Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5mm hubcentric spacer

jabbsy83
聽Share

Hello guys I have lowered my mk 2.5 focus zetec 30mm and I must admit it looks lurvly 馃槃 was wondering would it be worth me putting 5mm spacers all round. I have been offered 4 for 拢40. Any feedback would be great. I could however double them up and have them at 10mm on the rear. If I did would they go straight on without effecting the thread and nut. Thanks in advance .. 聽

20161003_150204.jpg

20161003_150152.jpg

Hello guys I have lowered my mk 2.5 focus zetec 30mm and I must admit it looks lurvly [emoji1] was wondering would it be worth me putting 5mm spacers all round. I have been offered 4 for 拢40. Any feedback would be great. I could however double them up and have them at 10mm on the rear. If I did would they go straight on without effecting the thread and nut. Thanks in advance .. 聽

20161003_150204.jpg

20161003_150152.jpg

I have looked into spacers for my MK3 but I have had confusing answers. Maybe this thread can help me as well :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been told by a fitter that 5mm will go on perfect no issues. However 10mm may be a little tricky. He said if you can't put 10mm on then put 5mm all round. But the best way to know if 10mm would go is the nut must make at least 6 full turns on the tread. Hope this helps. I'm going to double them up and count if it turns 6 or more I'll leave them if it don't then I will place them on the front also.聽

• Like 1

I decided to buy a very expensive tool to mesure the gap. Now given that I do not have a third hand to measure while I take a picture, I can confirm that 5mm should fit without hitting the wheel arch.

The space is there for all wheels and 5mm per wheel is 10 mm per axle. This will widen the track a bit and give better cornering. I also spoke to some people and while they confirmed 5mm should work I have yet to see it in action.

Please find below my expensive tool :).

90ffa8987c050d2a97d47206df21d6cb.jpg

ac238599e671a74c7de83a34c7180550.jpg

Could you please confirm where you bought this tool as I would love to purchase one. I bet this wasn't cheap

The dimensions of wheel spacers are usually listed per axle.

The wheel hubs have a machined flange which is needed to keep the brake discs and the聽wheels centered on the hub.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor spoorverbreders

The thinner type wheel spacers are usually just flat and are mounted on the wheel hub between the wheel and the brake disc. This type of wheel spacers should only be used for thin spacers.聽In my opinion 3 mm will be the maximum thickness for this type of spacer. When using thicker聽spacers of this type the spacer聽 the wheel is no longer sufficiently聽centered on the wheel hub.聽Not having the wheels centered correctly onto the wheel hub聽will result in vibrations.

In my opinion it is much better to use slightly thicker wheel spacers which have their own machined flange to keep the wheel centered. These spacers are available in different designs depending on thickness of the spacer.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor spoorverbreders 5x 108

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor spoorverbreders ford

Next to this it important to use good quality wheel spacers. You do not want this to happen:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor wheel spacer failure

• Like 1

all things considered , i wouldnt bother.

5mm wont be noticable enough to create any sort visually aggressive stance if its just for looks.......

going聽bigger , eg 10 - 20mm , will require better quality and more expensive hardware , not to mention any impact with tram-lining , strain on wheel bearings etc etc.

• Like 1

I don't know if it makes a difference but my focus as drums on the back 馃敡

1734ce3800cb89a9aa32e872f65a4445.png

I've put 2 of these on the rear of my focus and they have been fine. I wouldn't risk going 10mm unless you fit longer studs to make up for the spacer being on. Ideally I want 15mm front and 20mm rear hubcentric spacers which bolt on and the wheel bolts to that but I can't justify the price of them [emoji51][emoji51] I didn't pay much more for my 18s and brand new tyres. To be honest 5mm is tiny and I doubt you can tell I've spaced my rears so unless you're doing it to clear bigger brakes or something it's not overly worth doing but if you do I'd order some universal ones like in the pic off of eBay than paying 拢40 for some as you'd be better putting the 拢40 towards proper hubcentric ones which will make a noticeable difference

• Like 1

Tons of good information here. 15 front and 20 back are the ST recommended spacers.

Eibach has a nice pair with TUV and I wanted to get those. Thing is, i need to get wheel nuts and studs most probably. Which in turn will force me to buy 18 winter alloys because those won't fit on 16 winter alloys :(.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club