Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen 2 (the return!)

Russ

Last July while on holiday we had our windscreen replaced by autoglass who we can't fault. Tuesday we had a hot sunny day for a change and Tuesday night we had a cold night. Anyhow when I went out to the car this morning I was met with this..... No idea when it happened but can only assume that since the MOT (two weeks ago) a stone has hit the screen and I haven't heard it and the hot/cold has made it go "bang during the night!"

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

that looks a fresh hit :sad:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dezwez said:

that looks a fresh hit :sad:

It does doesn't it, didn't hear anything on the drive home last night and I initially thought someone had dinged the windscreen in our driveway but checking the damaged area there is dust on the windscreen bodywork and the damaged area looks 'stippled' from the roughness of a stone. I suppose it could be possible the rubber windscreen seal could have muted a stone hit. I'm positive the temperature rise/drop has shattered it though as today I only had one crack but while the car was sitting in the sunlight between 9:30am and 12:30 pm the topmost crack 'magically' appeared! 

it looks like a stone caused the initial damage the temp change made it crack

3 minutes ago, artscot79 said:

it looks like a stone caused the initial damage the temp change made it crack

Yep I'm trying to think when though as that's the magic question. From the mark on the rubber it's had a healthy thwack unless one of the trucks coming into the works car park has thrown a stone up, hence the reason I haven't heard anything hitting the car!

spooky,mine just cooked off today, after this video it grew to about 15in heading towards the NS A pillar. most of the crack is under the wiper with just that one long fork coming up to the left of the screen.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club