Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus mk2 1.6 zetec 55 plate petrol manual clutch problem ?

kory1986

lads please help

my focus mk 2 is making a wired noise at the biting point of my clutch bit like a tapping or machine gun sound its not overly loud but its there also every time i pull of in first gear the car is juddering like pulling off in a higher gear if i take it easy when pulling off its not as bad also my biting point is now higher than before car feels like its vibrating more two clutch is vibrating as well . i have just changed the rear gear box mount which helped with the gear change as it was lose is it the clutch or the fly wheel 

most likely youre slave cylinders gone either way its a gearbox out replace the whole clutch time clutch and slave cylinder

3 hours ago, artscot79 said:

most likely youre slave cylinders gone either way its a gearbox out replace the whole clutch time clutch and slave cylinder

is that including the fly wheel m8  is the slave cylinder part of the clutch assembly or is it a separate part   

just been on one of those sights where you put your job on the internet for garages to compete on your work i asked the garage if the fly wheel needed replacing they said no as my car has a solid one and not a dual mass one is it true that solid ones dont need replacing also saw this on a number of web-sights saying the same thing 

I had my clucth changed and have also solid flywheel. They did unmount it and resurfaced it but the same one was used again.

it turned out to be the clutch release plate there was some metal peeling off or something   

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club