Insurance Policy at no extra cost,if their decision went the other way i was prepared to re-paint them back to black as they originally left the factory.
Just imagine being stationary at traffic lights & someone crashed into the back of your car,a definite 'no blame' accident. now when the Insurance Assessor goes to view your car & notes any changes from the original there's a very good chance that they wouldn't pay out on any claim.
If there is any way an Insurance Company can get out of paying anything they certainly will. This obviously also applies to alloy wheels,wider tyres,chipped ecu's,tinted windows etc etc,if in any doubt always inform your Insurance Company just to stay within the Terms & Conditions of your Policy.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club