Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Needs cheap oil

JoJo2222

Hi all.

after paying out for £300 to getvthrough the MOT I need to do a cheap basic service

Can I use a decent 5w30 full synthetic oil that is not ford spec? 

Woyld it be that bad for my 1.4 deisal fusion? 

As long as it is the correct viscosity, any oil will be fine.  Changing it on a regular basis (6 months/6,000 miles) is the most important thing. 

10 minutes ago, JoJo2222 said:

So being ford spec doesn't rear let matter then?

To me - for an engine over 10 years old - I'd say no.  I've never used manufacturer specification oils and all my engines have ran perfectly well up to (and over) 200,000 miles.  As I say, it is the frequency of oil changes that it important.  Cheap oil changed every few months is better than expensive oil left in for years.

Stef, 

I'm looking for approx £25-£30 all in for oil and filter still with 5w30 or 5w40 oil.

jmurray,

I'm  glad to hear this info. Most ford spec oil is £7-£10 more than standard stuff and my old fusion has 130 thou Millie's on her. 

Some Ford engines do need the decent stuff, 1.6TDCi in particular!

I don't think the 1.4TDCi is too fussy but I personally would stick to it being Ford spec.  Triple QX and a filter from ECP with discount should be less than that easy.

For your car, I think holds 4.1 litres. You could get triple qx oil and a Bosch oil filter for £26 from eurocarparts just now. That's 'ford' spec oil too.

I have used triple qx oil in a few cars now and some have covered good mileage with no issues. They all get serviced before the manufacturers interval though. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club